Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 07:51 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,116,640 times

Advertisements

haha yeah, i went back and noticed a lot of people brought up last year's Spurs. you can definitely make that argument as well.

I know injuries are part of the game and you hate to make excuses, but San Antonio with no Timmay and no Manu, well, they're not the Spurs.

Not to take anything away from the 76ers, good for them. I mean, who doesn't like Andre Igoudala? But i'm pretty sure that series would've played out differently if Rose doesn't tear his knee apart...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 05:34 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,052,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
so the bulls lost to the 76ers. 2 years in a row a 1 seed losses to a 8 seed.

now the "excuses" will fly about how rose went out, or deng was hurt, or noah was hurt.

last years the spurs lost to the griz and it was a year of hounding for the loss. will we get that from the bulls.

the situation was similar, best couple of players hurt, playing vs an "inspired" opponent in close games.

IMO the bulls loss to the 76ers is WORSE then the spurs loss to the griz for a couple reasons.

1) the griz where/are a better team then the 76ers
2) the bulls played just as good without rose in the regular season
3) the 76ers where a terrible team down the stretch, while the griz where playing some great ball the last 1/4 of last season.

so will the "double standard" show through? will the bias towards the "young" bulls as opposed to the "old" spurs? or will the bias be towards the "exciting" bulls as opposed to the "boring" spurs?

No they don't get a pass because the Bulls still had a better team than the Sixers which was evident in Game 3 all the way to Game 6. They lost the series because the coach has oatmeal for brains and have no clue on how to make adjustments.

Old 05-12-2012, 05:36 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
The Bulls DEFINITELY were not as good with Rose missing. Forget about the offense he provides. someone has to defend him on the other team. That opens it up for other players. I can't guarantee that the Bulls would have won but I liked their chances alot better with Rose in the lineup......and no, I am not a Bulls fan.
The Bulls were still better than the Sixers without Derrick Rose which was proven in the series.

Old 05-12-2012, 05:39 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
The Bulls ABSOLUTELY get a pass. I know 76ers fans might not want to hear it, but they've got to admit it. A Roseless Bulls team is not the same Bulls. and then Noah went down?

That's like saying the Lakers without Kobe or the Heat without Bron. Rose it Chicago's biggest star and their facilitator.

I'm so bummed too, because i was REALLY looking forward to that Bulls vs Heat Eastern Conference Final...
The Bulls would have gotten a pass from not reaching the Finals but they don't get a pass for losing to a bad sixers team.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:36 AM

But the Bulls without Rose and Noah? That's a pretty big blow to their squad. Rose is their #1 star and point guard, Noah is their #3 star. That would be like the 76ers without Evan Turner and Igoudala. I know injuries are part of the game, but when D.Rose went down, that was a pretty big blow to who the Bulls are and what they do.

Huge win for Philly last night, btw.

Old 05-15-2012, 03:18 PM
FBJ

Quote:
But the Bulls without Rose and Noah? That's a pretty big blow to their squad. Rose is their #1 star and point guard, Noah is their #3 star. That would be like the 76ers without Evan Turner and Igoudala. I know injuries are part of the game, but when D.Rose went down, that was a pretty big blow to who the Bulls are and what they do.

Huge win for Philly last night, btw.

Let me say this one more time

The Bulls without Noah beat the Sixers in Game 5 and had the game won in Game 6. They would have beat the Sixers at home in Game 7 if it wasn't for the stupid point guard CJ watson passing the ball to Asik who was a poor free throw shooter. So no they don't get a pass for losing to the Sixers only if they had lost to the celtics.

Old 05-15-2012, 03:35 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,100,025 times
looks like rose is out 8-12 MONTHS after knee surgery. bulls better hope he comes back better then other guys like deshawn butler from the same/similar injuries. butler was "the next drose' and now he is out of the league.

Old 05-15-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Let me say this one more time

The Bulls without Noah beat the Sixers in Game 5 and had the game won in Game 6. They would have beat the Sixers at home in Game 7 if it wasn't for the stupid point guard CJ watson passing the ball to Asik who was a poor free throw shooter. So no they don't get a pass for losing to the Sixers only if they had lost to the celtics.
Good point you make there, they had the series won. Stupid CJ Watson, i laughed out loud watching that play. lol

Old 05-15-2012, 04:29 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
looks like rose is out 8-12 MONTHS after knee surgery. bulls better hope he comes back better then other guys like deshawn butler from the same/similar injuries. butler was "the next drose' and now he is out of the league.
When he does come back he better change his style his of play

Old 05-15-2012, 04:32 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Good point you make there, they had the series won. Stupid CJ Watson, i laughed out loud watching that play. lol
I always hated stupid basketball players and that idiot should have been smart enough to know that the Bulls didn't need to score from the perimeter anymore since they were ahead. Only the foul line and then defend.

I can't talk about this series anymore because I feel my blood pressure going up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball