Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 07:35 PM

2,198 posts, read 2,733,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonMartinNY View Post
Thomas Robinson is beast. He makes up for what they lack. And Parsons isn't going anywhere.
He's a good defender and rebounder, but the Heat aren't trading Bosh for a raw 22-year old project during the middle of their championship runs. And the Rockets aren't look for much in return for him anyway, they just want to unload his contract.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2013, 10:42 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,389,774 times
Bosh has butter fingers

Old 06-23-2013, 06:18 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,001,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Country! View Post
After Krause blew up the Bulls 97-98 Championship team, Riley said the Bulls made a mistake in breaking it up. He said at the time "I would milk it for every last drop until the team lost defending their championship" paraphrasing a bit here, but the main point is Riley would milk it until the team lost and then break it up if no longer a contender for the championship. Just based on Riley's comments about the 97-98 Bulls team, I think he keeps the Big 3, if you still wanna call it that with Bosh , and make another run until they can no longer contend for the championship. But, who knows what's gonna happen with the luxury tax these days.

There's the rumor of Bosh's house is for sale and after game 6 Bosh berating fair weather fans leaving early in game 6, telling the media these fair weather fans should just stay home. I don't blame Bosh for saying those things, but as a player, I don't think it was appropriate.Those comments aren't the kind of comments players should be making, it just creates more controversy for the player.
“For all those guys who left, don’t come back for Game 7,” Bosh told reporters.
“You never give up,” he said. “People gave up on us, and they can stay where they are and watch the game at home.”

Who knows what Bosh heard through the grapevine about trade rumors, making him reactionary towards the fans as well.
You're thinking way too much into it.

1. The house: it is for sale for legal reasons to do with his child support
2. He did tell the fans who actually LEFT to stay home and I agree with him. It wasn't the majority of the fans, it wasn't a lot of fans it was a small percentage which I agree with him stay home.
3. The heat just went to three finals in a row, and won two with Bosh. Why in the world do you trade your third best player who has helped take your team so far the last 3 years.
4. Riley said his biggest mistake was after the Heat won the 2006 finals he kept the same exact team. The team was not motivated at all and had a lackluster season. He won't keep this team exactly the same but Bosh isn't going anywhere unless its an offer that can't be refused.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:32 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,703,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
4. Riley said his biggest mistake was after the Heat won the 2006 finals he kept the same exact team. The team was not motivated at all and had a lackluster season. He won't keep this team exactly the same but Bosh isn't going anywhere unless its an offer that can't be refused.
That team got derailed by injury too. Wade, in particular, was having a banner season until he suffered a major shoulder injury half-way through the year.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:24 PM

551 posts, read 1,121,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneOnegin View Post
He's a good defender and rebounder, but the Heat aren't trading Bosh for a raw 22-year old project during the middle of their championship runs. And the Rockets aren't look for much in return for him anyway, they just want to unload his contract.
Well Bosh is getting over payed according to the situation he's in. I dont see what more he has over Robinson but the outside shot. Its not about the name its about being reasonable. It would be messed up to get rid of him though, they all have something special (miami). Robinson will do the dirty work while improving with this quality organization, i really like him for miami. Please watch, this dude gets nasty you clearly dont know who this is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NrgVOjiNUA

Big,strong, athletic,quick, and gets physical. Miami needs that. I confused him for a smaller position at times, he's a damn rare PF he's so quick.

Last edited by AstonMartinNY; 06-24-2013 at 08:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball