Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 10:29 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,069,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
i am guessing its going to be between 100 and 130 for the season. now if you're local to "your team" then why spend the money because local teams tend to be shown almost every game, for those of us living in a town other then "our team" league pass is great. not to mention some of us like to watch other teams play as well and league pass lets us catch 99% of every game. $100 for a season of games from every team in the league is still a nice deal even if its not an 82 game season.

i for one will renew my league pass as soon as its available.
Do you understand that it's foolish to charge that much money for the pass when the fans had to wait until Christmas for basketball? You have to give back to your fanbase and not charge no $100 for a partial season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2011, 10:44 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,108,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Do you understand that it's foolish to charge that much money for the pass when the fans had to wait until Christmas for basketball? You have to give back to your fanbase and not charge no $100 for a partial season.
you do realize the regular pass is about $160 for the whole season right? the nba doesnt make money on league pass. i mean how much would you spend to go to a single game in the cheapest seats in the place. houston has some offers of $5 seats and something like $10 for a soda and a hotdog. so thats $15 if you walked there, didnt pay for parking, and only got a single soda and hotdog while sitting in the highest obstructed view seats in the place. i for one would like to SEE the game while enjoying a few frosty brews. i would like to drive myself there and get a decent parking spot. the season tickets to the rockets i gave up a couple years ago where 2 seats 5 rows off the court by the visitor bench at $125 per seat per game or $250 per game not counting gas, parking, food, drinks. do the math, it was upwards of $15,000 a season easy, AND that doesnt even count the away games that i could watch if i was lucky. and on top of that, im a spurs fan living in houston so i only got to watch about 15 games of "my team" either when they played the rockets, or where on national tv.

$100 for league pass even in a short season is well worth it if you care anything for the nba at all. you could always just read the scores on yahoo sports play by play and use your imagination the next time your favorite player (brian scalabrini) dunks the ball on someones head.

Old 11-26-2011, 10:59 AM
FBJ

Quote:
you do realize the regular pass is about $160 for the whole season right? the nba doesnt make money on league pass. i mean how much would you spend to go to a single game in the cheapest seats in the place. houston has some offers of $5 seats and something like $10 for a soda and a hotdog. so thats $15 if you walked there, didnt pay for parking, and only got a single soda and hotdog while sitting in the highest obstructed view seats in the place. i for one would like to SEE the game while enjoying a few frosty brews. i would like to drive myself there and get a decent parking spot. the season tickets to the rockets i gave up a couple years ago where 2 seats 5 rows off the court by the visitor bench at $125 per seat per game or $250 per game not counting gas, parking, food, drinks. do the math, it was upwards of $15,000 a season easy, AND that doesnt even count the away games that i could watch if i was lucky. and on top of that, im a spurs fan living in houston so i only got to watch about 15 games of "my team" either when they played the rockets, or where on national tv.

$100 for league pass even in a short season is well worth it if you care anything for the nba at all. you could always just read the scores on yahoo sports play by play and use your imagination the next time your favorite player (brian scalabrini) dunks the ball on someones head.

The fact that it's a national NBA Game on

Tues-TNT
Wed-ESPN
Thur-TNT
Fri-ESPN
Sun-ABC/ESPN

I just figured they would drop the price. I mean you will still be able to watch a NBA game atleast 5 times during a 7 day week including your local team.

Old 11-26-2011, 11:14 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,108,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The fact that it's a national NBA Game on

Tues-TNT
Wed-ESPN
Thur-TNT
Fri-ESPN
Sun-ABC/ESPN

I just figured they would drop the price. I mean you will still be able to watch a NBA game atleast 5 times during a 7 day week including your local team.
i just counted last seasons national tv games for the spurs. a total of 18 games where televised on national tv including nbatv games. so about 20% of the games not counting preseason. not take into account that the spurs are on national tv more then some of the weaker teams i mean i know there are not a lot of t-wolves fans but how many games do they get on tv? the other factor is that the bulk of the games on tv are only the top teams (most popular not always standings) or teams featuring a player the nba wants to market IM blake griffin or john wall. outside of the nba favorite up and comers there are the lakers/heat (or what ever team lebron is on at the moment)/celtics on all the time.

bottom line is league pass is worth the money at a prorated price and its going to be great to get some NBA GAMES back on my schedule. i mean you can only watch reruns of pawn stars for so long lol.

Old 11-26-2011, 11:15 AM
FBJ

Quote:
i just counted last seasons national tv games for the spurs. a total of 18 games where televised on national tv including nbatv games. so about 20% of the games not counting preseason. not take into account that the spurs are on national tv more then some of the weaker teams i mean i know there are not a lot of t-wolves fans but how many games do they get on tv? the other factor is that the bulk of the games on tv are only the top teams (most popular not always standings) or teams featuring a player the nba wants to market IM blake griffin or john wall. outside of the nba favorite up and comers there are the lakers/heat (or what ever team lebron is on at the moment)/celtics on all the time.

bottom line is league pass is worth the money at a prorated price and its going to be great to get some NBA GAMES back on my schedule. i mean you can only watch reruns of pawn stars for so long lol.
I forgot all about NBATV games lol add that to the list.

Old 11-26-2011, 11:16 AM

1,632 posts, read 484,261 times
Despite a change in the rest of the schedule, Mavs/Heat and Celtics/Knicks will both still play on opening night. Can't wait. I'm ignoring all the details. I'm just glad the NBA will be back. What a Christmas present!

Old 11-26-2011, 11:42 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,899,400 times
Finally... Thank you Santa!!!

Old 11-26-2011, 12:23 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,979,927 times
Yes! Thanksgiving was not the same not being at the arena with the family but since the NBA is back for Christmas, not all is lost.

I'm also happy for those who will get their jobs back.

Old 11-26-2011, 12:25 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
Yes! Thanksgiving was not the same not being at the arena with the family but since the NBA is back for Christmas, not all is lost.
what areana? Indiana?

Old 11-26-2011, 12:58 PM

5,167 posts, read 3,664,154 times
I agree with someone who said earlier that it is just a tentative deal, but still...this is the best news about the NBA we have heard in months!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball