Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2019, 11:45 AM

1 posts, read 942 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I'm considering going to Southern University Law Center Part time in the fall. I was wondering if I could get some suggestions on where to live in a reasonable driving distance, but also reasonably decent area. I know like safe is subjective. So I mean I'm originally from Brooklyn, NY but live in VA. So when I say safe I mean just being a single female without any family in the area I just want to be able to feel aight going from my car to my apartment lol....

I'm keeping my job in IT and I work from home so I'm looking to be in around a 20min drive to the campus I would think. I need 2 bedrooms and I would say $1650 or below a month.....

Any suggestions on where to live????

I know absolutely nothing about the area to be honest.....

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2019, 09:29 AM

16,507 posts, read 26,285,643 times
Basically you can live anywhere in the city on that budget. Is there anything you're looking for in a neighborhood?

Old 04-12-2019, 04:17 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,304,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawSchoolBae View Post
Hi Everyone,

I'm considering going to Southern University Law Center Part time in the fall. I was wondering if I could get some suggestions on where to live in a reasonable driving distance, but also reasonably decent area. I know like safe is subjective. So I mean I'm originally from Brooklyn, NY but live in VA. So when I say safe I mean just being a single female without any family in the area I just want to be able to feel aight going from my car to my apartment lol....

I'm keeping my job in IT and I work from home so I'm looking to be in around a 20min drive to the campus I would think. I need 2 bedrooms and I would say $1650 or below a month.....

Any suggestions on where to live????

I know absolutely nothing about the area to be honest.....

Thanks in advance!
I'll get back to you with more information..If you want somewhere decent, you may want to look into the Zachary Baker area. I grew up near Southern and there there are apartments, especially near the Airport but not much in the immediate area. I do believe they have built some new units near the campus next to the overpass but there isn;t much around as far as entertainment. You will have to go to the south end of town for that, especially around the LSU area and Highland/Jefferson Rd.

I would tell you other areas of Baton Rouge, especially in the Bocage area but that's a drive and the Baton Rouge traffic is horrendous at rush hour. Give me a day or two...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge