Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2010, 10:22 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,532,954 times

Advertisements

The worrisome thing for the Lakers is that the strategy Boston has put in the last two games was to let Kobe do all the scoring and not let any other Laker get involved. This is something that can carry over and over. Also, the decision to not play Bynum in the 4th might have been the big mistake that Phil did in this series. IMO, Bynum is the key in this series and if he is badly limping again for game 6, it could be over for the Lakers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 10:26 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,003,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
The worrisome thing for the Lakers is that the strategy Boston has put in the last two games was to let Kobe do all the scoring and not let any other Laker get involved. This is something that can carry over and over. Also, the decision to not play Bynum in the 4th might have been the big mistake that Phil did in this series. IMO, Bynum is the key in this series and if he is badly limping again for game 6, it could be over for the Lakers.

I never thought he was good offensively

Old 06-13-2010, 10:31 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,405,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I just don't see the Celtics winning a 3rd game in a row so I defintely would put my paycheck on the Lakers for Game 6. Now Game 7, not sure
with the way the lakers are playing these last 4 games, please dont be suprised im not a fan of neither, and i hate the lakers, im a magics fan but....................

when it comes down to it i want to see boston win lol.

and if lakers keep up this horrible play , they can say goodbye in game 6

Old 06-13-2010, 10:36 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,405,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
bynum the key fr what exactly? i really think this bynum key garbage is overrated.

bynum was the same man who scored 21 points in game 2 with combined points with gasol and played the most minutes in that game yet the lakers still lost.

to be honest with you i have been hearing this bynum rant since 08 and i always thought that bynum was never a factor in anything. the same goes for tonight when all my laker fan buddies told me if bynum plays boston is losing, well thats been dis proven.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:38 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
with the way the lakers are playing these last 4 games, please dont be suprised im not a fan of neither, and i hate the lakers, im a magics fan but....................

when it comes down to it i want to see boston win lol.

and if lakers keep up this horrible play , they can say goodbye in game 6

Phil Jackson is 47-0 when he wins game 1, don't forget that.

You don't think he will be in his house coming up a strategy the next 48 hours to protect that record?

Old 06-13-2010, 10:46 PM
JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
bynum the key fr what exactly? i really think this bynum key garbage is overrated.

bynum was the same man who scored 21 points in game 2 with combined points with gasol and played the most minutes in that game yet the lakers still lost.

to be honest with you i have been hearing this bynum rant since 08 and i always thought that bynum was never a factor in anything. the same goes for tonight when all my laker fan buddies told me if bynum plays boston is losing, well thats been dis proven.
He might have been enough to just barely get that advantage late in the game with some key rebounds since this game was kinda close in the last minute or so. There is no way to know if he is sitting on the bench.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:48 PM
JL

Quote:

You don't think he will be in his house coming up a strategy the next 48 hours to protect that record?
Throw records out of the window. The problem for the Lakers now is an ineffective Bynum, Artest is MIA for this series as well as Odom. Again, the strategy to let Kobe do all the scoring can carry over to game 6. Records and streaks mean nothing now.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:52 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,970,184 times
I still enjoy how people still dont think the Celtics are for real. They wiped the floor with the Cavs. Then proceeded to do the same with the Magic minus allowing them to linger which caused them. I really dont see them allowing the Lakers to linger around.

Artest gives up on every major defensive play. Every slow motion play, he is 2 steps behind.

Im not even a Celtics fan! Im a Magic fan! This team is just too good and they will end it in game 6.

They cant beat LA 3 in a row? Sounds like the same people saying they couldnt beat the Cavs cause they are old. Or they couldnt beat the Magic because they are slow.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:57 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
I still enjoy how people still dont think the Celtics are for real. They wiped the floor with the Cavs. Then proceeded to do the same with the Magic minus allowing them to linger which caused them. I really dont see them allowing the Lakers to linger around.

Artest gives up on every major defensive play. Every slow motion play, he is 2 steps behind.

Im not even a Celtics fan! Im a Magic fan! This team is just too good and they will end it in game 6.

They cant beat LA 3 in a row? Sounds like the same people saying they couldnt beat the Cavs cause they are old. Or they couldnt beat the Magic because they are slow.

I feel that way because the Celtics stole Game 2

Old 06-13-2010, 11:00 PM

744 posts, read 1,209,564 times
Quote:

And this starting 5 in Boston has never lost a playoff series either. No matter how you look at it one of the streaks is over, and I for one hope that Phil Jackson will be able to say he is 47-1 after winning game 1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball