Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 08:40 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,492,660 times

Advertisements

2010 NBA free agency: Sources: LeBron James to announce decision Thursday - ESPN

The King has decided his free agency has not been getting enough attention so has decided to make a special out of his decisions. I kid, I think it's a tad much, but I will certainly be watching....Let the countdown begin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 08:43 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,252,369 times
This special will be in Cleveland right? so that means he's staying with the Cavs.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:50 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,948,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
2010 NBA free agency: Sources: LeBron James to announce decision Thursday - ESPN
The King has decided his free agency has not been getting enough attention so has decided to make a special out of his decisions. I kid, I think it's a tad much, but I will certainly be watching....Let the countdown begin
I hope he signs with the Knicks, but my prediction is that Lebron will sign with the Nets, in 2 years the Nets will be in Brooklyn under their new name (TBD) and Lebron will wear Dr.J's #6 in New York, you heard it here first.

Last edited by chaotix; 07-06-2010 at 09:23 PM..

Old 07-06-2010, 09:00 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,542,767 times
Chris Broussard said the Knicks are still very much alive in this as well as Chicago. ESPN is trying to find out as we speak where the press conference will be held at. At first, they said it was gonna be a hour and i was thinking , bad news for Cleveland, but then it was for the sponsors, marketing, etc. for the Boys Clubs of America, so it was kinda no big deal.

Old 07-06-2010, 11:34 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,585,406 times
A one hour special for an annoucement that takes five minutes? Wow. I really hope LeBron lives up to all this hype. And I don't buy the "charity" angle. LeBron could just write a check and be done with it. This is all about publicity and his ego.

Old 07-07-2010, 12:05 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,393,569 times
Default Whatever happened to the extraordinary and humble superstar?

I will not watch it. There are a million other things that I'd rather do. I think Lebron is overexposed. Can't believe that he would actually have a televised special to announce his decision. He acts as though he transcends this team sport.

I'm not a fan of any athlete who does this type of thing.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:49 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,058,371 times
I have a feeling he's staying with Cleveland. They just stepped in front of Chicago as the front runners.

The Knicks- they have no chance for LeBron anymore, but they did get Amare. I wonder who Chicago will get now that rumors have Bosh possibly going to Cleveland, LeBron possibly in Cleveland, & Wade in Miami.

//www.city-data.com/forum/baske...wist-week.html

^^ Check that out.

Old 07-07-2010, 06:16 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,828,252 times
Don't bother tuning in until 9:59 pm, that's when Ryan Seacrest will be announcing the winner.

Old 07-07-2010, 06:33 AM

219 posts, read 261,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I will not watch it. There are a million other things that I'd rather do.
Like what on a Thursday evening between 6 and 7 PT?

And even if you don't watch, you're gonna wonder.

I agree a one hour special is a bit much, especially because we aren't gonna know until the end. Where this thing is held might give everyone a clue and maybe that will leak out. What are they really gonna talk about in the hour?

The charity thing using sponsor money, etc. is cool. But I thought he was a little more creative than that. He could make a commercial himself and donate some money to the Boys & Girls Clubs to promote awareness or something like that.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:23 AM

531 posts, read 2,899,757 times
I think this is completely ridiculous and foolish and I friggin' cannot wait!

Based on the Wade/Bosh news, his options are Knicks, Nets, Cavs, Bulls. And I'm immediately removing the Nets. So Knicks, Cavs, Bulls.

Knicks Pros:
-It is NY
-He likes the coach
-Great situation w/ the cap in '11 and beyond
-A wealthy owner who is free spending

Knicks Cons:
-Team is not very good, although if he comes they are obviously dramatically better. Wouldn't make them the favorites to win the East or anything but it would be possible
-Constant media attention, some good, some bad

Cavs Pros:
-It is home, familiar, no surprises
-Wouldn't become the "Bad guy", which if he left he would always be the enemy
-New coach, new GM, fresh start

Cavs Cons:
-No indication that this team would be better than last year, and maybe they would be worse
-It's Cleveland
-If he doesn't win there, it's going to become an embarrassment

Bulls Pros:
-Very good team, definitely the favorites if he joins them
-Defense oriented coach
-Big city, but not NY so the media spotlight may not be as bad.

Bulls Cons:
-Jordan's legacy (and yes, this is very real.)
-Cap problems in '11 and beyond
-Untested coach, Lebron doesn't have relationship w/ him
-Poor management
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball