Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Boston VS Heat
Boston 5 50.00%
Heat 5 50.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 09:21 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,124,091 times

Advertisements

He dislocated it, and it looked painful! I dont know how he came back, but I thought he was done....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2011, 09:46 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I wish I had your confidence

But hey, I don't mind being wrong - lets hope this is one of those times. I just don't think the three reg season games meant much between these two teams, LBJ was out one, Wade the other, and weren't they all close games? Either way, should make an awesome ECF (if it ends up that way, I don't want to bury the Cs or the Hawks yet)
For starters they beat Miami twice at the end of the season when Miami was playing well and ALL thier stars were on the court. The game in Chicago the Bulls didn't shoot well but killed Miami on the boards. Both games were close.

No offense but there are a lot of people around here that discount the bulls because they don't have a consistent high-powered offense.

They are arguably the best defensive and rebounding team in the league and they can win a lot of games ugly.

People just don't respect defense. They might say they do but it is still pretty to score. They don't run the teams on ESPN that hold opponents to low points and crappy shooting percentages....they show highlights and big scoring nights.

I just feel that the Bulls have the mismatch and size to pound Miami (for now).

Old 05-07-2011, 10:02 PM

3,569 posts, read 7,201,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
He dislocated it, and it looked painful! I dont know how he came back, but I thought he was done....
He did amazing.
Stealing, dunking, lay ups, all with one arm

Old 05-08-2011, 04:49 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,708,808 times
Impressed with Rondo's toughness....man when they showed the replay I though 'OH S**T, he's done!!'

Old 05-08-2011, 11:38 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,032,219 times
My observations from last night game

1. Rondo came back to please KG

2. Shaq proved this is his final NBA season

3. Pierce is still the Celtics number 1 option

4. Lebron James doesn't look super next to D-Wade

5. Chris Bosh is not a superstar

6. Big Z should not be playing in the NBA next season

7. Mike Miller and Mike Bibby give the Heat NOTHING

Old 05-08-2011, 02:05 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,464,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
My observations from last night game

1. Rondo came back to please KG
Um, what? Are you serious? That's a very, very strange opinion.

Quote:
2. Shaq proved this is his final NBA season
Yea he looks slow and old. He was posting pics of him and his girlfriend doing gymnastics in their backyard last week...he should have stayed there if this is what we're gonna get from him.

Overall, I was happy with the second half last night. I was buying beer at a liquor store when Rondo went down and neither me or the cashier could take our eyes off the TV. That was scary, scary stuff. However Doc said he expects Rondo to play tomorrow...it'll be interesting to say the least.

In my opinion Game 4 will tell us whether last night was the Celtics' last push to avoid embarrassment, or if the Heat were just playing out of their minds the first two games and the Celtics were caught off guard. Hopefully the Celts keep it going and tie it up.

Old 05-08-2011, 02:21 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
Um, what? Are you serious? That's a very, very strange opinion.

Yea he looks slow and old. He was posting pics of him and his girlfriend doing gymnastics in their backyard last week...he should have stayed there if this is what we're gonna get from him.

Overall, I was happy with the second half last night. I was buying beer at a liquor store when Rondo went down and neither me or the cashier could take our eyes off the TV. That was scary, scary stuff. However Doc said he expects Rondo to play tomorrow...it'll be interesting to say the least.

In my opinion Game 4 will tell us whether last night was the Celtics' last push to avoid embarrassment, or if the Heat were just playing out of their minds the first two games and the Celtics were caught off guard. Hopefully the Celts keep it going and tie it up.

If the Celtics win the next game they will be in the ECF.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:13 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,836,448 times
I'm going with Miami!
(I peeked!) 8)

Old 05-10-2011, 05:25 AM
FBJ

Observations from last night

Don't see the purpose of shaq

Rondo fails to realize playing with one arm puts him at a disadvantae

The heat knew the celtics wanted to go to ray allen on that final play

Lebron knew he had to take over because the rest of the team was focused on Wade

Mike miller continues to steal money

Old 05-10-2011, 01:26 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
For starters they beat Miami twice at the end of the season when Miami was playing well and ALL thier stars were on the court. The game in Chicago the Bulls didn't shoot well but killed Miami on the boards. Both games were close.

No offense but there are a lot of people around here that discount the bulls because they don't have a consistent high-powered offense.

They are arguably the best defensive and rebounding team in the league and they can win a lot of games ugly.

People just don't respect defense. They might say they do but it is still pretty to score. They don't run the teams on ESPN that hold opponents to low points and crappy shooting percentages....they show highlights and big scoring nights.

I just feel that the Bulls have the mismatch and size to pound Miami (for now).
Game 4 of this series wan't a game, IT WAS A WAR. In terms of effort, emotion and defensive intensity both teams REALLY BROUGHT IT. It wasn't necessarily pretty to watch. But damn what a battle of wills.

I think Game 4 was also a back breaker for the Celtics. For a team to play with that much effort and intensity and lose on their home court has got to be tough to take.

Basically they now have to take three games in a row from the Heat with two of those three in MIAMI.

It's NOT going to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball