Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2024, 10:44 PM

10,855 posts, read 4,390,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
He played just fine, so did Lebron. Two of the games were very close, could have easily gone their way. If they had, LA would be up 3-2 against the defending champs!
The games were close, this year and last year.
And who decides close games?
Superstars.
LeBron and AD disappeared when it mattered most.
Its so funny when you think back to the in-season tournament and AD yelling "I'm HIM !!!!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2024, 05:31 AM

4,675 posts, read 3,876,878 times
I've often wondered how LeBron would have done if he stayed long term with the Heat & with Spoelstra in his coaching prime. You'd have one of the best coaches ever & best floor general ever on the same team.

Old 05-02-2024, 10:39 AM

10,855 posts, read 4,390,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
I've often wondered how LeBron would have done if he stayed long term with the Heat & with Spoelstra in his coaching prime. You'd have one of the best coaches ever & best floor general ever on the same team.
Definitely, Spoelstra teams overachieve, so anyone who plays for him is extremely lucky.

Old 05-04-2024, 12:06 PM

14,722 posts, read 14,695,253 times
Another head coach fired by LeGM. So unlucky!

Old 05-04-2024, 01:26 PM

18,250 posts, read 25,912,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I would say Barkley, Karl Malone, James Harden (up to now), CP3 and many others are far more unlucky. I am sure they would all have liked to have had LeBrons "unluck".
Yes! I'll go back several decades further---my vote goes for Los Angeles Lakers great Jerry West. (Yes-I'm ancient!)

Presidential Medal of Freedom 2019
Was an NBA all-star all 14 seasons in his career
Had an ok supporting cast but not a great one.
Could never get past the great Boston Celtics clubs of that era

He had more heartbreaking losses in the NBA playoffs than anyone that I remember (IMHO)

Two things I remember the most about his career the most--

1. The 55 ft. shot against the NY Knicks in the 1970 finals, game 5.
2. With Keith Jackson on play by play and the great Bill Russell on commentary, they talked about Jerry with one minute or two left in game 5 of the 1972 playoffs against the Knicks. showing him on the tube he looked like a youngster getting his first bicycle, ball glove, and hitting a grand slam home run all in one day!

Even with Elgin Baylor on that club they couldn't get past Boston people don't remember by early in that 1971-2 season Elgin Baylor's knees were so bad that he abruptly retired early in that season. They still pulled off a 33 game winning streak to a 69-13 season and finally winning it all in 1972.

Who was the NBA thinking of when their popular logo came up?

Jerry West

Old 05-05-2024, 12:35 AM

3,858 posts, read 4,458,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I would say Barkley, Karl Malone, James Harden (up to now), CP3 and many others are far more unlucky. I am sure they would all have liked to have had LeBrons "unluck".
well to be fair:
Barkley made several jumps to join better teams and ring chase: Left Philly to go to the Suns, then after that team faded, jumped to Houston with Hakeem, Drexler and later Pippen.
Pippen left Chicago to Houston and then Portland.
Malone left Utah to ring chase with the Lakers.
Payton also joined both LA and later Miami with Wade and Shaq to get his ring.
Kareem won a ring in Milwaukee and then decided he wanted to play in a bigger city and demanded a trade to LA.
Wilt changed teams several times in his career.

That's why it kills me to hear some of these older folks blast Lebron and KD for doing what they all were doing back then. The hypocrisy is incredible.

Old 05-05-2024, 09:23 AM

32,151 posts, read 34,822,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
well to be fair:
Barkley made several jumps to join better teams and ring chase: Left Philly to go to the Suns, then after that team faded, jumped to Houston with Hakeem, Drexler and later Pippen.
Pippen left Chicago to Houston and then Portland.
Malone left Utah to ring chase with the Lakers.
Payton also joined both LA and later Miami with Wade and Shaq to get his ring.
Kareem won a ring in Milwaukee and then decided he wanted to play in a bigger city and demanded a trade to LA.
Wilt changed teams several times in his career.

That's why it kills me to hear some of these older folks blast Lebron and KD for doing what they all were doing back then. The hypocrisy is incredible.
Exactly. And Barkley and Malone were around 26 when they started team hopping which made it even worse.

Old 05-05-2024, 07:20 PM

3,858 posts, read 4,458,990 times
Slight correction: Malone was much older when he went to LA. He had to be late 30s. Barkley on the other hand was in his 20s when he left Philadelphia.

Old 05-06-2024, 07:52 AM

32,151 posts, read 34,822,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
Slight correction: Malone was much older when he went to LA. He had to be late 30s. Barkley on the other hand was in his 20s when he left Philadelphia.
Barkley also teamed up with a Top 3 player in his 20s just like Lebron. So we are in agreement here.

Old 05-06-2024, 04:59 PM

78,644 posts, read 60,823,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Exactly. And Barkley and Malone were around 26 when they started team hopping which made it even worse.
Karl Malone left the Jazz when he was about 40, played one year with the Lakers and retired.

Barkley turned 30 his first year at Pheonix after leaving Philly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball