Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2008, 02:29 PM

3 posts, read 13,510 times

Advertisements

Hello, I'll be moving from out of state to Baton Rouge at the beginning of August. My husband and I plan to go out beforehand to find a rental. How much time should we plan for apartment-hunting, and is mid-July too late to find an apartment for an immediate or August lease? Also, what is the best way to find an apartment that is located in a regular neighborhood (such as the Garden District or Spanish District), not an apartment complex or gated community? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by BRnewbie; 04-08-2008 at 02:43 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 08:47 PM

794 posts, read 3,357,543 times
You can probably start finding August openings right about now. They'll become more plentiful by June. Most places you have to give a 30 day notice anyway. I'd suggest looking into apartments before mid July. Especially since August is prime time for college students to start coming back and they take up a lot of choices in localized areas around town.

Old 04-13-2008, 05:13 PM

12 posts, read 61,293 times
I accepted a job in Baton Rouge the first week of February and I was able to get an apartment with a March 1st move in date after I narrowed down where I wanted to live. I never got to go out to see the place before I moved in, but I have been here since then.

I think you will be fine...I only had two weeks to move from the middle of the country to Louisiana.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:07 PM

52 posts, read 249,963 times
I'd give yourself as much time as possible, but I also was able to find an apartment (10 minutes from my job) in about 2 weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
View detailed profiles of: