Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 01:00 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,989,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Darling stands by '86 Dykstra slur allegations

It's sad.. I loved Lenny as part of the '93 Phillies.. He fit in perfectly with that team.. but it turns out, he wasn't a guy like Kruk or Eisenreich or even lovably crazy like Darren Daulton.
Odd that Lenny is allegedly shouting this stuff and Boyd didn't hear. Lenny is a nutcase but I am giving him benefit if doubt here. Lenny denies it, Boyd didn't hear it and Darling says others back him. Not much to go on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2019, 01:23 PM

2,264 posts, read 1,484,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Odd that Lenny is allegedly shouting this stuff and Boyd didn't hear. Lenny is a nutcase but I am giving him benefit if doubt here. Lenny denies it, Boyd didn't hear it and Darling says others back him. Not much to go on.
I tend to think that a knucklehead hurling racial epithets is a more likely occurrence than someone just deciding to make up such an accusation out of thin air.

Then there's the fact that according to Lenny Dykstra, nothing is ever his fault. His foreclosure? He was the victim of mortgage fraud, he says. He had a bankruptcy case denied for fraudulent claims - he ultimately pled guilty to a variety of related felonies, all deceitful in nature (obstruction of justice, false claims, concealing assets, etc.). He was arrested on unrelated theft charges. His rap sheet on other charges is a mile long: DWI, sexual harassment, vandalism, writing bad checks, sexual assault, identity theft, possession of controlled substances.

I'd be hard-pressed to come up with someone whose personal claims are any more worthless based on his track record. As for those declining to comment or claiming to know nothing about Darling's claims, it is not unusual for celebrities to adopt 'no comment' and 'I know nothing' postures in order to avoid controversy.

Oh, and this is not the first time Dykstra has been accused of hurling racist epithets.
https://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...ticle-1.372313

Meanwhile, Ron Darling has led a low-key life free of controversy, so far as I can tell.

Old 04-04-2019, 10:32 PM

938 posts, read 446,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Darling stands by '86 Dykstra slur allegations

It's sad.. I loved Lenny as part of the '93 Phillies.. He fit in perfectly with that team.. but it turns out, he wasn't a guy like Kruk or Eisenreich or even lovably crazy like Darren Daulton.
People will put anything in a book to try to make it more salacious or controversial, nothing new here.

Old 06-01-2020, 02:11 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,129,546 times
Dykstra's lawsuit against Darling has backfired on him, the judge really tears him a new one with his opinion.

Quote:
A judge has dismissed Lenny Dykstra's defamation and libel lawsuit against Ron Darling, ruling that the former New York Mets outfielder's "reputation for unsportsmanlike conduct and bigotry is already so tarnished that it cannot be further injured."

"Based on the papers submitted on this motion, prior to the publication of the book, Dykstra was infamous for being, among other things, racist, misogynist, and anti-gay, as well as a sexual predator, a drug-abuser, a thief, and an embezzler. Further, Dykstra had a reputation -- largely due to his autobiography -- of being willing to do anything to benefit himself and his team, including using steroids and blackmailing umpires," Kalish wrote.
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ling-dismissed

This amounts to the judge saying that Lenny is such a well known scumbag, it is impossible to libel him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball