Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 11:57 AM

4,156 posts, read 4,172,880 times

Advertisements

Lin doesn't needs to be starter. He has proven to played really well with the 2nd team. He can be very dangerous with the 2nd team.

Playing with the 2nd team, Lin can always find the open person. They always running. When the offensive team is always running, it will be extremely hard to double.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 03:47 PM

1,191 posts, read 1,584,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Pre-rape trial Kobe? You mean the one who averaged 30 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists and had a streak of nine 40 point games in 2003?

He's not near, or on his way to, anything resembling Kobe Bryant. This is really a laughable comparison.
^^100% Cosign. Lin is the kind of underdog player you like to root for. But he should never in this life or the next be compared to Kobe Bryant. Ever. Lin and Bryant are both basketball players like a Chevy Lumina and a Lamborghini Diablo are both cars.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:46 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,716,733 times
While being well below Michael Jordan, Kobe is the CLOSEST player to Jordan since Jordan retired.

It's disrespect to the Lakers organization to even mention Lin in the same sentence as Kobe.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:06 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,532,954 times
lol...some Knick's fan trolling you guys about Kobe/Lin comparisons...

you can hate espn for too much coverage on lin...no need to hate on lin cause he's legit..whether as a backup or starter, he contributes and will get better down the road.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:52 PM

278 posts, read 550,290 times
unbelievable to me there is so much media coverage and so many posts about this lin 2nd stringer nobody. just wow

(mod edit: Two sentences deleted)

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 04-11-2012 at 08:19 PM..

Old 03-19-2012, 07:48 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,532,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
I agree. Quick to appoint anybody this or that. Give a player a little time and they will always be exposed..

I knew Jeremy Lin was no good. I called it before it happened. You know how I knew...I gave it the good ole' eye test. Plus, I figured in how he played/ for how long/ and against who..

So many people jumped to conclusions that I got embarrissed..

I seen a kid who had a prayer luck jump shot. Couldn't dribble to the left. Had bad timing. Or unsure timing. You know where your dribbling and a man gets open for a brief second, you toss them the easy pass/ dunk whatever. He hesitated too much. Wouldn't make the easy pass and pull back out and go to the next option. which wasn't the best option. You could see that he wasn't really sure of himself. When to pass it when not too. And when he shot the ball, it was a feeling of like, "gee wiz, I hope this kid makes it". It was just too obvious. Painfully obvious for some of us. He doesn't have much toughness either. Every little hit, he is laboring some part of his body. Kind of week if you ask me. And where is this explosiveness that many were talking about. The only thing exploding with him is his quick turn to the bench..I'm not even sure the NBA fits him. He might be better off going back to the D-league..I know alot more talented guys that are not playing in the NBA.

And these comparisons to Kobe are literally the funniest thing I have ever heard when talking basketball...Wow..That's just disrespectful to the max..
Yup the same idiot fans
-Lebum James is the King.....with no Rings
-DWade is OMG better than Kobe...with one Ring
-Devin Harris is OMG KILLER PG...until he got traded twice
-OMG JOE JOHNSON IS AMAZING....LY average
-Blake Griffen..OMG HE CAN....DUNK......

yadda yadda...they know nothing about the game and should be quiet...

Old 03-19-2012, 07:50 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,532,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnyc View Post
Never said he was near Kobe's level but I said he's on his way.

Even (sorry) pre-rape trial Kobe wasn't present day Kobe. Sure he put up numbers but there were still other players outshining him (Jordan) in his early days. After that trial and when Shaq joined LA that really lit a fire under Kobe. Those squabbles with Shaq made Kobe want to prove he was the man, the MVP. Kobe's energy took it to another level.

I say Lin is the same sort of player. Just be patient we'll see.

(Hopefully without any controversy.)

Oh and we're on the same page with the rest of what you said.
You seriously need to stop the drugs....Kobe? Keep Kobe out your mouth...Kobe didn't have 6-8 good games and turn into average. He's been killing it the last 14 seasons including playoffs and championships.

(Mod edit-one sentence deleted)

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 04-11-2012 at 08:20 PM..

Old 03-20-2012, 11:57 AM

900 posts, read 2,372,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
You seriously need to stop the drugs....Kobe? Keep Kobe out your mouth...Kobe didn't have 6-8 good games and turn into average. He's been killing it the last 14 seasons including playoffs and championships.

(Mod edit-sentence deleted)
It takes one person to read a thread wrong and the rest just follow.

Are you people stupid or what?

What I'm trying to get across is the intensity at which both players are willing to play, both will give their all to make plays. What you guys don't understand is that Lin is a ROOKIE!!! He's in the beginning stages of his career, yes career, as the new interim coach agrees that he will stay a starter and he'll teach him as Lin will continue to learn.

What all basketball stars have in common is the willingness to move, to create plays, and play their hardest. This is what I'm trying to get you anti-Lin sayers to realize, he plays with heart unlike some others on the team who selectively play. True stats went down but I blame mostly Anthony's return for that, not only the playing style but I think Anthony probably bullied most on the team to have the ball whenever he wanted it.

Nutty people I'm not saying and I thought I made this clear, I'm not saying Lin and Kobe are equals.

Reading is fundamental, try it.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 04-11-2012 at 08:21 PM..

Old 03-20-2012, 09:32 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,532,954 times
Looks like Lin is getting his second wind again....he was boss again tonight playing the Raptors after being boss against the Pacers the other night. I like the fact that he is a combo guard.

Last edited by JL; 03-20-2012 at 10:43 PM..

Old 03-21-2012, 12:03 PM

78,352 posts, read 60,556,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradyischamp View Post
unbelievable to me there is so much media coverage and so many posts about this lin 2nd stringer nobody. just wow

he is oriental, yao ming retired, espn using overrated undeserving lin to cater to orientals. thanks for the laughs so far, and thanks for the future laughs in advance espn.
Then you must also think they made a movie about Vince Papale and Rudy Ruettiger because they were white.

Seriously, if you can't understand how a D-league 12th man taking a struggling Knicks team on a 7-game win streak with their stars out of the line-up isn't huge news or is only noteworthy because he's asian then I can only shake my head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball