Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 01:33 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
What are you talking about?
Sixers take affront to LeBron’s breakfast analogy - NBA - Yahoo! Sports
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 04:42 PM

990 posts, read 3,186,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
I'm a D-Wade fan and i agree, disgusting unprofessional move by Wade.

He knew the game was over so what was the point in making sure the W was sealed?.

Dwyane Wade's personality has degraded ever since the Heat's 1st Championship, and his demands for foul calls everytime he goes inside the paint are totally silly. It's like he gets a little bump and he's already crying for a foul.
Yes, that was exactly what I was thinking. I have nothing against the Heat, I am a Bulls fan and just happened to catch the final quarter of the Sixers-Heat game. Everybody but D. Wade seemed professional at the conclusion of that game, I don't know why he had to run all the way down court and dunk when the game was already sealed. BTW the dunk wasn't even that great....

Old 04-28-2011, 05:51 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,792,904 times
Preview: I am a sixers fan btw

now on to what I am going to say: Congrats Wade, go do a celebratory dunk, you deserve it. You just beat the somehow .500 sixers in round one of the playoffs and only you could do that. Was your breakfast good?

That was unprofessional of Wade, but while they are celebrating, Shaq is healing and Ray Allen is practicing his 3. I foresee the Heat's lunch giving them some food poisoning.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:54 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,493,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerichoHW View Post
Yes, that was exactly what I was thinking. I have nothing against the Heat, I am a Bulls fan and just happened to catch the final quarter of the Sixers-Heat game. Everybody but D. Wade seemed professional at the conclusion of that game, I don't know why he had to run all the way down court and dunk when the game was already sealed. BTW the dunk wasn't even that great....
I expected LeBron to pull something like that but Wade??? .

Old 04-28-2011, 06:44 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,537,016 times
We have some overly sensitive people here. I think he was more relieved that the series was over , so he happily dunked it. It wasn't like a spiteful dunk towards the Sixers. That was a very good Sixers team and he even said that in his post game interview. He said that the Sixers team got them ready for the Celtics.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:24 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Wade did give Collins an extended post game hug and had what looked like a respectful conversation afterwards.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:16 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,534,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
I'm a D-Wade fan and i agree, disgusting unprofessional move by Wade.

He knew the game was over so what was the point in making sure the W was sealed?.

Dwyane Wade's personality has degraded ever since the Heat's 1st Championship, and his demands for foul calls everytime he goes inside the paint are totally silly. It's like he gets a little bump and he's already crying for a foul.
It was low class....I was shocked he did it, Doug Collins face was like "is this ******* serious" and I noticed Wade rushed over to him when the game ended.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:32 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,925,770 times
Quote:
Just got done watching the Heat-Sixers game, and it was contentious till the end. When it became obvious the Heat had won, and the Sixers layed off to congratulate the victorious Heat, Dwayne Wayne ran to the opposite court and dunked the ball with 0:00 on the clock, the game was already over and that move was just a slap in the face to a team that gave their best and had already began congratulating the Heat. Disgusting...

Agree that rubbed me the wrong way as well. In live time it looked like he had stopped then ran down and dunked - Not the worst thing I have seen but to end the series (which they were by far the better team) it it left me with a bad taste in my mouth. With three seconds left and the Sixers obviously not going to foul it lacked a bit of character.

Something I rarely say - Go Celtics!

Old 04-29-2011, 10:46 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,493,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
It was low class....I was shocked he did it, Doug Collins face was like "is this ******* serious" and I noticed Wade rushed over to him when the game ended.
Exactly, it was a low blow and a unprofessional move by Wade.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:36 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Just got done watching the Heat-Sixers game, and it was contentious till the end. When it became obvious the Heat had won, and the Sixers layed off to congratulate the victorious Heat, Dwayne Wayne ran to the opposite court and dunked the ball with 0:00 on the clock, the game was already over and that move was just a slap in the face to a team that gave their best and had already began congratulating the Heat. Disgusting...
Anyone of the sixers would have done the same thing if in a similar situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball