Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 10:37 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,011,512 times

Advertisements

The problem with Lebron is the same problem that the Heat have as a team...there are simply too many Generals on the hill.

They solely depend on individual talent by getting into streaks rather than having true chemistry. It's shocking that they even got this far.

Plus if both Wade and Lebron are having an off night...they both continue to take almost all of the shots in the 4th quarter. No one else is really responsible. It seems like the team sinks and swims with those two going on tangents of scoring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 10:50 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
The problem with Lebron is the same problem that the Heat have as a team...there are simply too many Generals on the hill.

They solely depend on individual talent by getting into streaks rather than having true chemistry. It's shocking that they even got this far.

Plus if both Wade and Lebron are having an off night...they both continue to take almost all of the shots in the 4th quarter. No one else is really responsible. It seems like the team sinks and swims with those two going on tangents of scoring.

I agree and when that happens they have players on the Floor who can't contrbute any scoring

Anthony
Hasleem
Bibby

These are the players who contribute sometimes

Miller
Bibby
Bosh
Chalmers

In order for them to win tonight, all of those players need to be hitting their shots or its over

Old 06-12-2011, 11:04 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,011,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I agree and when that happens they have players on the Floor who can't contrbute any scoring

Anthony
Hasleem
Bibby

These are the players who contribute sometimes

Miller
Bibby
Bosh
Chalmers

In order for them to win tonight, all of those players need to be hitting their shots or its over
Yeah, other than Bosh, Miller seems to be the only one who can convincingly hit long distance 2s and threes.

And not to jump the gun, but it seems like the Mavs have been playing excellent defense in the 4th quarter...especially in the last 2 wins. Perhaps they simply have their number now? From what I can see, they just aren't allowing Wade and Lebron to run all over the paint and do whatever they want. One other key to beating them seems to the Mavs ability to keep them off the line. Wade especially seems to only win when he's constantly getting foul calls. Hell, I'm still pissed from the 06' championship, where refs blew the whistle for anyone that looked at him wrong.

Also...has anyone noticed Jason Kidd has been playing like a wuss lately? Granted he's hit some big shots in the last 2 games, but he seems to dart passes whenever a play is being set up and he has an open shot. I haven't really paid attention to him for the last 5 years or so, but has always played this way late in his career?

Old 06-12-2011, 08:46 PM

531 posts, read 2,899,495 times
I started this thread and I'll answer my own question. He simply does not want to be the man. Can't handle the pressure I'm guessing. Passed the ball all over the court. Couldn't wait to get it out of his hands and pass to someone else. I watched every second of every game this series. Say what you will about double teaming, say what you will about fatigue, say what you will about his stats--he just plays scared on the big stage. I'm in awe of what he can do on the court, but he just can't get it done when it counts. If you watched the games closely, you saw that.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:14 PM

18,023 posts, read 27,468,060 times
What's wrong with LJ?

He didn't deliver... again.

In fact, he was a non-factor in another elimination game.

I feel sorry for Wade and Bosh.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:18 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,535,531 times
Lebum passing the ball like hot potato.....what a choke artist.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:12 PM

418 posts, read 809,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
A tweet by MBerman:

I asked Lebron If he could break a dollar." He said he could only give me 3 quarters."
I told somebody that joke the other day...

Old 06-12-2011, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Lebron has ALWAYS been this way. People are FINALLY starting to notice it. He joined the Heat so Wade could be the money player. Everyone needs to stop comparing him to MJ, its done.

Lebron James = Magic Johnson + Scottie Pippen

Great passer, really good with his hands for his size, and a very good defender

He is scared of clutch shots and doesn't like pressure.

I'm not saying he sucks, I just said hes a combo of two of top 50 and Magic is top 15 IMO but he will never been in the top 10 like everyone wants him to be. He is the best supplemental player in NBA history.
Jordan was a better defender
NBA.com: Regular Season Records: Steals
who's name do you see the most?

Old 06-12-2011, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
Lebum passing the ball like hot potato.....what a choke artist.
Lebrick

Old 06-12-2011, 11:41 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,539,581 times
Check out the comments with the ESPN hosts(Magic, Barry, Wilbon, and Aldridge) after the game. Interesting stuff.

Heat Have Work To Do - ESPN Video - ESPN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball