Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was Angel Reese's taunt of Caitlin Clark warranted?
Yes 6 42.86%
No 8 57.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2023, 05:41 PM

3,429 posts, read 1,558,536 times

Advertisements

Was the action warranted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2023, 08:28 PM

6,998 posts, read 11,293,992 times
LSU won the game, that young lady was a huge reason why. Not my style of celebration, but it shouldn't be that big of a deal days after. Clark said "whatever" they won, and was getting in the handshake line. Had Iowa won, she would have been puffing her chest out too in victory.

Reese said she was pumped, bold by personality, and in the moment. That "moment" being the best team performance we have seen in a women's Final Four, at least offensively? Again, not my style, but these young ladies have game, so why not have some swag to go with it?

Old 04-03-2023, 08:30 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,004,797 times
Listening to Angel Reese talk after the game worries me more then her taunting an opposing player who did the same thing throughout the tournament

Old 04-03-2023, 08:59 PM

19,767 posts, read 18,055,300 times
A big difference is Clark pulled the, "you can't see me" thing for about 1 second total. Reese followed Clark around for several seconds. Clark walked away from Reece twice while this was going on.

Old 04-03-2023, 10:27 PM

4,859 posts, read 6,918,406 times
In the span of 10-20 seconds Reese went from Bayou Barbie to Baltimore B*tch. What a way to market yourself for future endorsements. I have little doubt her actions won't affect China loving Nike though. I'm sure everyone in the "hood" is proud of how she handled herself.

At least Clark is capable of doing math at the high school level. https://www.foxnews.com/media/outrag...chools-failure

LSU had just played one of the most unbelievable offensive games in the history of women's basketball, but thanks to her actions, this is what is being talked about. Had she not done this everyone, including Hawkeye fans, would be recognizing the Tigers for what an unbeatable team they were that night. Sure, the refereeing was bad, but it wasn't enough to have mattered with what the outcome was going to be.

IF she has an ounce of common sense, she should get on social media or public media and apologize. People would forgive her as it was "in the moment". I'm not going to hold my breath expecting this however.

Old 04-04-2023, 12:07 AM

3,429 posts, read 1,558,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
In the span of 10-20 seconds Reese went from Bayou Barbie to Baltimore B*tch. What a way to market yourself for future endorsements. I have little doubt her actions won't affect China loving Nike though. I'm sure everyone in the "hood" is proud of how she handled herself.

At least Clark is capable of doing math at the high school level. https://www.foxnews.com/media/outrag...chools-failure

LSU had just played one of the most unbelievable offensive games in the history of women's basketball, but thanks to her actions, this is what is being talked about. Had she not done this everyone, including Hawkeye fans, would be recognizing the Tigers for what an unbeatable team they were that night. Sure, the refereeing was bad, but it wasn't enough to have mattered with what the outcome was going to be.

IF she has an ounce of common sense, she should get on social media or public media and apologize. People would forgive her as it was "in the moment". I'm not going to hold my breath expecting this however.
What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Clark shouldn't dish it out if she can't take it. No need for Reese to apologize at all and many have no problem with what she did so no forgiving is necessary (this won't hurt her career one iota). Trash talking goes on all the time and unbeknownst to me (which is why I don't pass judgement without knowing all the facts....like that idiot Keith Olbermann), Clark apparently has been just as disrespectful. So they either both apologize or neither. This shouldn't be a one way street.

Old 04-04-2023, 05:29 AM

3,937 posts, read 2,338,527 times
Much ta do about nothing. Both of them trash talk. There is no levels to trash talking. Either you dishing it or taking it. Get over it, people!

Old 04-04-2023, 05:38 AM

12,382 posts, read 8,136,596 times
For the last few weeks my newsfeed has had stories about NCAA Women's teams showing various deeds of disrespect and fighting with opponents during their tournament. Meanwhile the basketball videos of the Hall of Famers from 35 years ago were telling of their trash talk from back in day featuring one Larry Bird in the discussion of his standing as the possible G.O.A.T.

With Clark breaking through in the elite 8 and final four level to my radar with great games along with showing some professional wrestlers trash talk gimmicks it does seems as if there is a marketing push as women were being shown in a way that men can't do things anymore. Sort of like upstart American football leagues encourage their players to go through elaborate video game worthy celebrations that the NFL has been trying to ban its players are doing.

Old 04-04-2023, 05:55 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,323,454 times
I see where Jill Biden wants to invite both LSU and Iowa to the White House, I kinda, sorta, see what she is trying to do here, but can you say awkward!

Not to go too off topic, but just to show how the littlest of things can effect other things, back in the Sweet 16 game, when LSU was playing Utah, with 4 seconds left LSU was up 64-63 and Utah's Jenna Johnson was at the line shooting 2 free throws, and misses both of them. Makes you wonder, if she hit both free throws, maybe LSU wouldn't have even made it to the Elite 8!

Old 04-04-2023, 06:06 AM

3,937 posts, read 2,338,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
I see where Jill Biden wants to invite both LSU and Iowa to the White House, I kinda, sorta, see what she is trying to do here, but can you say awkward!

Not to go too off topic, but just to show how the littlest of things can effect other things, back in the Sweet 16 game, when LSU was playing Utah, with 4 seconds left LSU was up 64-63 and Utah's Jenna Johnson was at the line shooting 2 free throws, and misses both of them. Makes you wonder, if she hit both free throws, maybe LSU wouldn't have even made it to the Elite 8!
If I was part of Iowa team, I wouldn't go. I don't do participation trophies, first off. Secondly, only the winner goes to the White House. That's tradition. Losers don't deserve the spotlight. To heck with that olive branch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball