Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 09:09 AM

2,317 posts, read 5,140,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
They are similar to the yankees this year.Having an all star at almost every position does not make you a contender.Solid players in key positions and a couple of sluggers and solid pitching usually is the mix.I mean you look at a guy like reyes who is a great ballplayer but to me he doesn't take baseball seriously.Beltran and delgado play when they want to play and so does castillo.The best player they have is wright he shows up to play on a daily basis.I"m latino so i don't want for anyone to take this the wrong way but these latino players the mets have worry more about how they look than going out there and playing ball the way it was mean't to be played.They need to get off their high horse and play some ball for willie and there not doing that.
very good post the mets are just not together,seems like everyone does their own thing,I am a die hard mets fan since I was a kid and so far
It has been a disappointing season,they do have great players but it's the
team that wants It bad enough that wins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 09:48 AM

582 posts, read 2,042,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coartist88 View Post
very good post the mets are just not together,seems like everyone does their own thing,I am a die hard mets fan since I was a kid and so far
It has been a disappointing season,they do have great players but it's the
team that wants It bad enough that wins.
At this point willie must sit these so called all stars down for a few games and give them a wake up call.You watch these mets games and there doesn't seem to be intensity in the way most of these guys go out and play.His job is on the line and he's got nothing to lose because minaya isn't gonna take the fall.Basically what minaya did was fill his roster up with latino all stars thinking that would take them to the promised land.Good teams will have maybe 1 or 2 of these players on their squad and add hard nosed players so those can feed off of those guys.But the mets don't have a hard nosed player or a leader on there team.Look at a team like boston,the captain of the team is varitek not manny or ortiz.Why?because not everyone is a leader or a player everyone looks up to.That's what the mets are lacking a leader in the clubhouse.These all stars they have not one of them is a leader everyone is out for themselves and that is a very toxic situation for any manager.It was even for the great joe torre.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:49 PM

717 posts, read 777,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
At this point willie must sit these so called all stars down for a few games and give them a wake up call.
This is the problem with Willie. He never holds anyone accountable.
Delgado should have been benched numerous times yet he still goes up there and pops up or strikes out every time.

Willie is a terrible manager. There is no way around it.
From his awful management of Game 7 in the 2006 NLCS to the pathetic collapse last year. He gets nothing out of this talented roster.

Reyes has regressed enormously, Wright is now even showing signs of regression. Its very scary and willie pretends like everything will turn by magic.

Met fans are sick of it.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:29 PM

These guys need sweet lou in that clubhouse to straighten this i'm an all star attitude.These guys really think there gonna go out there and win because of there names.Just ask the yankees how many championships they've won lately with the highest payroll.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:34 PM

941 posts, read 2,307,022 times
Well maybe they can give us fans something to cheer about next year when Citi Field opens http://bestsmileys.com/sad/5.gif (broken link)

Old 05-21-2008, 02:01 PM

Buck Showalter! Should be the Next Met Manager.
Does not take any crap like poor base running. Pays attention to detail and is focused. Unlike this team which plays with their heads up their butts.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJGIANTS View Post
Buck Showalter! Should be the Next Met Manager.
Does not take any crap like poor base running. Pays attention to detail and is focused. Unlike this team which plays with their heads up their butts.
Aj they have the talent they seem to play when they want to and that means these guys need a drill sargeant out there.If willie is going to get fired they should do it soon to salvage the season because it's still early in the season and the mets can make a move.

Old 05-21-2008, 02:50 PM

2,317 posts, read 5,140,012 times
Yes,we need a change to salvage the season and try to forget the last season choke! I still can't believe it!

Old 05-21-2008, 03:53 PM

941 posts, read 2,307,022 times
Bring Bobby V back he can restore this team to it's winning ways

Old 05-22-2008, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.man View Post
Bring Bobby V back he can restore this team to it's winning ways
Would Love that.
Here is some more crap on Willie from a friend of mine:

Besides just being a terrible manager the guy is now a flat out liar.listened to Mike and mad dog today.here is what Willie said

"I thought the comments were off the record"

"I don't really feel that way, it was just two boys/buddies talking casually"

Hmmmmmm
[why does he think the comments are not as wrong just because he didn't think they were on the record.which is an obvious lie from the way he answered anyway..they are still his comments.
he said he had not seen ian oconnor in about 18months..how is that then a conversation with one of the guys?

Here is the biggie..think about this..when are you usually more careful about saying things politically correct.when you are in big meeting, on record, bering interviewed, etc..much like baseball clichés..when are you most at ease and say what you really mean? When you think just you and the boys, buddys, guys you trust are talking right????? Well then they are his feelings and he is trying to say it wasn't racial comments because it was said to a reporter I haven't seen in 18months??? Come on..for gods sake he didntsay the one line.he then started citing specific coaches like isiah and herm..it wasn't done in joking manner..
THE IS NOT ONLY BAD MANAGER, NOW HE IS LIAR AND SCUMBAG..FIRE HIM NOW.

Last edited by AJGIANTS; 05-22-2008 at 08:22 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball