Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 07:46 PM

990 posts, read 3,186,841 times

Advertisements

Just got done watching the Heat-Sixers game, and it was contentious till the end. When it became obvious the Heat had won, and the Sixers layed off to congratulate the victorious Heat, Dwayne Wayne ran to the opposite court and dunked the ball with 0:00 on the clock, the game was already over and that move was just a slap in the face to a team that gave their best and had already began congratulating the Heat. Disgusting...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 12:31 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,789,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerichoHW View Post
Just got done watching the Heat-Sixers game, and it was contentious till the end. When it became obvious the Heat had won, and the Sixers layed off to congratulate the victorious Heat, Dwayne Wayne ran to the opposite court and dunked the ball with 0:00 on the clock, the game was already over and that move was just a slap in the face to a team that gave their best and had already began congratulating the Heat. Disgusting...
Flipping them hater burgers huh?....It wasn't even like that, the Heat have much respect for Philly after this series and so do our fans...Wade was just putting a cap on the series...I think you're looking for more of a reason to bring more hate to a team that took less money to come together among other sacrifices

Old 04-28-2011, 08:05 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Flipping them hater burgers huh?....It wasn't even like that, the Heat have much respect for Philly after this series and so do our fans...Wade was just putting a cap on the series...I think you're looking for more of a reason to bring more hate to a team that took less money to come together among other sacrifices
Yes, because comparing the Sixers to breakfast is such a respectful thing to do.

Enjoy your fanatic fries.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:36 AM

1,859 posts, read 5,027,563 times
Quote:
His buddy LeJudas is wearing off on him as we all remember some of Shames memorable exits in the 2009 & 2010 playoffs in Orlando & Boston respectively walking off the court as quickly as he could, ripping his jersey off before he hits the tunnel, etc. (at least us Cavs fans do). Just hoping that the Celtics take it to the 2 1/2 chumps and their crew in South Beach so Bronny & Wade can go cry w/Bosh afterwards that their master plan failed in year 1.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:39 AM

8,980 posts, read 17,290,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
Yes, because comparing the Sixers to breakfast is such a respectful thing to do.
What are you talking about?

Old 04-28-2011, 10:05 AM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Take the loss like a man. Sheesh, it's not like the guy punched a pregnant fan in the gut or spit on Phillies coach etc.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:10 AM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye in SC View Post
His buddy LeJudas is wearing off on him as we all remember some of Shames memorable exits in the 2009 & 2010 playoffs in Orlando & Boston respectively walking off the court as quickly as he could, ripping his jersey off before he hits the tunnel, etc. (at least us Cavs fans do). Just hoping that the Celtics take it to the 2 1/2 chumps and their crew in South Beach so Bronny & Wade can go cry w/Bosh afterwards that their master plan failed in year 1.
I doubt the Heat will get past Boston....but would I take a bet that the Heat won't make the finals sometime in the next 3-4 years? Not a chance.

Frankly, I bet Lebron sees the finals before Cleveland has another winning season. Too bad they can't just pay players under the table to get them to come play in Ohio huh?

Old 04-28-2011, 11:50 AM

1,859 posts, read 5,027,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I doubt the Heat will get past Boston....but would I take a bet that the Heat won't make the finals sometime in the next 3-4 years? Not a chance.

Frankly, I bet Lebron sees the finals before Cleveland has another winning season. Too bad they can't just pay players under the table to get them to come play in Ohio huh?
Depends on a lot of things, but yeah, I will be shocked if they don't make a Finals by 2014 too as much as I hate to say it - can only hope LeJudas decides to quit in pivotal games like he did in Game 5 last year vs. the Celtics to prevent it. Boston is clearly at the end of it's run, Orlando might be blown up depending on what Dwight Howard does after next season, the only team currently that will challenge them for the foreseeable future appears to be the Bulls - and possibly the Knicks if Amare & Anthony can gel and they add a piece or two i.e. Chris Paul after next season.

As for the Cavaliers, a lot of it depends about how the ping pong balls bounce in a few weeks, if they get say #1 & #8 which turns into Derrick Williams & Brandon Knight, could be some hope for a winning season in the next couple of years...but if they get #5 & #11 (worst possible scenario for them) w/their 2 lottery picks, unless they find a hidden gem, will take some more time.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:02 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye in SC View Post
can only hope LeJudas decides to quit in pivotal games like he did in Game 5 last year vs. the Celtics to prevent it.
I think he knew he was gone by that point, of course he played it off like he had 'no idea' what he was going to do....

Old 04-28-2011, 12:05 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,493,477 times
I'm a D-Wade fan and i agree, disgusting unprofessional move by Wade.

He knew the game was over so what was the point in making sure the W was sealed?.

Dwyane Wade's personality has degraded ever since the Heat's 1st Championship, and his demands for foul calls everytime he goes inside the paint are totally silly. It's like he gets a little bump and he's already crying for a foul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball