Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 07:18 AM

8,245 posts, read 13,364,466 times

Advertisements

The new MTA Police Outpost is up and running.. I imagine that it will have a positive impact on the goings on around the transit terminal which also impacts the mall. I noticed that there is also a MTA Park and Ride at Mondawmin though it is not widely advertised..Seems like a nice an inexpensive place to park and take the train downtown or Hopkins for those bound for those areas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 07:28 AM

7,301 posts, read 13,518,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
The new MTA Police Outpost is up and running.. I imagine that it will have a positive impact on the goings on around the transit terminal which also impacts the mall. I noticed that there is also a MTA Park and Ride at Mondawmin though it is not widely advertised..Seems like a nice an inexpensive place to park and take the train downtown or Hopkins for those bound for those areas
I've done this from time to time. The presence of the MTA police will help make this idea more appealing.

Old 04-24-2011, 12:36 AM

7 posts, read 20,564 times
I have no problem with either Mondawmin Mall or the reservoir, which is a nice place to go for walks. However some of the areas a little farther out (two or three blocks) don't seem like especially nice places to be...

Old 04-28-2011, 09:01 AM

Seems like the Police have ceded the northern section of the Druid Hill Park (Along Reisterstown Road near Druid Hill Ave) to Mad Max and his biker buddies. I rode through there on a Sunday and the street was literally a drag strip with bikers riding in both direction even into oncoming traffic. This was mainly from Park Circle down to just above the mall. It reminded me of the scene out of Mad Max meets the Fast and the Furious. Makeshift Bikes with wild riders wheeling down the street lined with other bikers and bystanders.. The hillside next to the park was defaced with bike tracks as folks tested their riding ability racing up it.

Tucked away on a quiet street.. a sole police officer observed this activity powerlessly...I guess it doesnt pay to intervene because more people would get hurt running away from the police... they simply allow it to happen as long as it doesnt leave the area.... Can anybody say Hampsterdam.. The Wire

I wonder how much impact this has on the Mall and its perception since it is close by??????

Old 04-28-2011, 10:35 AM

226 posts, read 364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
Seems like the Police have ceded the northern section of the Druid Hill Park (Along Reisterstown Road near Druid Hill Ave) to Mad Max and his biker buddies. I rode through there on a Sunday and the street was literally a drag strip with bikers riding in both direction even into oncoming traffic. This was mainly from Park Circle down to just above the mall. It reminded me of the scene out of Mad Max meets the Fast and the Furious. Makeshift Bikes with wild riders wheeling down the street lined with other bikers and bystanders.. The hillside next to the park was defaced with bike tracks as folks tested their riding ability racing up it.

Tucked away on a quiet street.. a sole police officer observed this activity powerlessly...I guess it doesnt pay to intervene because more people would get hurt running away from the police... they simply allow it to happen as long as it doesnt leave the area.... Can anybody say Hampsterdam.. The Wire

I wonder how much impact this has on the Mall and its perception since it is close by??????
i dont know that your from baltimore if you dont know that this is a sunday tradition at druid hill park, dirtbike clubs, motorcycle clubs, car clubs all congregate at the park every sunday to show off their wheels

Old 04-28-2011, 12:07 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,442,036 times
I just spent the entire of last Saturday in the area around the mall with no problems at all. I spent several hours (waiting for someone,) the day before and ended up doing a lot of people watching.

I went down to the Edgar Allen Poe musuem/house, and felt perfectly fine parking a couple of blocks away to walk down there. I even ended up talking to an gentleman about a house for sale next to his and took pictures of several of the more ramshackle places including the old church that is getting torn down (wish someone had been able to save the stained glass windows.)

Never was I accosted, or even looked at funny. I certainly was not mugged, beaten up and left for dead. I felt perfectly safe even as a pretty obvious out of towner.

Old 05-19-2011, 02:18 PM

1,973 posts, read 6,810,192 times
Default A huge empty space at Mondawmin

The Motor Vehicles Administration has now vacated its space at Mondawmin and has moved to Hilltop Shopping Center, one of the Barry Levinson camong-of-age locations at Reisterstown Road and Rodgers.
What's going into the MVA space?

Old 05-20-2011, 07:20 AM

I suspect that there is a plan for that site.. I dont know if the MTA did not renew their lease or their lease was NOT renewed by the Mall. I am certain that interest in the Mall is up because of Target.. there is also now a Children's Place store in the Mall..to my wife's delight. I would hope that they would tear down the MTA Bldg and allow Coppin to expand on to the site. Additionally, I wish they would recruit a TGI-Fridays, Ruby Tuesday, or Applebees for the pad site in front of Target along Liberty Heights.. That place would make a ton of money during football season and every other season.. there is always a good excuse to drink

Old 05-20-2011, 07:24 AM

7,301 posts, read 13,518,729 times
I'm not a mall guy (not any of them) but I had to go to Radio Shack yesterday. I must say, Mondawmin is looking better than ever on the inside.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:25 AM

1,973 posts, read 6,810,192 times
Default No Coppin

This I know for a fact: The mall operators want Coppin to stay on its side of Gwynns Falls. When Coppin asked about student parking on the mall lot, the answer was a terse no.
There are all kinds of Coppin expansion scenarios, but none involves the mall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore