Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 07:02 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,418,864 times

Advertisements

Baltimore's electoral season...

Let the clowns come out and play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
So I was watching the local news this morning and a slick Baltimore tourism video came on.. It touted the City's history and heritage, showed diverse smiling faces, museums, restaurants, the Harbor everyone having a good time.. and ended with a "Visit Baltimore" type statement..

The very next commercial was for Ivan Bates running for States Attorney which talked about the City's insanely high murder rate, high crime, and low conviction rate..

How ironic..SMH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2018, 07:04 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,418,864 times
Warriors! Come out to play-ay!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeEbtiruH2Q

Old 06-04-2018, 10:20 AM

16,553 posts, read 10,614,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
Warriors! Come out to play-ay!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeEbtiruH2Q

You're a fan of The Warriors? This may be the first time I've ever agreed with you on something!

Old 06-08-2018, 09:57 AM

675 posts, read 723,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by north beach person View Post
on the roads.

The legislature this year approved a 5 year timetable to restore highway user revenue to the counties and municipalities to the level it was prior to the o'malley administration's withdrawal of it.

How that impacts the city i'm not sure because it only lost 20% of the funding while everybody else lost 95%.

Just so everyone knows, baltimore gets highway money for both the city owned streets as well as the state roads within the city (the payment is based on miles of roads and a different formula is used for each).

So if you residents don't start seeing some improvement you need to start raising constant hell.

https://conduitstreet.mdcounties.org...nfrastructure/
interesting but i don't see any attempts to repair streets in the city and the county isn't much better.

Old 06-09-2018, 03:53 PM

45,337 posts, read 60,522,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debold4215 View Post
interesting but i don't see any attempts to repair streets in the city and the county isn't much better.
Ok. But the money's there for the City. So go raise Hell with the Council.

The County is a bit different, they didn't quite as good a deal as the municipalities.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:28 AM

777 posts, read 880,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappjohn View Post
No, but there has been some democrats on this thread trying to defend these youths using race as
an argument which is ridiculous. If were the other way around and the officer had shot a teen, BLM would be yelling about social injustice and such, regardless of the facts.

An unarmed woman who would be called "white trash" engaged in a fist fight with a police officer in a home with two other male occupants recently. The police officer did not shoot her but used
non-weapon restraining. The other (white) males also used unarmed physical resistance but were also restrained in the same manner as the woman. An unarmed (black) man, a few days ago,
ran at an officer and started a physical altercation. Did the officer attempt to restrain the (black) man without a lethal weapon? No. He shot him SEVERAL times until he stopped breathing.

You may not think it is about race, but law enforcement sure does and makes it known almost every day.

Old 06-13-2018, 12:23 PM

341 posts, read 423,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
An unarmed woman who would be called "white trash" engaged in a fist fight with a police officer in a home with two other male occupants recently. The police officer did not shoot her but used
non-weapon restraining. The other (white) males also used unarmed physical resistance but were also restrained in the same manner as the woman. An unarmed (black) man, a few days ago,
ran at an officer and started a physical altercation. Did the officer attempt to restrain the (black) man without a lethal weapon? No. He shot him SEVERAL times until he stopped breathing.

You may not think it is about race, but law enforcement sure does and makes it known almost every day.
Wow, you have all the answers. You should get a badge and show everyone how it's done.

Literally any one of a million different factors could be in play.

Also, I'd like to know how you can pull a trigger until someone "stops breathing." Do you do trigger pulls until you see their chest stop moving or do you have to plug their nose while firing the gun?

Old 06-13-2018, 03:19 PM

8,227 posts, read 13,345,033 times
The photo at the lead of this article is telling.. A whole block of intact but vacant row homes and a group of advocates asking for more affordable housing????? I don't know what it is about Baltimore.. but this place is bizarre.. Blocks of City owned homes vacant, high tax rate, developers getting tax breaks to develop "market rate" housing as opposed to rehabbing homes like in this photo or building new ones in neighborhoods (that could be rented or sold as workforce or affordable housing) as opposed to trendy or waterfront communities where the market can take care of itself...

"Affordable" Housing in Baltimore almost seems like a relative term.. Many people end up or remain in Baltimore because it is in fact "affordable" compared to the surrounding areas. You can rent a room by the day in Baltimore and likely rent a flat as well for a few bucks off of craigslist.. It wont be a "quality affordable, safe, decent and sanitary" housing which is what I believe the advocates are asking for as opposed to simply being "affordable" to the price point that the market will bare and where there is likely some abundance.. I see rooms for rent signs in NW Baltimore on beautiful old four squares.. likely carved up beyond recognition with every square inch a room.. It is probably affordable for someone on the lower end of the spectrum, just above homeless but likely not safe nor permitted. So, If I understand these folks they want new quality affordable.....Am I wrong????

https://baltimorebrew.com/2018/06/13...endment-drive/

Old 06-13-2018, 03:58 PM

20,099 posts, read 9,006,146 times
nobody wants to live around "rent by the night" residential housing.

Old 06-14-2018, 07:45 PM

675 posts, read 723,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite_heights77 View Post
baltimore's electoral season...

Let the clowns come out and play!
have you seen the ballots for baltimore ? Most officials are running unopposed. I would like to see some of our circuit court judges replaced
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore