Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 06:04 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times

Advertisements

so the bulls lost to the 76ers. 2 years in a row a 1 seed losses to a 8 seed.

now the "excuses" will fly about how rose went out, or deng was hurt, or noah was hurt.

last years the spurs lost to the griz and it was a year of hounding for the loss. will we get that from the bulls.

the situation was similar, best couple of players hurt, playing vs an "inspired" opponent in close games.

IMO the bulls loss to the 76ers is WORSE then the spurs loss to the griz for a couple reasons.

1) the griz where/are a better team then the 76ers
2) the bulls played just as good without rose in the regular season
3) the 76ers where a terrible team down the stretch, while the griz where playing some great ball the last 1/4 of last season.

so will the "double standard" show through? will the bias towards the "young" bulls as opposed to the "old" spurs? or will the bias be towards the "exciting" bulls as opposed to the "boring" spurs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 06:22 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,144,066 times
The Bulls DEFINITELY were not as good with Rose missing. Forget about the offense he provides. someone has to defend him on the other team. That opens it up for other players. I can't guarantee that the Bulls would have won but I liked their chances alot better with Rose in the lineup......and no, I am not a Bulls fan.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:32 AM

78,408 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Rigas, people aren't always fair in their assessment of sports.

The spurs in particular have some heated rivalries and one of them is with a team that has a whole lot of bandwagon casuals.

So frankly, people can say whatever they want about the Bulls because I know what the real situation is and know that next year they will be back in the hunt.....just like the Spurs are back in the hunt this year.

In fact, I had to watch my Bears last fall lose the core of their offense down the stretch which let Detroit sneak into the playoffs....it's been a tough year for sports injuries but we have to suck it up and move on.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:38 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times
I think you are underestimating how important Rose is to the Bulls. So they had a bloated regular season record without him, that means nothing. If you've seen the bulls play to their peak abilities as currently constructed it is almost ALL because of Rose. Sure the team defense is good, but Derrick commands so much attention and still gives them 20+ per night plus 6+ assists. Aside from that he gets other players/teams in foul trouble with his penetration.

I don't know if the bulls get a "pass" but I certainly think its a no brainer they win this series easily with a healthy Rose. So that fact alone makes this not that bad of a loss.

I think you're just bitter people piled on your spurs last year although, honestly, I barely remember people making a big deal about the Spurs losing.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:38 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,801 times
The Bulls have been overrated for the past two years. I didn't understand this until I watched the Bulls-Heat series last year, but that series made it pretty clear that they had limitations, and those limitations were never really addressed adequately. They need a big, dominant low-post guy. I can't think of a team except for the Bulls of the 1990s that win on the strength of guard play. You could argue the Lakers did it too with Bryant, but even in Bryant's case, he didn't win without the size of O'Neal or Gasol and Bynum down low. Jordan was able to win without an athletic big guy, but there's only one MJ, and he had Pippen to pick up the slack when he was covered. The Bulls only have one star; they need two, and Dwight Howard would have been ideal. But the Bulls were not likely to make it to the Finals even with Rose, and without him, they had no chance.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:41 AM

see math, i agree to an extent BUT it isnt so much the fair weather/bandwagon fans but even the media. one of my fav spurs blogs had a video with skip "i cant believe i agreed with him" bayless and a couple other guys (walle? some 2 bit rapper or something, and another guy i never heard of) and they where debating the west playoffs at the beginning of the playoffs. they other 2 guys spent all this time talking baout how the spurs would be lucky to get past the 1st round and would not go anywhere because they where "old", "boring", and because "they lost last year to the 8 seed".

now where will those guys be to talk about the bulls after this season? skip pretty much told them they where crazy lol. (neither guy was a west coast fan)

same blog had a guy chiming in on the thread about how the jazz where going to win in 5-6 because the spurs lost last year. he had the bulls winning it all over the thunder. so he disappeared and has yet to be back. i wonder if he is off in a corner crying his little heart out this morning?????

Old 05-11-2012, 07:46 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
The Bulls ABSOLUTELY get a pass. I know 76ers fans might not want to hear it, but they've got to admit it. A Roseless Bulls team is not the same Bulls. and then Noah went down?

That's like saying the Lakers without Kobe or the Heat without Bron. Rose it Chicago's biggest star and their facilitator.

I'm so bummed too, because i was REALLY looking forward to that Bulls vs Heat Eastern Conference Final...

Old 05-11-2012, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I think you are underestimating how important Rose is to the Bulls. So they had a bloated regular season record without him, that means nothing. If you've seen the bulls play to their peak abilities as currently constructed it is almost ALL because of Rose. Sure the team defense is good, but Derrick commands so much attention and still gives them 20+ per night plus 6+ assists. Aside from that he gets other players/teams in foul trouble with his penetration.

I don't know if the bulls get a "pass" but I certainly think its a no brainer they win this series easily with a healthy Rose. So that fact alone makes this not that bad of a loss.

I think you're just bitter people piled on your spurs last year although, honestly, I barely remember people making a big deal about the Spurs losing.
man you need to go back through the threads, there where like 5-6-8 threads about the spurs losing right here on this board.

the thing that makes me wonder, the bulls SHOULD have beaten the 76ers. i mean the 76ers where easily the worst team in the playoffs this year. the jazz would have decimated the 76ers imo. the griz of last year where BY FAR better then the 76ers. the spurs offense totally relied on manu last year, and tim duncan was injured (ankle/knee) so their injuries easily equal missing rose, and maybe a rose/noah combo. manu with a broken arm in a robot cast on his shooting hand? might as well sit out, thats the same thing.

i wouldnt say im bitter but i would say irritated. you know it doesnt mater if the spurs win this year, there will be more * talk because the shortened season, or the injuries to key players or what ever.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:48 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
The Bulls ABSOLUTELY get a pass. I know 76ers fans might not want to hear it, but they've got to admit it. A Roseless Bulls team is not the same Bulls. and then Noah went down?

That's like saying the Lakers without Kobe or the Heat without Bron. Rose it Chicago's biggest star and their facilitator.

I'm so bummed too, because i was REALLY looking forward to that Bulls vs Heat Eastern Conference Final...
Yeah, it's not even really debatable. I think this thread should be renamed "the spurs didnt get a pass last year so I want BLOOD now that the bulls lost"

Old 05-11-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post

That's like saying the Lakers without Kobe or the Heat without Bron or Spurs with broken manu/duncan. Rose it Chicago's biggest star and their facilitator.

there i finished that thought for you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball