Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2023, 08:11 PM

948 posts, read 1,141,280 times

Advertisements

Listed our house in the market and had the first showing. Received a notification for an appointment in the evening around 6 PM. Lately, it was raining in the area and our backyard was kind of Muddy. We let our agent know that the visitors needs to wear shoe covers and was provided at the entrance door as well. Turned out it was a video tour and just the Realtor showed up.( we saw through ring camera remotely). Once we returned back home after the showing, the patio carpet (outside as well as inside was all dirty/muddy). Apparently, Realtor was too busy doing FaceTime through her phone that she might’ve forgot to wear the shoe cover.
We took a lot of effort to keep our interior clean and mop the floor frequently, just to make sure it’s spotless. So we are little worried about this experience especially from the buyers agent. Should we let our Realtor know about this or just let this slide? Not quite sure how many will be willing to purchase a house based on video touring. If they are seriously interested, I assume there will be a follow up visit at least. How should we handle a second visit from the same party if it happens?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2023, 08:25 PM

1,914 posts, read 2,245,422 times
This won't be the last showing that leaves some sort of trail. I'm sure most agents are conscientious and respectful of others' property, but real estate agents are a subset of the human race and represent the same range of personalities as the general population, so you will get some who are idiots and leave the door unlocked, some who track mud all over the house, some who leave all the lights on and the air conditioning on high, and even one or two who will leave water running in one or more bathrooms and/or the kitchen. I know this because all of these things happened to me when I was selling my last house, and similar incidents occurred when neighbors and friends were selling their houses. Some people are just stupid and inconsiderate, and there's not a lot you an do about it. You can certainly complain to the agencies that employ the culprits, but it will likely not do any good. You might get an apology, but mostly what you will get will be a complete inability to comprehend what the problem is. The only positive outcome I was able to wrest from my experience was to be allowed to ban the agent who left the door unlocked from ever showing my house without another (presumably more responsible) agent present as well. This was 20 years ago, so I have no idea if I could even make that happen now.

Old 04-27-2023, 08:28 PM

10,115 posts, read 19,415,962 times
Fire the agent! Find another who has half a brain!

Old 04-27-2023, 08:34 PM

1,914 posts, read 2,245,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Fire the agent! Find another who has half a brain!
That only works if it's the seller's agent. It could have been a buyer's agent or some other agent altogether. With a multiple listing, you will get agents from all different real estate agencies. If it was the seller's agent, then firing is certainly possible and maybe even reasonable in this case. If it was some other agent, one could complain to his/her employing agency, but it will be that agency's call whether to take any sort of disciplinary action.

Old 04-27-2023, 08:47 PM

948 posts, read 1,141,280 times
Thanks for the response guys. It was the buyers agent, not MY agent. But I am not 100% sure if my agent conveyed the message to the other party to wear shoe covers though I requested them To do so. But regardless it’s not rocket science but common sense not to clean up your dirty/muddy shoes inside the house. And on the way back, she drove over our curb as well. Lol. I’m not quite sure if it’s even worth letting her in for a future appointment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore