Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 06:58 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,244,782 times

Advertisements

How is it not the Warriors? Last June and the addition of Durant should give away the answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 06:59 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,750,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
How is it not the Warriors? Last June and the addition of Durant should give away the answer.
It's definitely the warriors.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:48 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Pressure is clearly on GSW.

They were supposed to be a dynasty and then collapsed last year.

With the addition of one of the top 5 players in the league they are SUPPOSED to win just like last year.

Cleveland coasted this year plain and simple, anyone selling them short is smoking some good stuff.

I'm looking forward to some pretty exciting series in the west and then the finals.

Perhaps Boston could make some noise, would love that as it would make the east worth watching.

Old 04-14-2017, 06:20 PM

1,887 posts, read 1,443,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsaeed View Post
At the end of the day the IMO the Cavs aren't a better team than the were last year regardless if they added the pieces they did who have yet to prove their worth(Deron Williams, Derrick Williams, Korver). The Cavs have just as much pressure and expectations of the Dubs if not more because they're the defending champs and have King James.

The Cavs don't have much pressure because most of your analysts and fans have the Celtics and the Raptors knocking out the Cavs in the East. Plus, almost everybody has give GSW the NBA title and making them a dynasty. Nobody is expecting the Cavs to repeat, everybody is expecting the Warriors to win it all. They got KD, come off a historic Finals loss and won 73 games last season. If they don't win it all with KD, it'll be the biggest disappointment in sports.

Old 04-14-2017, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
The Cavs don't have much pressure because most of your analysts and fans have the Celtics and the Raptors knocking out the Cavs in the East. Plus, almost everybody has give GSW the NBA title and making them a dynasty. Nobody is expecting the Cavs to repeat, everybody is expecting the Warriors to win it all. They got KD, come off a historic Finals loss and won 73 games last season. If they don't win it all with KD, it'll be the biggest disappointment in sports.
Yup I saw Jeff Van Gundy comments this morning about how no team will beat GS in this year's playoffs because they don't have the fire power on offense.

Old 04-14-2017, 07:50 PM

3,397 posts, read 2,804,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Continental View Post
"...but 2015" Kyrie and Love both played better last season than one before. Kyrie had an amazing finals, but who's say the same would've happened year before. The Warriors still won in 6 games in a series where despite being on losing team, there was still argument for Lebron as Finals MVP. While 2016 it took more injuries and a suspension for the Cavs to win by a basket. Oh and "the block" wasn't exactly impressive when Iggy was injured. That's not to say the Warriors still shouldn't have pulled off the win, but minus a couple small differences they would've.
Kyrie had a great game 1 in 2015 and played well in that year. I wouldn't expect anything less in the games to follow IF he played

Old 04-14-2017, 08:22 PM

1,887 posts, read 1,443,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Yup I saw Jeff Van Gundy comments this morning about how no team will beat GS in this year's playoffs because they don't have the fire power on offense.
I really don't care for Jeff Van Gundy he comes off as an idiot a lot of times. I saw what he said the Warriors aren't a lock to make The Finals. Plus, they have 3 great offensive players and a great defensive player I still don't trust their bench.

Old 04-14-2017, 08:33 PM

Quote:
I really don't care for Jeff Van Gundy he comes off as an idiot a lot of times. I saw what he said the Warriors aren't a lock to make The Finals. Plus, they have 3 great offensive players and a great defensive player I still don't trust their bench.
When you are a team that live and die by the three, i feel winning the title is never a lock.

Old 04-14-2017, 08:44 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times
This shouldn't even be a question. Only comparable pressure the Cavs have to the Warriors winning the title is for the Cavs to reach the Finals. In other words it would be as big a failure for the Cavs to not reach the Finals as it would be for the Warriors to not win it.

Old 04-15-2017, 09:31 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
The Cavs don't have much pressure because most of your analysts and fans have the Celtics and the Raptors knocking out the Cavs in the East.
I call BS on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball