Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2012, 11:58 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,330,833 times

Advertisements

Job Posting: Orioles Baseball Analytics Intern | FanGraphs Baseball

Quote:
The Baltimore Orioles are looking to hire a Baseball Analytics intern to work in our Baseball Operations Department. This individual will report to the Assistant Director of Scouting & Player Development and the Coordinator of Baseball Analytics.

The intern will primarily focus on compiling, maintaining and analyzing data to assist the department in its development of various statistical models for use in player evaluation, both in the amateur, pro, and international arenas, in addition to performing other baseball-related research projects.

Candidates with a degree (undergrad or graduate) or extensive background in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Econometrics, or Economics are preferred. A familiarity with current baseball research and analytics, especially the Pitch F/X system, is also preferred.
Another front office obviously using statistical analysis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 11:50 AM

Default Job Opening: Kansas City Royals - Systems Architect

MLB Team Jobs

Quote:
JOB SUMMARY:
The Kansas City Royals Baseball Club is seeking a highly motivated data architect and systems developer to deliver analytics solutions to both baseball and business operations. While primarily working with baseball operations, this individual will also support projects for broader business operations. The ideal applicant will be able to manage multiple concurrent projects that expand the overall Royals’ information architecture and analytics capabilities.
And another major league front office using statistical analysis

Old 12-04-2012, 01:26 PM

Default Job Openings: Major League Baseball - Stat Stringers

MLB.com seeking stats stringers for 2013 season | SABR

Quote:
MLB.com, the official web site of Major League Baseball, is seeking stats stringers to cover these clubs in 2013 and beyond:

Baltimore/DC (both clubs)
Houston
Kansas City
Oakland/SF (both clubs)
Philadelphia
Pittsburgh
San Diego
Seattle
Texas (Arlington)
Toronto

Stats stringers are responsible for digitally scoring games from the MLB ballparks, which provides the data used in the live content applications on MLB.com, including Gameday and MLB.TV, real-time highlights and text alerts, and by our business partners.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:48 AM

Default Job Opening: Kansas City Royals - Analyst

MLB Team Jobs

Quote:
JOB SUMMARY
The Kansas City Royals Baseball Club is seeking a highly motivated and creative statistician/analyst to develop analytics for use in decision-making by the Baseball Operations department. The ideal applicant will be capable of leveraging baseball data to provide a competitive edge and innovative solutions to the Kansas City Royals.

ACCOUNTABILITIES
Perform advanced statistical analysis on large volumes of baseball data in order to aid in Baseball Operations decision making.

Old 12-13-2012, 02:19 PM

78,581 posts, read 60,785,925 times
I'd drive the 20 miles there to interview but when they asked for my first prediction it would be 100 losses and they'd fire me for my honesty.

Gorgeous stadium though.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'd drive the 20 miles there to interview but when they asked for my first prediction it would be 100 losses and they'd fire me for my honesty.

Gorgeous stadium though.
I'd at least ask to see your calculations before I fired you.

I have the Royals a bit over .500 in my rough early projections

Old 12-15-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post

Well, it was a joke given how bad they were. They've improved in recent years though and are now just "crappy".

They haven't been close to .500 since the fluke year 2003.

Recent years they've been hovering around 72ish wins.

I'd say 100 losses is more likely than a .500 season by around 5-2 odds.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post

Is there a random variable that indicates that we are after all dealing with the Royals?

That whole is lesser than the sum of it's parts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball