Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 06:37 PM

1,430 posts, read 1,087,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
He told me everyone gets a $330 electric bill and sleeps on a mattress in the living room.[LEFT]

Not true, alot of these judges(liberal) in Baltimore are crooked. A large portion of the Baltimore residents don't even pay $330 a month for rent. Their section 8 programs cover most of the rent and the electric bills are far less than $330/month. The judge is spewing nonsense like CNN.

[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2019, 10:21 PM

22 posts, read 24,082 times
I'm still here, miserable. I can move tomorrow and should have listened to that horrible judge who said I could leave by the end of the month. I wasn't sure there would be an available apartment somewhere else and he was such an idiot, I felt so humiliated.

Yes, I have a full month security deposit on this junk apartment. I'm on the VIP list for apartments, just need to get out of this lease. I do not have money for the remainder of the year to pay out this lease and do not want to get evicted for sure.

So depressing. Had to go on a budget plan with BG&E. I'm definitely leaving in June. This place is the most horrible place you could imagine. Nice people living here, but I have no idea how they survive. I wish I knew who the property manager is, but I don't. They won't tell me. Unreal situation, a wasted year of my life. Thanks

Old 03-21-2019, 10:23 PM

$1400

Old 03-21-2019, 10:30 PM

I'm not making up the conditions of this apartment. I just am happy there aren't any rodents or roaches. It's just the insulation in all the walls is missing and no weather proofing on the windows. I'm warn out from this place. I'm not even sure if I want to stay in Baltimore. I'm starting to feel that the people who I need to contact are lazy, don't want to help, and the court was horrible and disrespectful to me, this manager is disgusting, and I have never been in this position before. I will leave one month before this lease is up. Let him sue me. I really don't care anymore.

Old 03-21-2019, 10:36 PM

I sent all my problems, bills, pictures to Consumer Protection Division at the Attorney General's office and they are back logged 8 or more weeks. They get angry with me when I call to see if this case was assigned. Can you imagine, Consumer Protection getting angry with you? What a waste of time. I really don't want to go to the media. Everything is a struggle here.

Old 03-21-2019, 10:39 PM

Thank you, no I'm not going to get evicted. My home is where I make it and I thought Baltimore would be a good fit. I work from home, so leaving everything is not an option. I've stopped stressing out and just figuring out where I want to go. You're so right, that's why I will never again move to a place sight unseen. Thanks again.

Old 03-21-2019, 10:48 PM

I'm sorry. Yeah the escrow inspector came, found the bedroom at 61 degrees and the heat was on at 74 degrees. There were two sets of violations sent to this manager, I have copies. Nothing has been done. No one knows who to speak to about the code violations.

The escrow judge said everyone likes to sleep in the cold. He was basically a moron.

Yes, waiting 2 months already for Consumer protection for mediation with the imaginary manager and whoever the landlord is. This was a waste of time, also a wasted year of being unhappy.

I apologize for the missing stuff. Also, I don't get on here that often, so apologize for not replying sooner.

Yes, I have read reviews online and heard from people here about the drafty windows and walls. Only one person threatened the manager with a lawyer last year. He repaid her electric bill. The other ones have moved out when their lease is done.

Thank you for your kind words.

Old 03-21-2019, 10:53 PM

You're correct, but I guess the escrow judge expected me to leave at the end of the month, but truthfully it was a shocker that he was giving me such little time. I hated him. Right again, those who were probably section 8 and whose managers or landlords came to escrow court got royal treatment.

Old 03-21-2019, 11:02 PM

I learned my lesson. Right now I just want to leave one month ahead and he can keep my security deposit for the last month's rent. The places where I am looking have a great reputation, so yes I do look at all the reviews. I was far away when this evil manager kept calling me asking me if I want to rent it. I fell for his lies. I really have no experience playing hardball with managers or landlords. I never needed to, if things weren't up to par, stuff would get done. This is such a sad situation that I got myself into and it's almost over.

I'm from a major city and tough in a way, but didn't expect what I got here. Thank you.

Old 03-21-2019, 11:04 PM

He doesn't respond and is never around. I've sent some pretty irate emails to him.
He's just a manager.
I have the landlords address and will send a certified letter next week. No name given, just Landlord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: