Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 02:23 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,112 times

Advertisements

How many of you guys are tired of hearing about Kobe and the Lakers?

Old 11-01-2007, 04:55 PM

468 posts, read 1,637,350 times
How many people are sick of Kobe Bryant?

I really dislike him. I don't even think he's that great of a player. Just shoots a ton.

I guess the Bulls had a trade involving him and Luol Deng. But Kobe turned it down because he wants to play with Deng. Ugh.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:19 PM

He is a great basketball player individually but a horrible teammate and team player. He has more drama than a 9 year old girl.

And no team can afford to pick him up without giving up too much and not being able to contend. I don't blame the Bulls for not giving up their young talent for this guy, you need talent around him to win a championship and he'd take up too much of your money making you a one man show.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:40 PM

673 posts, read 3,145,810 times
I dont care for him. Totally overrated as a person. I dont know how his wife still stays with him....well, I guess all the money he spends on her helps!

Old 11-02-2007, 10:13 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
He's a great player and a product of his generation.

Old 11-02-2007, 10:53 AM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Kobe is no doubt a wicked player and I don't care if he scores 110 points a game. I hate his face and I hope he loses. If he's playing in the NBA Allstar game or the Olympics, I wish him well and hope he contributes.

I'm not even sure why I hate him. Whenever he talks, I throw up in my mouth a little bit.

Heck yes, I'm sick of him. I could care less about the Lakers too. I just see him as a locker room cancer. It's people like him that make me sick of basketball in general.

Here, take the Should Kobe Stay with the Lakers or be traded Poll:
Blue-Kobe should stay
Red-Kobe should just die

Old 11-02-2007, 11:53 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nl2134 View Post
How many people are sick of Kobe Bryant?

I really dislike him. I don't even think he's that great of a player. Just shoots a ton.

I guess the Bulls had a trade involving him and Luol Deng. But Kobe turned it down because he wants to play with Deng. Ugh.
No, the Bulls had trade talks but the Lakers wanted Luol Deng plus Ben Gordon and another guy or so and the Bulls laughed and walked away.

I've followed the NBA for a long time and Kobe Bryant is the best guard in the NBA right now. He shoots a ton but he also plays very good defense etc.

I think Kobe is mainly just frustrated at his situation....which he helped contribute to. In fairness though, his criticisms of Shaq at that time were absolutely correct.

I'd be willing to trade for him as the Bulls but not willing to GUT a young team to add him. I'd give up Ben Gordon and some draft picks....maybe another player like Duhon etc. but not Deng.

Old 11-03-2007, 06:54 PM

325 posts, read 1,077,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
How many of you guys are tired of hearing about Kobe and the Lakers?
X......doesn't seem like we agree on a whole lot, but let me tell you this is DEFINATELY one that we can agree on. Kobe Bryant is the biggest jerk in the history of the NBA. He ran Shaq out of LA because he is a selfish idiot. Guess how that worked out.....the Diesel got another ring. He wants to do everything by himself. He wants all of the spotlight well he has his chance and what did he do with it. Score a lot and win a little. Now he is tired of losing all of the time so he demands that the Lakers bring some more talent in......PLEASE!!!! What a moron. I hate his guts. I for one happen to like the direction that the Bulls are going and I dont want that cancerous idiot anywhere near it.

Old 11-04-2007, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspolamalu View Post
X......doesn't seem like we agree on a whole lot, but let me tell you this is DEFINATELY one that we can agree on. Kobe Bryant is the biggest jerk in the history of the NBA. He ran Shaq out of LA because he is a selfish idiot. Guess how that worked out.....the Diesel got another ring. He wants to do everything by himself. He wants all of the spotlight well he has his chance and what did he do with it. Score a lot and win a little. Now he is tired of losing all of the time so he demands that the Lakers bring some more talent in......PLEASE!!!! What a moron. I hate his guts. I for one happen to like the direction that the Bulls are going and I dont want that cancerous idiot anywhere near it.

Princess, I can not believe it!! You and I actually agree on something!! This is a sign, don't you think!! Cheers.

Old 11-04-2007, 08:30 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Kobe v Shaq was a while ago and I think Kobe has matured some since then.
Additionally, alot of his comments about Shaq were actually quite accurate.
If you watched Shaq the year after he left for Miami he showed up at training camp about 40lbs lighter and hungry to prove something. In LA he'd gotten bored, complacent, whatever but he was not playing to his level there.

I would give up Gordon and like Duhon, picks etc. for Kobe.

I've not heard anything negative about Kobe as a teamate other than the Shaq thing and he certainly has a big work ethic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball