Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2022, 02:48 PM

4 posts, read 3,527 times

Advertisements

My family is considering relocating so our child can attend the Blue Hill Harbor School. We currently live in a small rural town in Vermont, so rural isn't an issue. Has anyone had experience with the Blue Hill Harbor School? I'd also love to hear what people have experienced in the Blue Hill area! Friendly? Things to do? Employment isn't an issue, my husband and I are both employed remotely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2022, 03:13 PM

1,884 posts, read 2,895,864 times
Have you visited Blue Hill and/or the school? Unlike Vermont, Blue Hill, Maine is oceanside. Like most coastal Maine towns, there are lots more people in the summer. Blue Hill has a nice grocery store and co op (huge new building and location), veterinarian, small hospital, several restaurants. My favorite thing about Blue Hill is the Blue Hill Fair, takes place every year Labor Day weekend. I've heard more about George Stevens Academy than Blue Hill Harbor School. Suggestion: Google things to do in Blue Hill, Maine.

Last edited by mainegrl2011; 01-05-2022 at 03:29 PM..

Old 01-05-2022, 05:59 PM

4 posts, read 3,527 times
I've already googled, and yes we have visited. I'm looking for "boots on the ground", the real information that you don't find from Google. Parent perspectives from those who have/had kids enrolled, locals who live in the general area or those who have opinions or know the school's reputation, that sort of thing. You can find much better quality information from real people than a generic search, that's the kind of stuff I'm looking for.

Old 01-05-2022, 08:37 PM

1,884 posts, read 2,895,864 times
I'm 13 miles from Blue Hill. I have relatives in Blue Hill. I hope you find someone who can give you insider info about the school. I googled just for the "fun" of it and found it interesting that #1 in the things to do in Blue Hill was Blue Hill Mountain. #2 The Jonathan Fisher House #3 the Blue Hill Public Library. I love mountains, hiking and libraries. The fair has been happening once a year (since 1891), but sadly, it didn't even make the list.

Last edited by mainegrl2011; 01-05-2022 at 09:21 PM..

Old 01-11-2022, 09:46 AM

441 posts, read 440,006 times
Curiosity got the better of me. Wow this school looks awesome. I can see why you would want to have your kids attend.

The tuition is not really that bad either. It is at least double that here in Portland, OR.
Of course all the expenses of moving make it prohibitive for us. But hey I can dream.

Seriously this is the kind of school that would benefit our daughter. She has some issues and I don't really want to comment publicly. Not anything to serious . She currently goes to an Arts and communication magnet school which is part of our public school district.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Bangor area