Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2014, 05:24 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I see Toronto is balling but dont know who they have and get to watch them tonight for the 1st time vs Orlando on NBATV at 7pm
I'm not dogging on the raps, they were good last year.

It's just going to be really hard to judge where they are until the season progresses and they play some more good teams.

As it stands their best win is vs. Washington and after that Atlanta (3-3).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2014, 07:21 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,387,163 times
lol Derrick Rose saying he is worried about his health after his "career" (whatever career that is I have no idea) is over. Sounds fishy to me. His character is totally coming into question at this point. Sounds to me like he just wants to get his millions for doing absolutely nothing.

Old 11-12-2014, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
lol Derrick Rose saying he is worried about his health after his "career" (whatever career that is I have no idea) is over. Sounds fishy to me. His character is totally coming into question at this point. Sounds to me like he just wants to get his millions for doing absolutely nothing.
Not sure why you have such a boner to go after Rose.

It's not like he's had problems with "hangnails" or "owie boo-boos".

Really, explain in detail how his character is coming into question after fighting back from pretty terrible injuries?

Old 11-12-2014, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Not sure why you have such a boner to go after Rose.

It's not like he's had problems with "hangnails" or "owie boo-boos".

Really, explain in detail how his character is coming into question after fighting back from pretty terrible injuries?
Listen to Stephen A. and Skip right now on ESPN. They are saying exactly what I'm saying.

Everything about this guy is flat out questionable at this point.

Old 11-12-2014, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Listen to Stephen A. and Skip right now on ESPN. They are saying exactly what I'm saying.

Everything about this guy is flat out questionable at this point.

Those two are jackasses that are constantly stirring the pot.

They are to sports journalism what Breitbart is to accurate political assessments.

Old 11-12-2014, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Those two are jackasses that are constantly stirring the pot.

They are to sports journalism what Breitbart is to accurate political assessments.
I knew you would say that.

They aren't the only ones. All of the sports world is talking about it and the bottom line is his statement is alarming.

Old 11-12-2014, 12:54 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,082,768 times
No one is questioning the 2 major injuries but when guys were playing with sprained ankles and Nate Robinson throwing up on the bench and Rose sits out because of a sprained ankle and then started talking about post basketball life that's what makes you go

He's making it sound like basketball players lose their health like football players do.

True or not, it gives the impression that the guy has no heart and only cares about the $95 million the Bulls are spending on him.

Old 11-12-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
I knew you would say that.

They aren't the only ones. All of the sports world is talking about it and the bottom line is his statement is alarming.
.....and Lebron has no heart and will never win a ring.

Chris Paul is not a superstar? lol.

Aw those two troll so well don't they?

Last edited by Mathguy; 11-12-2014 at 01:31 PM..

Old 11-12-2014, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
No one is questioning the 2 major injuries but when guys were playing with sprained ankles and Nate Robinson throwing up on the bench and Rose sits out because of a sprained ankle and then started talking about post basketball life that's what makes you go

He's making it sound like basketball players lose their health like football players do.

True or not, it gives the impression that the guy has no heart and only cares about the $95 million the Bulls are spending on him.
It wasn't game 7 of the playoffs, I'm happy to see him sit out and come back slowly from the injuries that have plagued him. Especially because the Bulls can win 50 games this season without him (easily).

The whole "no heart" thing gets thrown around a lot by people that generally are just trying to stir the pot.

If Thibs was playing him partially hurt in meaningless regular season match-ups he'd be getting crucified by the same guys like Smith and Bayless. Their show is garbage and what they lack in terms of basketball insight (and that's a lot) they make up for in hyperbole and name calling.

Old 11-12-2014, 03:20 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
Rose gets criticized but what about those players that sit at the end of the year because of various 'injuries '? Should we question their hearts too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball