Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Chicago Bulls 2013-2014 Record
Below .500 2 12.50%
41-49 Wins 3 18.75%
50-59 Wins 9 56.25%
60-69 Wins 2 12.50%
70+ Wins 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 02:51 PM

2,754 posts, read 7,430,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Even with all that yelling and screaming emotion, home court advantage, and LeBron's off night, the Bulls had to go into overtime to win this one after losing a big lead. I'm not a fan of Noah's screaming and over-the-top emotional outbursts. About as bad a Nate Robinson or that Big Baby slobbering spit in the middle of the Boston Gardens in the series with the Lakers a few years back. Uncalled for and classless.

Bulls don't have the champion pedigree. They work like hell screaming and yelling to eek out an overtime win, at home, against a Heat team whose star was having an off night. LeBron still recovering from that broken nose.

I'd still take the Heat in a 7-game series.
Still recovering from a broken nose? He scored 61 the other night. That is a terrible excuse. Off night? You sure it wasn't the #1 defense in the NBA?

Say what you will about Noah. There's very few, if any at all, centers who can step out and guard Lebron 1 on 1 and do a decent job. Even though he/they didn't stop him every time, (who can?) they limited Lebron's scoring. The whole team played good defense. Hustle and energy are exciting to watch and Chicagoans love it. I'm sure you'd say the same rubbish about screaming and yelling regarding a one Dennis Rodman, who btw is in the HOF.

Sure, they're not a champion caliber team at this point, I agree. Who said they were right now? They're semi-rebuilding for the future with the moves they made this season and are planning to make.
Miami sure seemed to have trouble with them.
It won't be so easy for Miami to get that 3rd straight ring the way the East looks right now. Hopefully for Lebron, Ray Allen is on his game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveYOU2 View Post
Sign Mello.

Noah = Top 5 Center
Mello = Top 5 Forward
Rose = Could return to being Top 5 PG
European PF is coming

Bench is ok, add a few more pieces. Championship.
Not sure if I want Melo on the Bulls or how they could pull that off given the cap space

Though Melo might consider staying in NY, depending on what happens with Phil Jackson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2014, 06:14 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,498,060 times
Quote:
Even with all that yelling and screaming emotion, home court advantage, and LeBron's off night, the Bulls had to go into overtime to win this one after losing a big lead. I'm not a fan of Noah's screaming and over-the-top emotional outbursts. About as bad a Nate Robinson or that Big Baby slobbering spit in the middle of the Boston Gardens in the series with the Lakers a few years back. Uncalled for and classless.

Bulls don't have the champion pedigree. They work like hell screaming and yelling to eek out an overtime win, at home, against a Heat team whose star was having an off night. LeBron still recovering from that broken nose.

Bold statement that you'd take the heat in a series.

Most people in Chicago weren't fans of Noah at one point. But he wins people over when you realize it's not an act, and he just really cares that much. I'm really glad to have him on DA bulls.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARFALICIOUS View Post
Sure, they're not a champion caliber team at this point, I agree. Who said they were right now?
See thread title

Old 03-10-2014, 10:21 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,462,232 times
Quote:

you aren't a true basketball fan if you didn't enjoy that game. lebron did have an off night in part to butlers suffocating defense. no one said the bulls are better than the heat. how bout the fact that the heat lost to a rose and deng less chicago bulls?

Old 03-11-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
See thread title
Haha. That was with Rose presumably healthy.

Quote:
Bold statement that you'd take the heat in a series.

Most people in Chicago weren't fans of Noah at one point. But he wins people over when you realize it's not an act, and he just really cares that much. I'm really glad to have him on DA bulls.
I think most fans have been skeptical of picks, but when they play great defense or that kind of intensity, how can most Bulls fans not like him!

Old 03-12-2014, 12:27 AM

Narf - I get it with the thread title... When you put yourself out there with a thread title and/or post at any time it's on record due to internet afterlife. Sometimes we are wrong - you should go check out the Russell Wilson thread in the NFL forum...I might have been the most wrong in INTERNET HISTORY....lol

So quick Q for bulls fans that care to answer... My bro and I got into a debate recently about the Bulls drafts. He contends that Thibbs turns the picks into good NBA players with his coaching. I do not disagree that Thibbs coaches them up, butttt I want to give *some* credit to Garpax for picking the right guys....? I do not expect anyone to put actual tangible percentages to this, but do you guys think that the organization drafts well - or do you think it's more Thibbs making the most of what he has?

Clearly it's a combo of both, but if you put them in a cage match, who wins? Who should get more credit?

Old 03-12-2014, 12:57 AM

818 posts, read 857,969 times
How far do these guys go in the playoffs do you think? If they started tomorrow our first round opponent would be Washington.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishfan77 View Post
How far do these guys go in the playoffs do you think? If they started tomorrow our first round opponent would be Washington.
They will destroy anyone not named the Heat or the Pacers.

Pacers they will challenge. I actually think they'd have a shot vs them. Still dogs no doubt, but I'd say they'd be like 35% to beat Indy. I gurantee Indy fans don't want to see the Bulls 2nd round.

The Heat... idk. They'd probably mimic last year and steal an early game but ultimatelly succumb to Lebrons, Lebroness and lose in 5-6 games.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Narf - I get it with the thread title... When you put yourself out there with a thread title and/or post at any time it's on record due to internet afterlife. Sometimes we are wrong - you should go check out the Russell Wilson thread in the NFL forum...I might have been the most wrong in INTERNET HISTORY....lol

So quick Q for bulls fans that care to answer... My bro and I got into a debate recently about the Bulls drafts. He contends that Thibbs turns the picks into good NBA players with his coaching. I do not disagree that Thibbs coaches them up, butttt I want to give *some* credit to Garpax for picking the right guys....? I do not expect anyone to put actual tangible percentages to this, but do you guys think that the organization drafts well - or do you think it's more Thibbs making the most of what he has?

Clearly it's a combo of both, but if you put them in a cage match, who wins? Who should get more credit?
If you're talking the long run, it's the front office.

Paxson has been there since 2003ish which we all know about and while I didn't know who Gar was until he got promoted around 2009, he was with the Bulls as a scout and director of player personnel throughout the 2000s.

Noah, Deng, and Rose, these were winning type players drafted by the front office. With the type of players they were and the programs they came out of, they'd have been as good as they were regardless.

But the 2004 Bulls rookie class was great. You could argue that Skiles helped that team in a way that Thibs also could have. But drafting Duhon in the 2nd round and picking up Andres Nocioni undrafted? Brilliant in retrospect. That team was exciting.

Hinrich - plays better on defensive teams like Skiles and Thibs
Butler, Taj, Snell - Would be decent players on other teams but I think they are better defensively because of Thibs.

I don't know. I think Thibs is a good coach who can get the most out of mostly any player. Look how well John Lucas, CJ Watson, and Brewer did.
But then you look at 08-09, they brought in Miller and Salmons mid-season and nearly beat the Celtics? Hey the Bulls probably would've beat the Celtics with Thibs, but it was the decision to acquire those guys that made it possible.

The front office has done a great job re-tooling the team since 2004 after either realizing they aren't good enough or losing players to injury/free agency.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:43 PM

Bulls just dominated a good Houston team tonight. Noah almost had another triple double, only one assist short. As is, I fully expect them to pass Toronto for the #3 spot within a week. In case you are wondering, their record would have them 10th place in the west...haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball