Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 07:37 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,223,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
WIZARDS!?

Did you just seriously use the Wizards as your point? Come on now...
so you didn't watch the series?!

guy was just short of murdered during it and was still putting up triple doubles .... that's the point

they knew they were outmatched, so they went to bully tactics .... kind of like the "jordan rules" (you can feel free to look up what that means........)

the series was just short of heat/knicks as far as physical nature - everytime lebron drove to the rim he was put into the seats .... but he kept taking it to them

not a single thing soft about his performance

they met a few years in a row and there was a lot of bad blood

here is a sampling from 2008

Washington Wizards vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Playoffs 2008 - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 07:46 AM

78,414 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
NBA Playoffs 2011: Ranking Kevin Durant and Playoffs' Top 4th-Quarter Players | Bleacher Report

Best playoff stats I could find for you stat nerds. Look, I'd LOVE Howard to get that clutch/leadership gene but he just doesn't have it. there is no way he is staying in Orlando. The Cavs and Magic have has extremely similar roster changes to please their star. Every time they made changes, the team did worse and worse with each season after making the finals.
I still think you didn't watch the playoffs in 2011 and like the other posters are still thinking of 23yo Dwight.

Seriously, punked by Collins?

Old 12-16-2011, 07:48 AM

Quote:
WIZARDS!?

Did you just seriously use the Wizards as your point? Come on now...

And yea, use the series the Magic were suppose to win but lost. Yea, great logic there.
Go look at Lebrons workin in the ECF from 2011. He was BRUTAL to my Bulls...I watched every freaking minute of that series.

Old 12-25-2011, 05:48 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,534,516 times

Old 12-26-2011, 11:25 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,972,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
so you didn't watch the series?!

guy was just short of murdered during it and was still putting up triple doubles .... that's the point

they knew they were outmatched, so they went to bully tactics .... kind of like the "jordan rules" (you can feel free to look up what that means........)

the series was just short of heat/knicks as far as physical nature - everytime lebron drove to the rim he was put into the seats .... but he kept taking it to them

not a single thing soft about his performance

they met a few years in a row and there was a lot of bad blood

here is a sampling from 2008

Washington Wizards vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Playoffs 2008 - YouTube

Doesn't matter. Wizards have sucked since the day I've been breathing.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:06 AM

Perkins with a whopping 6pts and 4 rebounds in 30minutes vs. Dwight.....ooooh you go Kendrick....you dominator you.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:52 PM

Man, you don't know how to read. I said when Howard PLAYS Perkins, he doesn't play as well. I never said Perkins is a better center.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Man, you don't know how to read. I said when Howard PLAYS Perkins, he doesn't play as well. I never said Perkins is a better center.
No, you said he got PUNKED by perkins and Collins.

Quote:
Dude is a monster and he got punked by Perkins and Jason Collins
Stop living in 2009 bro.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:36 AM

Right, back when he was on a better team than now. I watched EVERY possibleplayoff game since I'm a Magic fan living in California, kinda hard to watch them all here. He gets into early foul trouble and misses more of his hook shots against guys who are considered physical centers like Perkins. I can't stand Bnyum but he did a really good job against Howard in the 2009 Finals. Plenty of rebounds, plenty of FT's which is a bad thing for him, and most importantly plenty of personal fouls.

2009 NBA Finals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Click recap in game summaries. I'm sure you'll love all those stats Mathguy.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Right, back when he was on a better team than now. I watched EVERY possibleplayoff game since I'm a Magic fan living in California, kinda hard to watch them all here. He gets into early foul trouble and misses more of his hook shots against guys who are considered physical centers like Perkins. I can't stand Bnyum but he did a really good job against Howard in the 2009 Finals. Plenty of rebounds, plenty of FT's which is a bad thing for him, and most importantly plenty of personal fouls.

2009 NBA Finals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Click recap in game summaries. I'm sure you'll love all those stats Mathguy.
The whole discussion we are having can best be summed up as you talking about 2009 and me talking about 2011.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball