Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 05:55 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,738,232 times

Advertisements

You can't teach kids who don't want to learn. More money is not the answer. The answer is parents who take an invested interest in their kids future. I was shocked by the number of people interviewed on the streets who could not put together a coherent sentence.

Quote:
Most white people can walk around where they live without much fear of being the victim of random crime. The same can't be said of a black US citizen walking around their own neighborhood in regards to the police.
So only police commit murders now. Get rid of the police and in six months Northwest Baltimore will resemble Mayberry. You know cops of all colors get their a** kicked and punched in black neighborhoods petty frequently. I'm waiting for the Jews in upper Park Heights and Cheswolde to start burning down their neighborhoods out of frustration for the sh*t they have to put up with on a regular basis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 05:59 PM

690 posts, read 1,006,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
You can't teach kids who don't want to learn. More money is not the answer. The answer is parents who take an invested interest in their kids future. I was shocked by the number of people interviewed on the streets who could not put together a coherent sentence.
Then you just witnessed the product of inner city public schools its sad when you can barely speak proper English the fundamental of a successful life in the USA. What's contradictory is that blacks kill blacks in the streets but get upset at the people who by definition try to protect us all by law. It's a bunch of right and wrongs in this scenario. Its a deep rooted problem that is for sure.

Old 04-29-2015, 06:05 PM

1,719 posts, read 2,738,232 times
Quote:
Then you just witnessed the product of inner city public schools its sad when you can barely speak proper English. What's contradictory is that blacks kill blacks in the streets but get upset at the people who by definition try to protect us all by law.
You sound like a very intelligent poster, but I've got news for you too. The same outcome is happening in school districts located in upper middle class black neighborhoods in P.G. and Baltimore County as well.

Old 04-29-2015, 06:23 PM

690 posts, read 1,006,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
You sound like a very intelligent poster, but I've got news for you too. The same outcome is happening in school districts located in upper middle class black neighborhoods in P.G. and Baltimore County as well.
Thanks. I will still say its to soon to make that generalization but only time will tell. I attended Balto. County Public schools and can testify that they were pretty good AND they prepare you for college if college is for you. If not there are also trade magnet schools to prepare you in mechanics, carpentry, etc. They get the parents involved and significantly more diverse which is something I wish Baltimore City was more like. My friends consist of Asian, Hispanic, White, and Black. I can guarantee you today that the worse school in academia in either county is nothing on the scale as their counterpart. The stark differences of the city and county are almost transparent. So much so that if I was to visit some of my distant cousins and friends or such that they would know I was raised in the county just by the way I speak and dress. Colloquially city residents will call you "County Boy" or "County Girl," which is the nice way of calling someone bougie. I have family who live in the city where some are doing well and others live in the neighborhoods featured on television. My cousin a product of Baltimore City Public Schools in west Baltimore English is slurred and stupefied. The crazy part is he is a good kid and is on the honor roll. Thing is if some parents speak like that, friends in the community speak like that, chances are you will speak like what you hear daily. So if the teachers don't correct it through speech classes no one will and the cycle continues. Sometimes when I talk to people in the hard communities I'm like Huh? Its like I go from Maryland to Mississippi at times. I must reassure readers that everyone in these neighborhoods are not like that but a lot are. To be honest its a huge shock and breath of fresh air when I find someone in those neighborhoods that I can have an intellectual conversation with. I usually question in my head if they are from the county but I take it as it is. I am blessed my parents have made a decent living so that I could see the world knowing that a lot of black males my age in the city never been outside of Baltimore City. Its just sad to see that I am in college as an African American male who can pronunciate, speak proper English and know how to dress for an interview. When others just like me with the same dreams are struggling.

Last edited by Northernest Southernest C; 04-29-2015 at 07:47 PM..

Old 04-29-2015, 09:43 PM

934 posts, read 1,061,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steppinthrax View Post
LOL,

CNN
FoxNews
CSPAN
etc...

Were all reporting how the situation was ****.

Of course your (pro Baltimore) opinion will be neg to those who don't want their vehicle flipped over on North Ave....
Why would anyone visiting Baltimore from outside the city be on North Avenue?

Old 04-29-2015, 09:45 PM

850 posts, read 1,130,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by designer_genes View Post
Why would anyone visiting Baltimore from outside the city be on North Avenue?
Because it's a road dumb ass and someone could have been driving down there to get somewhere. They could have been down there when the riot was going on. Don't you have a PhD or aren't you getting a PhD.

What in the actual ****?????

This is why HIV still exists.....

Old 04-29-2015, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Because it's a road dumb ass and someone could have been driving down there to get somewhere. They could have been down there when the riot was going on. Don't you have a PhD or aren't you getting a PhD.

What in the actual ****?????

This is why HIV still exists.....
Wow. You have a lot of rage problems. I think you should see someone about that.

There are lots of roads in Baltimore, smartass. It's pretty easy to navigate around Baltimore and avoid the areas everyone knows to avoid. I manage to do it just fine, which is probably why I've lived in the city for two years without ever being the victim of a crime.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:58 PM

850 posts, read 1,130,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by designer_genes View Post
Wow. You have a lot of rage problems. I think you should see someone about that.

There are lots of roads in Baltimore, smartass. It's pretty easy to navigate around Baltimore and avoid the areas everyone knows to avoid. I manage to do it just fine, which is probably why I've lived in the city for two years without ever being the victim of a crime.
LOL,

Do you live in a 1x1x1 box with no access to the outside world?

Did you watch the CNN/Fox/NBC/etc... live footage of protesters randomly damaging cars?

Is it so hard for you highly educated (yet lowly paid) mind to understand that some SUV could be driving through that area (out of town maybe) and didn't exactly realize that would be the worse place to drive through before it's too late.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:04 PM

Quote:
LOL,

Do you live in a 1x1x1 box with no access to the outside world?

Did you watch the CNN/Fox/NBC/etc... live footage of protesters randomly damaging cars?

Is it so hard for you highly educated (yet lowly paid) mind to understand that some SUV could be driving through that area (out of town maybe) and didn't exactly realize that would be the worse place to drive through before it's too late.
Yes, I watched CNN repeat the same footage of isolated incidents over and over to make it look like it was much more widespread than it actually was.

Were you in the city at all during the riots? No, you weren't. I was. So, the fact that you think you know more than me about it when you only watched it on TV is pretty amusing to me.

Old 04-29-2015, 10:08 PM

Quote:
I don't know what to say if you can't look out your window and recognize where you should and shouldn't be driving. Seems like basic common sense to me. Especially considering we all have GPS on our phones now. Pretty hard to accidentally end up on North Avenue in the middle of the ghetto when you were aiming for the harbor (for example).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: