Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 10:28 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,007,056 times

Advertisements

Fred why cant we boycott these crooks and have only 5,000 - 7,000 attneding that disaster fo a stadium...

see fred ..again you are the problem..the mets need owners who will stop living in the past..it is a disgrace that i go to the Mets clubhouse store and they sell sandy koufax jerseys, don drysdale jerseys...and this infatuation with Jackie robinson is nonsense...i know you will all call me a bigot but that is not the point....he did not play for the Mets...

it is the same thing as the Baltimore ravens having a Johnny Unitas Rotunda....

the wilpons are a joke....and the people that put money in their pockets like fred enable them...

yes sandy alderson was a great move...but now these loser met fans say that if they trade jose reyes it would be the equivalent disaster of when they traded tom seaver.,,,

please do not copmpare a bona fide 1st ballot hall of famer to a oft injured, lackadasial underacheiver like Reyes....please....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 02:26 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Let me just ask you this: do you honestly believe that a fan boycott would actually take place? The attendance at Citifield might be low, even very low. But if you think the Mets will show up some day to a completely empty house, you put something in your orange juice that shouldn't have been there. (And harping on me as the problem isn't getting you anywhere, either. I'm just the only one who's been willing to talk back to you--something that won't be happening much longer, so you won't have to worry about it).

You obviously don't care much for the Mets or their fans. Why don't you just admit what everyone else can see--put on Yankee pinstripes and root for them.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:49 PM

Default mets

No fred..you tell me why citifield cant have 5,000 - 7,000 every nite until these crooks the wilpons sell the team...the reason they are losers are because of these lowlifes the wilpons....i mean come on..who the hell sells retro jerseys for another team in their own new team store at their brand new stadia?? who gets taxpayer money after wringling for years, has a brand new stadia built for their team, and MOD CUT so bad that their star players cant ever hit home rusn cuz of the way they designed it...keep going fred...keep wasting your money.......i just hope you arent old and u may be due to your smittenness with the brooklyn dodgers...get over the dodgers already.....it was over 50 yrs ago they left you like a dog dying in the street.....sheesh...

Last edited by NewToCA; 05-16-2011 at 09:20 AM.. Reason: language

Old 05-14-2011, 08:02 AM

5,985 posts, read 4,379,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithlord72 View Post
No fred..you tell me why citifield cant have 5,000 - 7,000 every nite until these crooks the wilpons sell the team...the reason they are losers are because of these lowlifes the wilpons....i mean come on..who the hell sells retro jerseys for another team in their own new team store at their brand new stadia?? who gets taxpayer money after wringling for years, has a brand new stadia built for their team, and MOD CUT so bad that their star players cant ever hit home rusn cuz of the way they designed it...keep going fred...keep wasting your money.......i just hope you arent old and u may be due to your smittenness with the brooklyn dodgers...get over the dodgers already.....it was over 50 yrs ago they left you like a dog dying in the street.....sheesh...
Ouch! Relax and try to accept your fate, ****lord72. A few years from now when the Mets are back on top, everyone will say they're winning only because they're in a large market and have gobs of money. One way or the other, you can't win.

Last edited by NewToCA; 05-16-2011 at 09:21 AM..

Old 05-14-2011, 09:44 PM

Yeah, what Ridgerunner said. And if you need that paraphrased in a much shorter version...get real.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:30 PM

Ok "fred' u gonna keep paying $$$ to see this team....Wilpon just undervalued his whole team and now will get nothign for beltran, reyes and wright....

<Mod Cut>

Last edited by Orangeish; 05-23-2011 at 03:41 PM..

Old 05-24-2011, 09:05 AM

For someone who seems to have absolutely no use for the Mets, you do an awful lot of posting on the subject.

Old 05-24-2011, 02:36 PM

2,010 posts, read 3,459,580 times
The biggest problem as I see it, is that it is no longer fun to make fun of the Mets. The situation has gotten so bad, that I can no longer derive joy from their misery.

How can I ever relive the thrill of winning the 2007 division championship, if you guys aren't even around to collapse in September?

How can I make fun of your next terrible signing if they actually improve your abysmal team?

How can my heckling cut down your players' morale when your very own Owner is calling your best players garbage?

HOW, I ASK! HOW?!

I just feel so empty, and all of the Aces in our division can't cheer me up. Come back to us Mets... When you do, our hate will be waiting.

Love,

Philadelphia

Old 05-25-2011, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KStreetQB View Post
I just feel so empty, and all of the Aces in our division can't cheer me up. Come back to us Mets... When you do, our hate will be waiting.

Love,

Philadelphia
I know where you're coming from. It isn't even as much fun to hate the Phillies these days--and that's saying a lot. But things go in cycles; I'm sure there's plenty of screaming and yelling right around the corner (it'll just take a while until we get there!)

Old 05-25-2011, 08:24 AM

1,956 posts, read 4,876,777 times
What a disaster
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball