Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 10:08 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,119,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Can we put that loss to the lakers to bed? Or how about the notion that the spurs can't play against teams with solid bigs who rebound well?

Spirs have played 4 games in 5 nights including a B2B2B with 2 games vs lakers and they have averaged 23 point wins. Spurs have won by 91 combined points this week.

Naw. its just a regular season game and the Lakers didnt care, its not going to affect seeding, theres a possibility the Lakers fall to #4, but who cares...

Mavs did dominate the Warriors though!

Old 04-20-2012, 10:12 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
No. its just a regular season game and the Lakers didnt care, its not going to affect seeding, theres a possibility the Lakers fall to #4, but who cares...
Lmao yeah lakers didn't care last time, or the time before either.

So how's your mavs doin slo????

Spurs also have a great chance of winning out on the regular season. That would be a 10 game streak. That would be the 3rd ten+ game streak for the spurs this season. Can't wait till the playoffs!!!!

Old 04-20-2012, 10:50 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,119,808 times
Quote:

Spurs also have a great chance of winning out on the regular season. That would be a 10 game streak. That would be the 3rd ten+ game streak for the spurs this season. Can't wait till the playoffs!!!!

...now that they got rid of the poison that is Lamar Kardashian I think they will be competitive and have a shot to win in the first round. IF, they play well, they can beat anyone, either way this has always been a transition year. They will be going hard after Deron Williams and others....

Old 04-20-2012, 11:15 PM

927 posts, read 1,390,478 times
It's funny how Laker fans apologize and make excuses for yet another sorry, uninspired LA performance against the Spurs. The fact is that even with Bryant in the lineup the Lakers were whipped and beaten in every facet that there is to measure last night by San Antonio and proved that they are not even in the same class as the Spurs. The Lakers also have so much money tied up with the aging Bryant, Gasol and Bynum that it is very unlikeley that they will be able to sign anyone worth mentioning during the offseason. Unless someone like Ramon Sessions is worth mentioning.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:43 PM

278 posts, read 550,499 times
^ someone is still extremely angry at the complete ownage the spurs suffered year after year in the playoffs at the hands of the bryant/shaq lakers, so many years ago.

get over it dude

lol

Old 04-21-2012, 12:59 AM

520 posts, read 731,116 times
Quote:

The Spurs have been doing very well, right now I think they have a slight edge over the Thunder as far as best team in the WC. Tony Parker is a top 5 point guard imo, Tim Duncan is having a comeback year, Manu has been very good off the bench, and their depth is argueably the best out of every team.

I hope the Cavs manage to get a top 5 pick in the draft lottery. It's supposed to be a deep draft and all, but that makes it that much better to have that good of a pick. They also have the Lakers first round pick as well. Also interesting, Carmelo had been playing very well. Stoudemire comes back, than Melo had one of his worst games in a while. I'm not so sure those two can work out being on the same team or not in the long term.

Old 04-21-2012, 05:09 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
It's funny how Laker fans apologize and make excuses for yet another sorry, uninspired LA performance against the Spurs. The fact is that even with Bryant in the lineup the Lakers were whipped and beaten in every facet that there is to measure last night by San Antonio and proved that they are not even in the same class as the Spurs. The Lakers also have so much money tied up with the aging Bryant, Gasol and Bynum that it is very unlikeley that they will be able to sign anyone worth mentioning during the offseason. Unless someone like Ramon Sessions is worth mentioning.
Pot...kettle.

You're the biggest homer in this thread, so not sure why youre casting stones

Old 04-21-2012, 06:05 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 719inhere View Post
The Spurs have been doing very well, right now I think they have a slight edge over the Thunder as far as best team in the WC. Tony Parker is a top 5 point guard imo, Tim Duncan is having a comeback year, Manu has been very good off the bench, and their depth is argueably the best out of every team.

I hope the Cavs manage to get a top 5 pick in the draft lottery. It's supposed to be a deep draft and all, but that makes it that much better to have that good of a pick. They also have the Lakers first round pick as well. Also interesting, Carmelo had been playing very well. Stoudemire comes back, than Melo had one of his worst games in a while. I'm not so sure those two can work out being on the same team or not in the long term.
the biggest change is actually kinda interesting imo. melo had been playing PF in place of amare. he is very effective in that position because he has the size to guard most normal PFs but most of them cant guard him. he is to mobil and pulls them to far out where they dont want to go. think matt bonner but with real skill athleticism and speed. move melo over to the 3 spot when amare comes back and boom he is guarded by people who can and want to stay with him. it doesnt take a defensive stopper to slow him down, it takes a constant effort and thats it.

speaking of stoppers, leonard was great last night. he spent a lot of the night keeping kobe from even getting the ball (best way to defend a guy like kobe) and when he got the ball, he hounded him. got a couple beautiful steals, and played as good an on the ball defense with kobe as anyone, even when kobe shot (with the exception of one play) he was doing all the right things. kobe made some circus shots that he has been making over every great defender for 10+ years. i cant believe some people have actually still complained about the hill for leonard trade.

with tim duncan guarding bynum, andrew is still getting points and shooting a decent% but he is averaging 2.5 turnovers and 4.5 rebounds. his shots are a lot more limited. the splitter/bonner combo played some solid defense on pau as well.

bottom line, that 30 rebound drudging by bynum was more of a fluke game and the spurs do have the bigs to handle teams with elite size.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:03 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
the biggest change is actually kinda interesting imo. melo had been playing PF in place of amare. he is very effective in that position because he has the size to guard most normal PFs but most of them cant guard him. he is to mobil and pulls them to far out where they dont want to go. think matt bonner but with real skill athleticism and speed. move melo over to the 3 spot when amare comes back and boom he is guarded by people who can and want to stay with him. it doesnt take a defensive stopper to slow him down, it takes a constant effort and thats it.

speaking of stoppers, leonard was great last night. he spent a lot of the night keeping kobe from even getting the ball (best way to defend a guy like kobe) and when he got the ball, he hounded him. got a couple beautiful steals, and played as good an on the ball defense with kobe as anyone, even when kobe shot (with the exception of one play) he was doing all the right things. kobe made some circus shots that he has been making over every great defender for 10+ years. i cant believe some people have actually still complained about the hill for leonard trade.

with tim duncan guarding bynum, andrew is still getting points and shooting a decent% but he is averaging 2.5 turnovers and 4.5 rebounds. his shots are a lot more limited. the splitter/bonner combo played some solid defense on pau as well.

bottom line, that 30 rebound drudging by bynum was more of a fluke game and the spurs do have the bigs to handle teams with elite size.
Yeah, it's wierd how people want to count Bynums monster 30 reb. game but last night he had....2....and it never happened or at least doesn't count.

Where are the guys touting sessions as a solid player in the wake of 2/9 shooting for 5 points and 1 assist?

It just seems like we have a lot of Laker fans around here that show up hooting and hollering when things go well and make bold proclamations and then disappear.

I dub it the Laker fan drive-by.

(I know we have some hardcore Laker fans here too, but they understand what I'm saying probably more than anyone.)

Old 04-21-2012, 08:04 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
...now that they got rid of the poison that is Lamar Kardashian I think they will be competitive and have a shot to win in the first round. IF, they play well, they can beat anyone, either way this has always been a transition year. They will be going hard after Deron Williams and others....
You make a good point. I had not realized just how strong the Mavs will be in free agency next year until your comment prompted me to check their salary situation.

HoopsHype - NBA Salaries - Dallas Mavericks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball