Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 02:42 PM

1,430 posts, read 1,086,916 times

Advertisements

The Chargers made the Ravens offense look bad for the most part. Lamar Jackson and Justin Tucker didn't play well enough to win a playoff game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2019, 08:10 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,249,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappjohn View Post
The Chargers made the Ravens offense look bad for the most part. Lamar Jackson and Justin Tucker didn't play well enough to win a playoff game.

Lamar only went so far?

Old 01-07-2019, 01:38 AM

The Ravens should have platooned Joe and Lamar. Lamar can't pass and Joe can't run, but together you had a chance.

Old 01-07-2019, 10:18 AM

7,009 posts, read 11,304,621 times
Quote:
I know. Too many d@@n Democrats on that team and in the city in general.......am I right?

Old 01-07-2019, 05:17 PM

The crowd was booing at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:24 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,083,784 times
They did start showing what they can do in the fourth quarter, but it was too late and then they got lucky on our last possession.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:35 PM

777 posts, read 881,278 times
Quote:
The crowd was booing at the end of the 3rd quarter.
Baltimore football fans don't deserve a team like the Ravens.
A lot of them are fair-weather and prejudiced. The Ravens have had
two Superbowl wins and numerous trips to the playoffs since
they have been in Baltimore. Most real fans of professional
football would treasure them. I know of Steelers fans that were
born and raised in Baltimore that have never been to Pittsburgh
but are Steelers fans for some reason. To boo Lamar Jackson after
he helped the Ravens go to the playoffs is a disgrace. Flacco would
not have given this team a playoff spot had he played. Flacco checked
out after his big contract.

I would not be surprised if Steve Bisciotti left Baltimore and took his
team to a place that would appreciate them. There are places in the U.S.
that would.

Old 01-07-2019, 11:05 PM

Boo hoo, the Ravens offense played horribly for a
Playoff game. It was 21 to 3 after 3 quarters, pathetic.
They need a quarterback that can pass if they want to win playoff games. The Steelers have a quarterback that
Can win with his arm, the Ravens dont.

Old 01-08-2019, 08:49 AM

8,235 posts, read 13,353,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
Baltimore football fans don't deserve a team like the Ravens.
A lot of them are fair-weather and prejudiced. The Ravens have had
two Superbowl wins and numerous trips to the playoffs since
they have been in Baltimore. Most real fans of professional
football would treasure them. I know of Steelers fans that were
born and raised in Baltimore that have never been to Pittsburgh
but are Steelers fans for some reason. To boo Lamar Jackson after
he helped the Ravens go to the playoffs is a disgrace. Flacco would
not have given this team a playoff spot had he played. Flacco checked
out after his big contract.

I would not be surprised if Steve Bisciotti left Baltimore and took his
team to a place that would appreciate them. There are places in the U.S.
that would.
Funny You mention fans of an NFL team that have never been to the city /game of their team. I know many Cowboys and Patriots fans like that. Never been to nor care about the city and often time not even been to a game. Most of it has to do with when they were raised and sometimes family along with the TV market of the times and who was winning. In my native South Carolina. Most residents were in fact Cowboys Redskins Giants and Steeler Fans in that order before the Panthers came along ... They didn't quite abandon these teams despite pulling for the panthers when they are winning. But most of these folks are Gen X on back. Millis may be different having grown up with the team in Charlotte ... Ironically NO ONE was a Falcons fan though they were right next door in ATL

I can't imagine many Ravens fans that haven't been or are not somehow attached to Baltimore. I can't see large fans bases being Ravens fan outside of MD DE and maybe parts of PA unless they are a fan of some member of the team ( like Ray Lewis ) when he was playing or have a connection to the area . But I could be wrong

Old 01-09-2019, 07:32 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,963,899 times
If you are a gen x'r all you remember is the mid 70's Colts getting beat like a drum by the Steelers in the playoffs, and blowing it against the Raiders. Affectionately known as you know.....
Ah, and outside of 58' and 59' which were great seasons the Colts throughout the 60's were always blowing it in the playoffs.
They were stacked, and made any modern Ravens team look weak compared to how good they were. They made just about any modern team including the Patriots look inferior.......
So how do you screw that up? Even the infamous missed kick by the packers in the 1965 divisional round
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAaeAO7Ymqw

Anyway I wasn't all that surprised. It's a one dimensional offense that was going to be exposed eventually, and it was.
And something I really can't figure is Fans think you draft your next QB and he will be the franchise QB. How can so many believe that. It can take a generation to find a franchise QB. And you still may not find one. And then when you do you have to put some kind of competent players in front of him.
THAT"S THE FRUSTRATION!!!!! AND THE BOOING!!! They had a chance in each of the last two season to make the playoffs and the Defense, where they put nearly all their draft capitol kept blowing it, then you go out there in the playoffs and on offense look silly.
Gee, now you aren't playing Cinci, Atlanta, Oakland, and Tampa anymore Toto.
Honorable mention against Kansas City, but see the previous two seasons to see how that turned out.

It's great to have won two SB's, but with a better offensive mindset there could be four in the case!
Big time organizational flaw!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore