Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 12:19 AM

466 posts, read 1,625,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Howard is a princess. He wants to be the center of attention. Have to make him think hes the leader of a championship team.
+1. He was a complainer in Orlando, wanted Van Gundy gone, a complainer in LA, wanted D'Antoni gone, clashed with Kobe. Will we EVER see a happy Howard? This guy gets on my nerves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2013, 04:58 AM

14,673 posts, read 14,635,860 times
The Warriors are also interviewing him next week, and I hope it doesn't happen. I may regret saying this, but let's see how he does in Houston.

Old 06-30-2013, 09:21 AM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,531,629 times
Rockets owner, Les Alexander, will also be the at meeting! Wow! They're really going all out in their sales pitch! Like i said before, it would be a huge disappointment if Howard doesn't sign with them. The clock is ticking.

Old 07-01-2013, 06:54 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,084,836 times
i just dont know who the rockets are going to put around howard at this point. word is they are making asik available and lin is likely to be moved. robinson is gone so they have harden, white, jones, d-mo, parsons, smith and beverly. they are not likely to get as much in return as asik is worth, but maybe some fool team will bite on lin, but his value is low after beverly out played him at then end of the season and playoffs.

i wonder what their sales pitch is, "we have harden, and over achieving parson, and a bunch of money"???

Old 07-01-2013, 07:20 AM

78,352 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKirby View Post
+1. He was a complainer in Orlando, wanted Van Gundy gone, a complainer in LA, wanted D'Antoni gone, clashed with Kobe. Will we EVER see a happy Howard? This guy gets on my nerves.
1. Orlando was a trainwreck. If my team spent all their money on guys like Turkoglu and Gilbert Arenas I'd be upset too. I blame him no more for that than Lebrons frustrations with Cleveland.

2. Kobe clashed with just about everybody on that squad....but that's Dwight's fault.... Maybe we could get Shaq and Gasol to opine on that? Also, once Kobe stopped shooting a million times a game, they started WINNING. Frankly, I take my hat off to Dwight for standing up to Kobe when the rest of the team couldn't if they didn't want to wind up shipped to Cleveland.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
i just dont know who the rockets are going to put around howard at this point. word is they are making asik available and lin is likely to be moved. robinson is gone so they have harden, white, jones, d-mo, parsons, smith and beverly. they are not likely to get as much in return as asik is worth, but maybe some fool team will bite on lin, but his value is low after beverly out played him at then end of the season and playoffs.

i wonder what their sales pitch is, "we have harden, and over achieving parson, and a bunch of money"???
I'm a little confused, why would asik etc. need to be traded? Asik would be worth his weight in gold to a team like Miami in particular.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm a little confused, why would asik etc. need to be traded? Asik would be worth his weight in gold to a team like Miami in particular.
my only guess is they want to get a shot at josh smith or andre iggy along with howard? i have not heard that, just a guess.

its almost as if they are actually trying to get howard and cp3 which is clearly not happening. morey tends to not make any sense to me so head scratcher.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:43 AM

Quote:
my only guess is they want to get a shot at josh smith or andre iggy along with howard? i have not heard that, just a guess.

its almost as if they are actually trying to get howard and cp3 which is clearly not happening. morey tends to not make any sense to me so head scratcher.
I could see asik and Howard getting in each others way and so asik getting moved.

If they want the Lakers to do a sign and trade, how much will they have to give them? 1st rounder?

I don't mean to dog on the Lakers fans so much but you have to admit it's rather hillarious that in the space of 10 months it's gone from "hoist another banner we got Howard" to "it was all Howards fault we don't need him" and "we might miss one year of playoffs so no big deal".

Now that's certainly no ALL of the Laker fans but it's been quite a few and I don't think they realize just how much of a rebuild they are heading towards. There is NOBODY for Kobe to hand the reins too...this is not a Shaq transition...it's going to take years.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I could see asik and Howard getting in each others way and so asik getting moved.

If they want the Lakers to do a sign and trade, how much will they have to give them? 1st rounder?

I don't mean to dog on the Lakers fans so much but you have to admit it's rather hillarious that in the space of 10 months it's gone from "hoist another banner we got Howard" to "it was all Howards fault we don't need him" and "we might miss one year of playoffs so no big deal".

Now that's certainly no ALL of the Laker fans but it's been quite a few and I don't think they realize just how much of a rebuild they are heading towards. There is NOBODY for Kobe to hand the reins too...this is not a Shaq transition...it's going to take years.
these lakers will be LUCKY to be as good as the 91-95 lakers years

Old 07-01-2013, 08:19 AM

Quote:
these lakers will be LUCKY to be as good as the 91-95 lakers years
Yep, bottom 5 record if Dwight leaves assuming Kobe isn't a big factor this season.

That would leave you Nash (for maybe 40-50 games), MWP, GAsol and assorted garbage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball