Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2008, 01:53 PM

45 posts, read 183,210 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

Once again, thanks to everyone who posts their thoughts and feelings on particular threads--even the negative or depressingly sad. My question today is regarding the Henderson House and its surrounding areas. From looking at the map it looks to be just a few blocks from Univ. of baltimore. which is where i'll be attending school. Is Henderson that close that I could walk even in the winter? Also would this be considered Mt Vernon or a different neighborhood? Anyone have experience w/ HH as a renter or knew renters here? Lastly, any experiences in this neighborhood i would love to hear about--even the bad stuff. What is nearby as far as grocery, gas, entertainment etc. Thanks again for everybody's free exchange of ideas, it is a GREAT resource for those of us moving to Baltimore from across the country, THANKS again!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 02:38 PM

4,180 posts, read 14,600,083 times
Hi bye bye,
The Henderson House is in Mount Vernon on Mt. Royal and St Paul. It would be a good walk on any day. I would be more concerned walking in the hot humid weather than the winters as they are quite mild here. I know and knew several renters in it, quite a few teachers and other professionals. The place is well kept. Mt Vernon is one of the most beautiful neighborhoods in Baltimore. It's very dense will lots of historic significance. In terms of groceries, there is a brand new grocery store on Charles and Saratoga along with an Eddies on Eager near Charles. The Lexington Market is right near your school and has lots of food options. There is a Safeway at Charles and 25th. I think there is a gas station right across the street from Henderson. Mt. Vernon has plenty of entertainment options. It is also a popular area for gay folks in Baltimore. During the day, crime will not be an issue for you. There are many pedestrians out and about. At night, if walking, stick to Charles or St. Paul. Like Denver, use caution while walking late at night or take a cab. Henderson is very close to the train station. By the way, walking to University of Baltimore from Henderson will be about a 5 minute strut.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:39 PM

4,180 posts, read 14,600,083 times
I was wrong about Lexington Market because I was thinking you were attending University of Maryland. But, it's still an easy walk to Henderson.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:46 PM

45 posts, read 183,210 times
Default Thanks Jonjj

Thanks for the reply, I can handle a 5-10 minute walk. I am not looking forward to the humidity. I am actually more worried about that then crime. We folks here in denver don't even know what humidity is =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: