Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many regular season wins for the lakers in 2018-19?
35-40 11 18.03%
40-45 15 24.59%
45-50 16 26.23%
50-55 15 24.59%
55-60 2 3.28%
60+ 2 3.28%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 09:11 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
What's this I read about Carmelo could be done in Houston?
Off-topic, but not a surprise. I’m shocked they signed him with all his demands about not being a bench/role player.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2018, 09:20 AM

78,414 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Lakers at 7-6 with a soft stretch in their schedule coming up. Should get people riled up if they get up to 12-8, but there will be a tough stretch to let some air out after that.

Looks like they're coming together ahead of schedule and playoff talk is not *crazy* given how the bottom seems to have fallen out of the West in terms of how the Pelicans, Jazz and especially Houston have started out.

Old 11-12-2018, 10:13 AM

32,104 posts, read 34,720,210 times
Lonzo is probably one of the best young talents we've seen in the past 20 years. If you exclude all of his missed 3s, he's shooting 100% for the season.

Old 11-12-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Lonzo is probably one of the best young talents we've seen in the past 20 years. If you exclude all of his missed 3s, he's shooting 100% for the season.
I think I'm missing an inside joke here.

Old 11-13-2018, 11:11 AM

10,758 posts, read 4,346,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Lakers at 7-6 with a soft stretch in their schedule coming up. Should get people riled up if they get up to 12-8, but there will be a tough stretch to let some air out after that.

Looks like they're coming together ahead of schedule and playoff talk is not *crazy* given how the bottom seems to have fallen out of the West in terms of how the Pelicans, Jazz and especially Houston have started out.
They beat Atlanta by 1 point @LA, meaning they could lose all their 'soft stretch' games.

Old 11-13-2018, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
They beat Atlanta by 1 point @LA, meaning they could lose all their 'soft stretch' games.
They could win all their remaining games this year.

I could win the lottery.

Lebron could quit the Lakers tomorrow to take up interpretive dance.

Old 11-13-2018, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I think I'm missing an inside joke here.
To be clear, I don't mean to dump on Lonzo here. He seems okay to me. It's simply that I don't get people who say things like "Lonzo is a good player, Fultz is not" or "Lonzo is a HOFer in the making" or "Lonzo is the future of the NBA." I can't really think of any player in recent memory other than Lebron that was crowned as a basketball god without having accomplished anything in the NBA. And at least Lebron was good from his very first NBA game. Lonzo has been putrid.

If Lonzo becomes a good player, then I will acknowledge that. But I don't see any reason to treat him any different than any other high 1st Round pick who's yet to prove himself. All lottery picks have the potential to be great. How does potential make him special? You're either good or you're not and right now he's not.

Old 11-13-2018, 05:10 PM

Quote:
To be clear, I don't mean to dump on Lonzo here. He seems okay to me. It's simply that I don't get people who say things like "Lonzo is a good player, Fultz is not" or "Lonzo is a HOFer in the making" or "Lonzo is the future of the NBA." I can't really think of any player in recent memory other than Lebron that was crowned as a basketball god without having accomplished anything in the NBA. And at least Lebron was good from his very first NBA game. Lonzo has been putrid.

If Lonzo becomes a good player, then I will acknowledge that. But I don't see any reason to treat him any different than any other high 1st Round pick who's yet to prove himself. All lottery picks have the potential to be great. How does potential make him special? You're either good or you're not and right now he's not.
I 100% agree with you.

Time will tell if he will be Kyrie Irving.....or Dion Waiters.

Old 11-15-2018, 11:08 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,811 times
Quote:

People say that about him?! All I've heard is exactly what you've stated, he's bad atm and might never get anywhere. I'm pretty sure the consensus is he's a bust in the making or at best an average journeyman NBA player.

I hope all this 'melo talk is simply talk. Don't need that guy taking bad shots in LA.

Old 11-15-2018, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
People say that about him?! All I've heard is exactly what you've stated, he's bad atm and might never get anywhere. I'm pretty sure the consensus is he's a bust in the making or at best an average journeyman NBA player.
Granted, it's mostly Laker fans, but I've heard it from some non-Laker fans as well. When you disagree, they usually bring up his "insane" passing skills and then go on to tell you that you know nothing about basketball.

Even the one thing he's supposed to be great at--passing--he's not all that extraordinary at IMHO. A lot of his highlight passes are long outlet passes that I'd expect most NBA point guards to be able to hit on consistently. I don't think he's really even ahead of Curry in the vision and passing department and that's not to say Curry is bad. It's just that if passing is really all you can do, and you're supposed to be this transformational player who will be the future of the franchise for years to come, then I'd expect your passing to be on a Nash/Stockton or Lebron/Bird level rather than solid point guard level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball