Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where will LeBron play next season?
Cleveland 11 18.64%
Philadelphia 7 11.86%
Los Angeles 23 38.98%
Houston 5 8.47%
San Antonio 6 10.17%
Other 7 11.86%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 07:51 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,349,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc17 View Post
That's good news for Magic as GM. Easily LA's biggest acquisition in over 20 years. I don't see them yielding results with the Houston+GSW iron curtain in the way.
Yeah, with Bron signing with the Lakers, at least we now know once and for all he has finally given up chasing rings and championships, thank you Lord Jesus!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2018, 07:52 PM

9,766 posts, read 7,487,391 times
I can't wait until he knocks that airhead Lavar Ball out! How long until Lavar says something stupid like "LeBron doesn't pass the ball enough??" 10 games??

Old 07-01-2018, 07:53 PM

10,647 posts, read 16,045,285 times
As a LeBron fan from the first minute this news came as a shock, even more so than when he left for Miami.
Not the fact that he's leaving Cleveland but that he's joining one of the if not the largest franchise in basketball history. What does this add to his legacy? He wil won't play long enough there that Lakers fans would put him in the same category as Magic, Kareem, Kobe etc.
I'm disappointed, i rather had him go to a underdog and put them on the map.

Old 07-01-2018, 08:09 PM

1,672 posts, read 1,252,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Yeah, with Bron signing with the Lakers, at least we now know once and for all he has finally given up chasing rings and championships, thank you Lord Jesus!
The Lakers are in the business of winning rings, and they have the league superstar. They can afford to attract more role players, and they can afford to make a deal with the Spurs for Kawhi. I wouldn't say Lebron's done yet, although choosing the Lakers meant winning isn't the top priority for him. But he might be in for a rude awakening for West Conference competition.

I feel bad for CP3. Now he has another contending WC team to worry about. He could retire ringless, thanks to the wasted years at the other LA. Despite zero resistance from the East now.

And it's seriously time to order the playoffs according to record.

Old 07-01-2018, 08:16 PM

9,766 posts, read 7,487,391 times
IF the Lakers are able to trade for Leonard than I agree the Lakers could come out of the West, however, the Lakers as constructed right now at this moment are clearly a notch below the Rockets & Warriors, who are still the favorites to come out of the West.

Old 07-01-2018, 08:18 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,349,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc17 View Post
The Lakers are in the business of winning rings, and they have the league superstar. They can afford to attract more role players, and they can afford to make a deal with the Spurs for Kawhi. I wouldn't say Lebron's done yet, although choosing the Lakers meant winning isn't the top priority for him. But he might be in for a rude awakening for West Conference competition.
All very true, I just don't see LeBron winning a championship in LA over the next 4 years (unless they sign Durant in 2 years!). He's there to build up his entertainment empire, and try and become a multi-billionaire!

Last edited by cjseliga; 07-01-2018 at 08:29 PM..

Old 07-01-2018, 08:20 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,374,090 times
LeBron James joining Los Angeles Lakers on 4-year, $153.3 million deal

Now the question becomes, who will the Lakers get to help him? Their current roster is actually worse than the Cavs, IMO. I don't think the Spurs will trade Leonard to the Lakers. Who else is out there?

I'm surprised it's a four year deal. I figured that if he did this, it would be 1 year so that he could re-launch the effort to create a super team next year.

Old 07-01-2018, 08:25 PM

14,690 posts, read 14,665,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I'm surprised it's a four year deal. I figured that if he did this, it would be 1 year so that he could re-launch the effort to create a super team next year.
He did say from the outset this decision would not be basketball-based. Championships must be secondary now to his son finishing high school in LA and, like you said, all his non-basketball related ventures.
The one year deals in Cleveland might also have been indicative of how little he trusted Dan Gilbert to form a decent roster (for good reason).

Old 07-01-2018, 09:16 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,946,599 times
Projected starting lineup with James and Leonard has Wagner at center, Pope at SG and Ball at PG. Not sure if I see that lineup competing against Curry, Klay, Dray, Durant.

Old 07-01-2018, 09:22 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,977,109 times
Live look at the state of the Eastern Conference right now after the departure of the Beast of the East:

LeBron is an awesome teammate, practically gifted the East to young Kyrie Irving and the Boston Celtics. Today also marks the best single day in Toronto Raptors franchise history. Also, earlier in the thread when I told you that it'll be either the Lakers or the Cavaliers, I was right. He wasn't going to up and move to some random team in some random city.

Pretty much all of the best top players in the NBA are now in the West and all 10 of the NBA MVP recipients of the last 10 years now reside in the West. As do all of the NBA best teams (other than the Celtics of course). Sucks for the television network that has to cover the East next year (I think TNT), they get the short end of the stick. I mean, they basically have for the last 20 years but now without LeBron its almost a total cesspool.

LeBron follows in a long line of historically great NBA superstars that have made the migration from East to West such as Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and Shaquille O'Neal. All migrating from the Eastern Conference to the Western Conference (and all of them to the Lakers, no less).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball