Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 11:25 AM

48,564 posts, read 24,129,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
I don't know if it was you or Grandstander that I had this discussion with. I'd have to dig up the post from another thread, but Olson's jersey moved when the tag was applied. .
That was me. The day after that play occurred, Ray Fosse on the A's telecast explained that there were other replay angle cameras that NY had access to which the local broadcast did not. That leaves the fans in a position of having to trust that NY saw something which we couldn't when we are confronted with replays which don't really establish the truth of the matter.

I don't get too worked up about these things, if mistakes get made, they get made for all 30 teams in the course of a season, no club is being picked on or discriminated against. Breaks of the game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2018, 01:15 PM

7,554 posts, read 7,102,578 times
Verlander-Kluber mostly going as expected so far. Though Kluber did hit two batters.

I posted this on Twitter a couple of days ago. "Hoping for Red Sox over Braves or Rockies but picking Indians over Dodgers"

Old 10-05-2018, 02:02 PM

Verlander has a no hitter going through five innings.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:19 PM

Looks like I jinxed it....first batter of the 6th got a single

Old 10-05-2018, 09:16 PM

20,871 posts, read 9,541,930 times
Go Sox!

Old 10-06-2018, 01:09 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,475,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
That was me. The day after that play occurred, Ray Fosse on the A's telecast explained that there were other replay angle cameras that NY had access to which the local broadcast did not. That leaves the fans in a position of having to trust that NY saw something which we couldn't when we are confronted with replays which don't really establish the truth of the matter.

I don't get too worked up about these things, if mistakes get made, they get made for all 30 teams in the course of a season, no club is being picked on or discriminated against. Breaks of the game.

Yup, that's the breaks of baseball. 2001 when the A's lost that ALDS series to the Yankees they had the 2nd best record in baseball, but because the team with the best record (Mariners) were in their divisions, A's settle for the Wildcard. Yankees & A's had the 3rd & 4th best records in baseball this year, but because they played in the same divisions as the teams with the first & 2nd best records, one of those teams was going to go home early. It sucks, but that's baseball. Much like real estate it's all about location, location, location. The NL was prime real estate territory, the AL was a barren market.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:31 AM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
All I am thinking is: after winning the west 6 time it is time for the Dodgers to take it all. The worst, we can not get the game. We have Dish and the network it is on isn't part of our package. We have decided before next season we are going to have to change plans or switch to some other cable company.
I switched from Dish to Direct in 2015 so I could watch the Astros. I kept telling Dish I was going to do that if they dind't add the Astros station. They didn’t, so I did.

Old 10-08-2018, 03:00 PM

10-2 Astros in the 8th. Looks like sundown for another Indian's season.

Old 10-08-2018, 03:03 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
10-2 Astros in the 8th. Looks like sundown for another Indian's season.
Yeah, the Astros just lowered the boom!

Old 10-08-2018, 09:50 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,131,452 times
Jeez, the Red Sox really tore into the Yankees tonight, in NY no less, 16 to 1. Wow, this ALCS is going to be great, Houston vs Boston. I think we're in for some great baseball.

Hope the Brewers can make it work against the Dodgers, but the thorn is Tommy Lasorda. If he sees Milwaukee defeat the Dodgers, it will kill him for sure. He's the only reason I might be able to carry on, if the Dodgers win the NLCS and crush the hopes and dreams of the brewery. Beating the Brewers should be enough to keep Lasorda alive for another year, he has to have hope for the future. Plus, to be honest, I think LA needs something to make them feel like Americans again. On the other hand, Milwaukee has been waiting for so long, still remember the '82 WS when the Cardinals beat them in game 7. The Rockies had their chance back in '07 and blew it, the Brewers are not exactly a young expansion team anymore, they've been in Milwaukee since 1970 and only had that one WS appearance in 1982, they are foaming for a win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball