Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 12:49 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Teehe

Besides, you went to so many games, I thought you were a big time succesful business owner who worked 15 hours a day. Now you're an avid baseball fan who goes to dozens of games a year?

I know you're here just to irritate people but at least get your story straight....

Wrong as usual.

I sold the business 3 years ago and retired at 40 years old.
Get your lies straight or least when you are going to attack someone know the facts.

And yes, we are avid sports fans ( Love college football, basketball, baseball etc ) and and have a DH who played in the minor leagues for the Cincinnati Reds.

Bottom line is the Yankees are going home after spending tons of money and getting nothing to show for it.

Why are you posting in the sports forum anyway if you have nothing to contribute as to why the Yankees got their butts kicked?

Please stay on topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2010, 01:32 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,164,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
I feel for the Yankees, after spending tons of money to go out and get Texiera, CC, Berkman and others to fill a complete roster will good players they were soundly butt kicked by the Texas Rangers who out played, out smarted, out hit, out pitched and out managed the Yankees and beat them at their own game.

With a roster like the Yankees have they should be on their way to another purchase of a world series but they are not.

Good for baseball that Texas with players who play hard every inning of every game and appear to be a team instead of selfish money grabbers like the Yankees have.

Hate to say it but now maybe the Yankees will finally stop spending money on players who do not perform when they are needed.

This is a good thing for basball when a team who has a payroll like they do gets their butts kicked so badly.

Congrats to Josh Hamilton, a player I have watched go from a total disaster with problems in his personal life to now one of the best players in the game.

Its not surprising the Yankees dont win every year. In a short series, anyone can win especially if they get hot. Bot what the BANKEES can do is always assure themselves of a shot by buying up the best players. This gives them an unfair advantage over other teams. No, they won't win it every year, but they WILL always have a shot by making the right "purchases" ...there are others teams that are doing this so Red Sux fans don't think this doesn't apply to you too. You can not buy a WS victory...what you buy is a chance.

Now BANKEES ... do what your fans expect to be done and go buy Crawford and Lee...overpay Jeter and Riviera ..

Old 10-24-2010, 01:38 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,535,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
I hate the Yankees, but this isn't what happened.

Yes, the Rangers won, but not because the Yankees didn't play hard or because the Rangers are better humans.
THis...It was simple, Yankees didn't pitch, didn't hit and and the Rangers did. I do prefer their management style of risk as well.

Still nothing to brag about, first WS appearance to what 26 rings

Old 10-24-2010, 03:57 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,410,495 times
Default tsk..tsk...

My Grandfather and his brother are probably turning over in their graves. Karl and Otis 'Doc' Crandall...anybody know much about them? 'Doc' Crandall was my Granduncle. Pretty well known in the Baseball world way back when...
Koale

Old 10-24-2010, 04:08 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times
I think some of you guys are confused by so called Yankee entitlement.
The Yankee players know they have to play hard to win every year and they know that some years it just ain't gonna happen.

It's the Yankee fans who think they are entitled to the World series win every year just because they are Yankees.

Don't blame the Yankee players who jump on board for the big bucks. How many folks would switch employers for a huge salary increase.

Hating the Yankees because they are a good team that beats your team is what 12 year old's do.
Grown men/women know better.

Old 10-24-2010, 04:39 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok
Yes, the Rangers won, but not because the Yankees didn't play hard or because the Rangers are better humans.
I never said that at all.
Quote:
Good for baseball that Texas with players who play hard every inning of every game and appear to be a team instead of selfish money grabbers like the Yankees have.
Did I miss understand you?

Quote:
Why are you posting in the sports forum anyway if you have nothing to contribute as to why the Yankees got their butts kicked?
lol

[insert pot meet kettle joke here]

[/getting trolled]

Old 10-24-2010, 05:06 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Did I miss understand you?

lol

[insert pot meet kettle joke here]

[/getting trolled]

I never said anything about being better humans you did.

So yes, it might be hard for you to understand and comprehend the sentence.

How do you know anything about sports?

I happen to have picked the last three Heismans, last 3 football national champions, Lakers in the NBA, finished in the top 10 in the ESPN basketball tourney nationwide! So I know my sports, do you?

MOD CUT

Tell us ole mighty one, why did the Yankees not get back to the WS with all those bags of money players?

Come on now be honest. Are you truly a Yankees fan and jumped on the bandwagon only after they purchased some players who underperformed and like ADog forgot his roids at home?

Last edited by NewToCA; 10-24-2010 at 08:16 PM.. Reason: rude

Old 10-24-2010, 05:21 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
Quote:
... out smarted,... selfish money grabbers like the Yankees have.
So the stupid selfish money grabbers are the better or equal humans? Again, sorry if I misunderstood.

Quote:
So yes, it might be hard for you to understand and comprehend the sentence
It is hard for me to understand what sentence you are referring to here, yes.

Quote:

I happen to have picked the last three Heismans, last 3 football national champions, Lakers in the NBA, finished in the top 10 in the ESPN basketball tourney nationwide!

So I know my sports, do you?

Baseball is really the only sport that I follow in depth.

Quote:
Stop being such a troll and stay on topic.

Quote:
Come on now be honest. Are you truly a Yankees fan and jumped on the bandwagon only after they purchased some players who underperformed and like ADog forgot his roids at home?
No. If you read through my posts here in the baseball forum, I think it is pretty clear that I'm not a Yankee fan, probably fall more in line with the term 'Yankee hater'.

Quote:
Tell us ole mighty one, why did the Yankees not get back to the WS with all those bags of money players?
Because they were outplayed over the course of 6 games by the Texas Rangers.

The Rangers won 55.6% of their games this season.
The Yankees won 58.6% of their games this season.

If the Yankees are 3% more likely to win any given game than the Rangers it is hardly surprising that the Rangers would be able to win 4 out of 6 games.

Old 10-24-2010, 11:14 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,076,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90
Wrong as usual.

I sold the business 3 years ago and retired at 40 years old.
Get your lies straight or least when you are going to attack someone know the facts.

And yes, we are avid sports fans ( Love college football, basketball, baseball etc ) and and have a DH who played in the minor leagues for the Cincinnati Reds.

Bottom line is the Yankees are going home after spending tons of money and getting nothing to show for it.

Please stay on topic.
Quote:

So yes, it might be hard for you to understand and comprehend the sentence.

I happen to have picked the last three Heismans, last 3 football national champions, Lakers in the NBA, finished in the top 10 in the ESPN basketball tourney nationwide! So I know my sports, do you?

Old 10-25-2010, 04:04 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Poor Yankees could not BUY another pennant. .
Same goes for the Phillies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball