Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2015, 07:48 AM

1 posts, read 1,162 times

Advertisements

We are moving to the area from Houston and my son was admitted to the Dufrocq School (magnet academic) for kindergarten in the Fall. Does anyone have any input, good or bad, on this school? We are also looking at Runnels, which I realize would be a huge price increase. Thanks in advance!
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2015, 11:17 AM

275 posts, read 535,801 times
Hi. I noticed your question before, but hesitated to answer as it's our daughter and family who live in Baton Rouge.

They live near Dufrocq, in the Garden District, in the "preferred" area for admittance, which would give their son a good chance of getting in. (He's now 2.) They are facing a dilemma; she is from a Catholic school background and would love that for him, but are not convinced the BR Catholic schools would be challenging enough, as he is incredibly bright (Dad is an LSU prof, Mom very smart and well educated.) They have heard very good things about Dufrocq and are most impressed with the facilities (they recently toured the school.) They have also been told by parents that the administration there has had a tough transition to a high-achieving magnet school.

Apparently Runnels, though private and, I imagine, pricey, has had its own share of administration changes and woes. Here is a link to a website with some reviews, which seem to range from wonderful to terrible:

The Runnels School - Baton Rouge, Louisiana - LA - School reviews

Good luck with your choice - it's an important one.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
View detailed profiles of: