Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where will LeBron play next season?
Cleveland 11 18.64%
Philadelphia 7 11.86%
Los Angeles 23 38.98%
Houston 5 8.47%
San Antonio 6 10.17%
Other 7 11.86%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 12:08 PM

1,888 posts, read 1,444,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Not a chance. Even shaq’s son didn’t get on the McDonald’s all-American team.

It’s rare that children live up to the hype of their parents. Why would they need to? They’re already rich
All I was saying is that there's gonna be some hype with LeBron's son due to LeBron's impending free agency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2018, 12:47 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,616,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
IMO, I say it's gonna be a combo of basketball and family. As you said it's about where will his family be the most happy. They could be happy living in Ohio (yes, there are people that are happy to live in Ohio despite what you and the rest of the world thinks lol) or they could be happy living in L.A. Plus, if it was all about lifestyle, business and glamour then he wouldn't have went back to Cleveland. He would've stayed in Miami or went to another big market city.

On the flip side, would LeBron wanna play in the shadows of Kobe, Shaq, Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Baylor, West and Wilt? If he doesn't bring another title to L.A., the Laker fans will dog him because that's what you guys expect. Some fans out there feel the Lakers are entitled to an NBA title. The two teams that LeBron has played for in his career, the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Miami Heat, didn't have the history that the Lakers have, so he wasn't in anyone's shadow. He created his own history with those franchises, especially with the Cavs and he'll most likely will be associated with the Cavs when his career is all said and done. Where does your sister live in Ohio?

Columbus, I've been there a few times, also to Canton to see the Pro football HOF.

True, with the Lakers it is championship or bust, but as of late, it has been big time busts!! Is that a challenge LeBron might take?? I would if I were him.

As for him going back to Cleveland, that was a basketball decision, he had unfinished business for his (kinda) home town team. That business is finished, he won them a championship.

Old 06-13-2018, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Columbus, I've been there a few times, also to Canton to see the Pro football HOF.

True, with the Lakers it is championship or bust, but as of late, it has been big time busts!! Is that a challenge LeBron might take?? I would if I were him.

As for him going back to Cleveland, that was a basketball decision, he had unfinished business for his (kinda) home town team. That business is finished, he won them a championship.
But, also his family wanted to go back there at that time so it wasn't just a basketball decision. Even though, the Lakers have been crappy the last few years, those players still have to play in the shadows of those former Laker legends. What challenge would LeBron be taking? If he wins a title in L.A., it would just add more to the Lakers already storied history. Now, if the Lakers weren't the status that they are and they had been crappy for years then it would be a challenge, but the Lakers have ran decades winning at least 3-5 titles in certain decades (i.e. 1980s Showtime Lakers and 2000s Shaq and Kobe and 2009 and 2010 with Kobe and Gasol).

Winning a title in Cleveland when he came back was a challenge because no one thought that no one would ever win in Cleveland. The Cavs had never won a championship in their franchise history. Plus, he was trying to end an epic sports title drought that no other city had to endure. Even winning at one title in Miami was challenging because he teamed up with two other stars on that team.

Old 06-13-2018, 02:02 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,616,600 times
Just heard that LeBron's wife has told LeBron, that her wishes are either LA or Cleveland.

Old 06-13-2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
Believe what you want, it was all over LA sports news last night. Don't think they would mention it without confirmation. I am just the messenger from what I saw and heard from very credible news outlets.

School officials wont admit it, and were probably told not to admit it!! That would be the smart thing to do if I were LeBron.
Oh and I forgot to mention this, L.A., one of the most flashy cities in the world, is gonna be quiet about a famous athlete's kid playing at their school? No. L.A. isn't going to start being modest all of sudden now that LeBron's kid is involved. L.A. or California never misses the opportunity to be seen in the spotlight.

Old 06-13-2018, 02:30 PM

2,348 posts, read 1,396,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
He’s a front-runner, so I expect to Philadelphia.
I voted Philly, just don’t see him leaving the Eastern Conference. But if he can get another star to go with him it’s L.A.

Old 06-13-2018, 03:04 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,300,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
I wonder, will Lebron get any "credit" from the public/critics for going to a team like the Lakers where everyone seems to be in agreement that it isn't the best basketball/championship/ready-made scenario? It won't be a super-team, it'll be a challenge for sure.
I am a big Lebron fan but I think he goes there only if they bring in others where they challenge the Warriors. Today rumors coming out that Paul George wants to stay in OC, and Pop will try to work things out with Kyrie Leonard. Now some talk that Magic may take a shot at bringing in Kevin Durant, or Anthony Davis. All rumor of course, but in the end I doubt Lebron goes to LA unless he feels they can put a team together to take down the Warriors, or Rockets for that matter.

Old 06-14-2018, 12:04 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,127,813 times
I put down the Lakers in the poll, but that is based on family considerations. I know he wants to be around his family, and to watch his son play high school ball. Lebron owns a home in the area, and that is the reason for my guess.
On the other hand, he clearly is obsessed with winning as many titles as MJ. Lebron has legacy on his mind, and in order to fulfill his compulsion, the Lakers probably would not be the route to take.
Houston would be the choice but they would have to ditch a ton of salaries …...even if they do make for him how would chemistry be with Harden, Paul, and Lebron?
I think a team who would zoom to the top with Lebron would be the 76ers. They are loaded with talent, and the Lebron playing besides Simmons and Embid…..yikes.
Go to Philly Lebron......I have no horse in this race being from Milwaukee, but having him in Philadelphia with that boatload of talent would be fascinating.

Old 06-14-2018, 04:26 AM

167 posts, read 125,708 times
sign and trade to Boston for Kyrie

Old 06-14-2018, 05:32 AM

17,314 posts, read 22,056,580 times
I'm pretty sure he is ready for North Korea with Rodman!

In reality, I really could care less but atleast teams now know just because he is in your jersey it doesn't automatically mean you get the ring at the end of the year!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball