Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2016, 12:55 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,128,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
I think you guys are undervaluing Love. Just because the team played well last night doesnt really mean anything. He couldve just as easily been a part of that game.
Let's see if the Cavs let Love pass the, cough, concussion protocol, cough, in time for Game 4.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 12:55 PM

3,396 posts, read 2,803,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
I think you guys are undervaluing Love. Just because the team played well last night doesnt really mean anything. He couldve just as easily been a part of that game.
I Agree it could happened just as easily, but this team needs a back to basket shot blocker more than another stretch 4.

He's a good player with a tendency to have a great performance now and then on the right team.

Old 06-09-2016, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
I Agree it could happened just as easily, but this team needs a back to basket shot blocker more than another stretch 4.

He's a good player with a tendency to have a great performance now and then on the right team.
Yeah, I agree ... that's why Frye isn't being used much at all after all that ballyhoo about surrounding LBJ with shooters. It seems Lue is realizing that defense wins championships.

Old 06-09-2016, 01:29 PM

2,286 posts, read 2,006,686 times
I think Love should come off the bench. I didn't really like their style the first two games of kicking it out to him for a three that may or may not go in. I'd rather have his shooting off the bench than someone like Delly though. It's not like a bench player can't have an impact. Just look at Iguodala.

Did the Cavs really not include him in the team photo last year?

Old 06-09-2016, 01:42 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,137,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Yeah, I agree ... that's why Frye isn't being used much at all after all that ballyhoo about surrounding LBJ with shooters. It seems Lue is realizing that defense wins championships.
True but it is a question of 'what kind of defense.' More and more the NBA is going for perimeter defense which makes sense with all the 3 point shooting these days, especially against a team like the Warriors. But sometimes I crave more rim protection and defensive rebounding than what these small units provide.

In the old days, especially late in a tight playoff game, it was terrible to fail to clear a defensive board. Nowadays it happens all the time because you have no bigs to box out and board plus the 3 point shots are more likely to be long rebounds.

I think undersized bigs like Draymond and Lebron will be coveted by every team because they can protect the rim, rebound and defend the perimeter while also doing it all on offense.

It'll be interesting to see if big-man basketball can ever win another championship.

Old 06-09-2016, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
True but it is a question of 'what kind of defense.' More and more the NBA is going for perimeter defense which makes sense with all the 3 point shooting these days, especially against a team like the Warriors. But sometimes I crave more rim protection and defensive rebounding than what these small units provide.

In the old days, especially late in a tight playoff game, it was terrible to fail to clear a defensive board. Nowadays it happens all the time because you have no bigs to box out and board plus the 3 point shots are more likely to be long rebounds.

I think undersized bigs like Draymond and Lebron will be coveted by every team because they can protect the rim, rebound and defend the perimeter while also doing it all on offense.

It'll be interesting to see if big-man basketball can ever win another championship.
It depends on your defensive strategy (which depends on your team makeup). If you're going to be switching all the time (like GS) you might not want a big lumbering rim-defender guy out there trying to guard the perimeter. I think GS has not only shown how smallball can work offensively and, unfortunately, how smallball can be defended (if you have the right talent/size players).

Old 06-09-2016, 02:46 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,392,204 times
At least the Cavaliers won yesterday. If they want to win the NBA Finals they need to step it up and stop playing sloppy offense and defense.

Old 06-09-2016, 03:22 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,118,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post

Yeah, and maybe this is a match up he needs a different role on.

Old 06-09-2016, 04:35 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,535,626 times
I didn't see the game, but noticed in boxscore that Curry and Klay didn't go off. Did the Cavs continue to make other Warrior players beat them by doubling and forcing Curry/Klay to pass the ball for the most part like they did in games 1 and 2?

Also, it looks like JR Smith was hot. He might not get hot like that again...lol...dude is a chucker.

Old 06-09-2016, 05:12 PM

10,555 posts, read 7,750,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Also, it looks like JR Smith was hot. He might not get hot like that again...lol...dude is a chucker.
Paul Pierce called it, before tip off. He predicted JR would have a big game, and that the Cavs would win by double digits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball