Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 12:50 AM

12,547 posts, read 10,010,799 times

Advertisements

So if arguably the best all around player EVER can't be compared with MJ due to his Finals record and often dismal performances - do we have any young players on the horizon? Anthony Davis maybe? Wiggins? Someone on the radar that's yet to play in the NBA?

Lebron was probably the most hyped player in history coming out of HS - I'm wondering if the next challenger will cause a frenzy or if it'll be a somewhat off the radar guy like Kobe (drafted 13th/took a few years to develop). Many of the current crop just seem too old/flawed at this point...Harden, Westbrook, Durant, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2016, 10:07 AM

3,092 posts, read 4,993,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
So if arguably the best all around player EVER can't be compared with MJ due to his Finals record and often dismal performances - do we have any young players on the horizon? Anthony Davis maybe? Wiggins? Someone on the radar that's yet to play in the NBA?

Lebron was probably the most hyped player in history coming out of HS - I'm wondering if the next challenger will cause a frenzy or if it'll be a somewhat off the radar guy like Kobe (drafted 13th/took a few years to develop). Many of the current crop just seem too old/flawed at this point...Harden, Westbrook, Durant, etc.
Of the players in the league right now, I think KAT will be the bell cow of the league after the current crop of superstars decline. Idk about Jordan comparisons though since he isn't a guard.

Kawhi could also slip into the number one spot for a bit. He turns 25 this month. Which means, baring injuries, he will be right in his prime as Curry, Durant, Westbrook, et al are well into their 30s. I expect that Russ in particular is going to fall off a steep cliff once he starts to decline physically a little.

Old 06-06-2016, 03:44 PM

1,564 posts, read 1,685,175 times
LeBron Career has took a turn for the worse.

He'll be remembered by teaming up with other Hall of Famers in his prime to chase rings.Curry with another ring will already Tie LeBron in titles and he'll do it without having to form Big 3 Super Teams.Change that Jersey number back to 6 Lebron.He's a top 5 talent of all time but top 10 or 12 when it's all said & done.

Guys who are locked in
1)Jordan
2)Magic
3)Russell
4)Kareem
5)Kobe
6)Wilt
7)Shaq
8)Bird
9)Duncan
10)Hakeem

Lebron & Curry can battle for Hakeem spot because everyone else is locked in that top 10 for Good.

Old 06-06-2016, 11:16 PM

33,547 posts, read 12,786,051 times
Neither. I agree with a comment that came out of ESPN in 1999 (IIRC)...that 'Magic is the only player for whom it can be argued that he was better than Jordan'. Even with Russell leading the Celtics to 11 Championships, MJ and Magic are the two best players to ever grace a basketball court. When I think of the 20 best payers of all time, 12 immediately come to mind as no brainers...and each of the 12 has been on every list of the top 20 I've seen in recent years....in no particular order than by 'primary team'...Russell, Bird, Kobe, Jerry West, Shaq, Jabbar, Chamberlain, Magic, Tim Duncan, Jordan, Karl Malone, and Lebron. If the Warriors win this year, 2-3 more championships after that and more personal accomplishments might put Curry in the top 12. I love what is happening now. I've been a Warriors and Lakers fan since I was a little kid.

Thinking of others that might be in a current top 20 of all time.....Dr J, Moses Malone, Hakeem, Oscar Robertson, George Mikan, Isiah, Elgin Baylor....counting now after no more names popped into my head, that's 19 total. If the Warriors win this year, and Curry has at least 2 more 'Curry-like' games, definitely knocking on the door of the top 20, if not there.

Others are on other top 20 lists, but via history or watching them play, didn't make as much of an impression on me.

Old 06-08-2016, 06:19 AM

3,025 posts, read 2,288,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarog View Post
No. He's the best shooter, not the best player. He also disappears way too often in the playoffs. It's really surprising to me how many people actually believe he's a better player than Lebron.
If you are talking all time no he is not a better player but right now he definity is a better player. If he wins a Championship that is 2 Championships and 2 MVPs the last 2 years that is more then enough to be best player in the league.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball