Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 10:38 AM

149 posts, read 113,530 times

Advertisements

In my opinion Lebron is more comparable to Magic Johnson than Micheal Jordan.

Magic lost 4 out of 9 finals and he's considered one of the best ever as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2017, 10:42 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
I don't think a player qualifies to be the best ever if they jumped ship twice to join other stars. He will definitely be in the top ten when he is all done but being the best ever is unfortunately out of lebron's reach
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
No it isn't, we just sensationalized, memorialized, and deified Jordan to such an extraordinary magnitude that we placed these parameters on "GOAT" that were not applicable before he came along...

And I'm not saying Lebron will end up #1, just that he can. The rest of his career will tell it out...

He's never leaving Cleveland again. The only scenario I could imagine is him as a 20-year vet, playing 15-20 mins/game, Cleveland is in the tank of The League, and he signs a 1-yr deal with a contender to try to get one more. I'd put that likelihood at 30% give or take, but the most likely scenario is him staying put, by far. The Cavs are going to have to reload their bench for sure by getting younger, but as long as he can play close to an elite level, they have a good core to continue building around for 2-3 seasons. Start of next season, Love will be 29, Thompson 26, Kyrie 25. Even if LeBron declines, it's more likely to be gradual rather than a complete falling off a cliff. The window to win can stand a one or even two year drop from say #1 in the East to maybe a #4-5, if they reshuffle the roster with young skill around The Other Three and Lebron, and those three continue to develop...

Of course, this is all predicated on Lebron. For all we know he's Tom Brady and he can still play at the level he's currently playing for the next 7 years. If he can, that's a scary thought for the NBA and he's in good position to double his ring count and match Jordan by Year 20---if he's Tom Brady and maintains this level of play for the long haul...

We'll see, but he ain't leaving Cleveland...
Jordan was a much flashier player to go along with his stats/winning. LeBron is much more powerful and in your face. I don't think changing teams is an issue, as LeBron is just that good. I've watched them both play in their prime, and honestly feel LeBron is Michael's equal at the same points in their careers.

Old 05-24-2017, 01:48 PM

5,825 posts, read 5,632,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I've watched them both play in their prime, and honestly feel LeBron is Michael's equal at the same points in their careers.
Man, don't say that too loud, or you're gonna get assaulted in here. According to 99% of the forumers on City-Data Basketball, Lebron James is not even close to Jordan and only those of us who were too young to see Michael can believe they are of comparable overall skill...

(My parents are 52 and 49 years old, basketball fans who also watched Jordan's entire career, who also believe Lebron is as good as Jordan, the big differentiator being accomplishments--rings)...

My Dad has several times told me about watching Arkansas upset the Tar Heels in 1984 with that Reed game winner. My dad is from Little Rock and was 18-19 at the time, and watched Jordan and the the Heels have their morning shootaround at a local high school that morning. He saw Jordan's entire career, from college on...there is still a large block of fans, that watched Jordan play, who have the image of Jordan as forever untouchable, but it isn't all of them. At 52 years old, my dad certainly doesn't fit the narrative of "young kids who don't know basketball" who think Lebron is at least comparable to Jordan. He's probably older than most of the guys who post on here lol...

Old 05-24-2017, 02:22 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,617,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCkidd View Post
In my opinion Lebron is more comparable to Magic Johnson than Micheal Jordan.

Magic lost 4 out of 9 finals and he's considered one of the best ever as well.
That's a pretty good comparison. And Magic was on a stacked team from the day he entered the league and most his career.

And I'm not sure, but how good was the West back then in the 80's? Was it more comparable to today's Eastern Conference? Seems like most of the good teams in the 80's were in the Eastern Conference. So that would be another similarity between Magic and Lebron's career.

Old 05-24-2017, 05:16 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,750,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe25 View Post
LeBron was going against a super team ? Lol

He's the one that handpicked his teams since 2011.

Another Finals loss isn't the end because the Cavs will be back again next year due to how weak the East is,

And don't see no eastern team as a threat next season either so I agree with you about the cavs being in the Finals next season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball