Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 01:00 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,393,569 times

Advertisements

Mark my words, the Warriors not make the playoffs in 2014-15.
Mark my words, Derrick Rose will have another season-ending injury in 2014-15.
Mark my words, Kobe Bryant will have another season-ending injury in 2014-15.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2014, 09:50 AM

3,121 posts, read 3,098,001 times
Mark my words, Jabari Parker will register less than 50 assists this season.

Old 11-03-2014, 02:09 PM

14,683 posts, read 14,659,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I respect your boldness, and will enjoy bringing this one back in May.

Old 11-03-2014, 02:12 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,097,111 times
Quote:
They're 3-0...

That is pretty bold. Out of curiosity, who do you have sneaking in that wasn't last season?

Quote:
I'd like to see the Warriors fall flat on their face because of how they treated Mark Jackson, and miss the playoffs.
I just saw this from another thread. I, too, felt Jackson was mistreated and I can't stand the Warriors' clueless new owner, Peter Guber (perfect name for what he is). I miss the days when Warriors fans would boo him at halftime so badly that ex-players would have to come onto the court and plead with the fans to stop.

As a Cavs fan, I was hoping they would have hired Jackson instead of Blatt, but it wasn't meant to be.

That being said, I can't see the Warriors not meshing a little better than last season. There's a lot of critical young players on the team that are only improving.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:59 PM

14,683 posts, read 14,659,278 times
Jax was a 9-5er; I respect what he did during his time in Oakland, especially with turning around the defense, but he was personally as invested in his ministry as his coaching. Plus there were players who were disgruntled with his offensive schemes (or lack thereof) even if others genuinely loved his style. I can't fault ownership for wanting to go in a new direction, at a critical point when they should be contending for a championship. Now if they had lost out on Kerr, I might be more pissed off...

Old 11-03-2014, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llowllevellowll View Post
They're 3-0...

That is pretty bold. Out of curiosity, who do you have sneaking in that wasn't last season?

I just saw this from another thread. I, too, felt Jackson was mistreated and I can't stand the Warriors' clueless new owner, Peter Guber (perfect name for what he is). I miss the days when Warriors fans would boo him at halftime so badly that ex-players would have to come onto the court and plead with the fans to stop.

As a Cavs fan, I was hoping they would have hired Jackson instead of Blatt, but it wasn't meant to be.

That being said, I can't see the Warriors not meshing a little better than last season. There's a lot of critical young players on the team that are only improving.
I haven't thought that far ahead yet. I'm still celebrating the Giants' WS win, and wrapped up in the NFL season. I'm especially shocked by the implosion that's going on with the Niners now with Harbaugh's job surprisingly on the line.

I don't put much weight in the early season records. I expect Bogut to get injured as usual and be unavailable for much of the season. I think Iguodala will get hurt as well, like usual. Curry will wear down over the season, likely get hurt as well. Injuries are going to derail this team, and as the other teams begin to get better, Warrior's players who many expect to produce, will falter down the stretch. As a coach, Kerr hasn't earned my respect, and I have no faith in the judgment of the minds who drive this team, especially in showing the idiocy to get rid of Mark Jackson after what Jackson did for this team.

Old 11-03-2014, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I respect your boldness, and will enjoy bringing this one back in May.
Something to look forward too, eh?

Old 11-07-2014, 05:38 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
Mark my words; the Clippers will not get to the finals. He has hexed himself by sticking his nose into politics and getting an 18 page monstrosity of a gun control law passed in Washington state. Plus he has been exposed as a cheat.
With Ballmer’s aid, elite school pushed limits of prep-sports rules | Local News | The Seattle Times

This is a guy with great hubris, and as the ancient Greeks taught us, hubris always portends calamity.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:43 PM

4,667 posts, read 3,866,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Mark my words, the Bucks will win at least twice as many games (15 wins last season) this 14-15 NBA Season.

I was going to say 38 wins & make the playoffs, but that's really pushing it.
All-star break coming up, & Bucks already met my prediction of getting twice as many wins as last season. I should have made a bolder prediction.

Old 02-25-2015, 12:04 AM

6,507 posts, read 7,543,265 times
Quote:
Mark my words, Derrick Rose will have another season-ending injury in 2014-15.
Mark my words, Kobe Bryant will have another season-ending injury in 2014-15.
So far you have got two right. I highly doubt the Warriors will miss the playoffs however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball