Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Chicago Bulls 2013-2014 Record
Below .500 2 12.50%
41-49 Wins 3 18.75%
50-59 Wins 9 56.25%
60-69 Wins 2 12.50%
70+ Wins 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 11:47 AM

2,754 posts, read 7,426,540 times

Advertisements

13pts 3 ast in first preseason game back for D-Rose. Not bad.

What record will they end up with?
How far will they go? Can they beat Miami? Can they beat Indiana?
Will butler live up to his expectations? Stats? Most Improved this year?
Trade predictions?

And which Bulls games would be the best for me to attend this year (home and away) ?

My guess is 68-14 but I'm being optimistic
let's say 62-20 at worst.
2nd seed in the East, 1st round win, 2nd round game 7 win against the 3rd seed Pacers and game 6 win in Chicago against the 1st seed Heat in the Eastern Conference Finals.
And in the Finals...WHO KNOWS! 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 03:43 PM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
I figure 60-62 wins and 1 or 2 seed.

I think they need a little more playoff experience to get past Miami, but it's possible.

We will have to wait and see about Indy, a lot of people extrapolate how good they might be based upon how they played the heat last year in the playoffs but the reality is that they match up very well against the Heat and not nearly as well against Chicago.

It is certainly not *crazy talk* that the Bulls could win a championship this year, but personally I think it's more likely in another 2-3 years.

Old 10-08-2013, 01:59 PM

2,663 posts, read 4,847,800 times
I think 55-60 wins.

I also think they will make it to the finals and win in 6.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:01 PM

Kirk Hinrich must stay heathly. He's a big piece for bulls to beat the Heat.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbuskidd92 View Post
Kirk Hinrich must stay heathly. He's a big piece for bulls to beat the Heat.
With Butlers development and Rose back, they should be able to use heinrich more sparingly during the season.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:51 AM

2,563 posts, read 6,062,220 times
50-59

How far will they go?
Depending on injuries and seeding to the Semis, Conference, or Finals. If Pacers are seeded with the Heat and manage to beat the Heat then Chicago takes the East. If Chicago has to face the Heat at any time then Heat knocks them out.

Can they beat Miami?
Depending on injuries, yes potentially, but not likely.

Can they beat Indiana?
No, Miami got passed thanks to our perimeter shooting. The Bulls don't have that - if Bulls and Pacers meet in the playoffs I think it will go Pacers.

Yes, not going to guess, and no

Trade predictions?
No clue

And which Bulls games would be the best for me to attend this year (home and away)?
Most hostile game will be against the Heat after last season. But go with whatever other team you like watching and can afford to see.

Last edited by EndersDrift; 10-09-2013 at 09:32 AM..

Old 10-09-2013, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
50-59

How far will they go?
Depending on injuries and seeding to the Semis, Conference, or Finals. If Pacers are seeded with the Heat and manage to beat the Heat then Chicago takes the East. If Chicago has to face the Heat at any time then Heat knocks them out.

Can they beat Miami?
Depending on injuries, yes potentially, but not likely.

Can they beat Indiana?
No, Miami got passed thanks to our perimeter shooting. The Bulls don't have that - if Bulls and Pacers meet in the playoffs I think it will go Pacers.
Yes, not going to guess, and no

Trade predictions?
No clue

And which Bulls games would be the best for me to attend this year (home and away)?
Most hostile game will be against the Heat after last season. But go with whatever other team you like watching and can afford to see.
I'm confused by the underlined sections. Am I misreading or are those contradictory.

Indy's problem is that the Bulls have one of the bigger, tougher defensive interiors in the league and won't be as successful in the paint as they were against Miami. Bulls went 1-3 against Indy last year in fairly competitive games, without Rose.

Well, at least you aren't claiming the Bulls are no threat whatsoever like some of the other Indy fans that have decided it's time to start trash talking.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:27 AM

2,563 posts, read 6,062,220 times
I really need to drink more coffee before posting! I'd love to say what I meant but I don't even know anymore and the more stats and things I consider the less I know.

Pacers / Heat / Bulls are all neck and neck. I think Bulls and Heat will have the better standing in the regular season but that the Pacers could very well take the post season. Bulls are missing perimeter shooting and what little they had last year out of Nate Robinson got traded to Denver. Heat lost Miller so we'll have to see how someone else steps up in the big moments. Pacers on the other hand only got stronger.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:16 PM

NBA Greatest Game Winners: Toni Kukoc vs Indiana (1994) - YouTube

The Pacers always been a joke to the Bulls.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:40 PM

2,754 posts, read 7,426,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndersDrift View Post
I really need to drink more coffee before posting! I'd love to say what I meant but I don't even know anymore and the more stats and things I consider the less I know.

Pacers / Heat / Bulls are all neck and neck. I think Bulls and Heat will have the better standing in the regular season but that the Pacers could very well take the post season. Bulls are missing perimeter shooting and what little they had last year out of Nate Robinson got traded to Denver. Heat lost Miller so we'll have to see how someone else steps up in the big moments. Pacers on the other hand only got stronger.
Hinrich, Butler, Deng, and Marco were decent perimeter shooters last year...

This year it's those first 3 plus Dunleavy and Snell...

I think they have decent shooting, but lacked more of an offense last year without a slasher and playmaker like Rose who could set up the open shots and the right plays...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbuskidd92 View Post

NBA Greatest Game Winners: Toni Kukoc vs Indiana (1994) - YouTube

The Pacers always been a joke to the Bulls.
I wouldn't say so...The Bulls' legacy was almost cut short in '98 in game 7
But great video. I love Reggie's cocky attitude. Too bad it was too soon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball