Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 09:43 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,716,119 times

Advertisements

Such an underrated player at times.

18-20-17

WOW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 05:47 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,703,646 times
Yup. He's probably the only point guard in the league that can get that kind of stat-line.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:12 AM

78,345 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Such an underrated player at times.

18-20-17

WOW.
Yeah, he is erratic. Keep in mind he had to shoot 20 times to get 18pts and he played 48minutes vs. a team with meh defense. I didn't watch the game and wonder if Rondo was being fed or deferred to vs. Lin. I'm wondering if the Celts are going for a complete rebuild and are prepping to trade Rondo.

Next time could you link to the box score?
New York Knicks vs. Boston Celtics - Box Score - March 04, 2012 - ESPN

The best part of Rondo which many ignore is that he is defensively the best PG in the league IMO.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Yup. He's probably the only point guard in the league that can get that kind of stat-line.
It's also the team he's playing on. Try to get 17rebs (even in 48min) from the guard slot for the Bulls with their mess of rebounding bigs and mediums.
They outrebounded Indy 60-31 last night.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:27 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,703,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It's also the team he's playing on. Try to get 17rebs (even in 48min) from the guard slot for the Bulls with their mess of rebounding bigs and mediums.
Even with that in mind, it's impressive as hell for a 6'1 guard to grab 17 rebounds. Amare had 13 rebounds, Chandler had 14, Garnett had 10. Pierce and Anthony each had 7. The biggest rebounder was the smallest guy on court, and he managed to contribute 18 points and 20 assists as well. That was a tremendous effort, let's give credit where it's due.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:29 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,716,119 times
Quote:
Yeah, he is erratic. Keep in mind he had to shoot 20 times to get 18pts and he played 48minutes vs. a team with meh defense. I didn't watch the game and wonder if Rondo was being fed or deferred to vs. Lin. I'm wondering if the Celts are going for a complete rebuild and are prepping to trade Rondo.

Next time could you link to the box score?
New York Knicks vs. Boston Celtics - Box Score - March 04, 2012 - ESPN

The best part of Rondo which many ignore is that he is defensively the best PG in the league IMO.
I don't have to link anything if I don't want to.

I love your condescending approach to these forums.

Stats are stats man. Stop trying to take stuff away from Rondo. He still did it against a professional team.

Had this been Jeremy Jin, you would have been estatic.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:31 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,485,947 times
Quote:
Hahaha, irony.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
I don't have to link anything if I don't want to.

Stats are stats man. Stop trying to take stuff away from Rondo. He still did it against a professional team.

Had this been Jeremy Jin, you would have been estatic.
1) No one said you had to, it was a request and makes it easier for all of the NBA fans here.

2) I called Rondo the best defensive PG in the league. I didn't even mention Lin.

3) I point out things that should be fairly obvious and I take things into account like FG%, minutes played etc. in considering just how *epic* a stat line is. I mean, if Joe Johnson puts up 60pts in quadruple OT against the bobcats shooting 35% from the field I'm not exactly going to start ooohing and aaaahing.

Old 03-06-2012, 05:56 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,667,398 times
Quote:
1) No one said you had to, it was a request and makes it easier for all of the NBA fans here.

2) I called Rondo the best defensive PG in the league. I didn't even mention Lin.

3) I point out things that should be fairly obvious and I take things into account like FG%, minutes played etc. in considering just how *epic* a stat line is. I mean, if Joe Johnson puts up 60pts in quadruple OT against the bobcats shooting 35% from the field I'm not exactly going to start ooohing and aaaahing.
I don't think what's impressive is the scoring. As everybody probably knows Rondo is a terrible scorer, he doesn't even make layups forget the tough jumpers people complain about Kobe taking. He doesn't even take shots where he isn't wide open or isn't a layup. The assists and rebounds however are very impressive.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:38 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,084,120 times
Math, the points/fg% are honestly the least impressive and the least relevant to the topic. How many guards have put up 20 assists and 17 rebounds in the same game? Of all those guards, how many where 6'1"? How many where playing against the biggest story in the league while doing it. Hell I think I even read a story that focused more on the Knicks/Lin in that game more then rondos performance. Being on a team of Rebounders is one thing but I don't care if he did it against a 9 other players his size, it's a ridiculous line not attained by many players regardless of time on the court or fg %.

It's not like you to try to throw an * in something like this but not sure why your putting one on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball