Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 11:23 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,356,266 times

Advertisements

Let's all pray that the haters and hypocrite's will move out of Louisiana and thus lift the shroud of ignorance by their actions .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 11:43 AM

595 posts, read 1,174,092 times
I'M really upset that one Gay Black man does not like BR. just tears My up. I wish they all felt that way and could join You up north were it's so damn perfect.

Old 01-30-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubianbrotha View Post
I respect you and your civic pride.
now:
1.Name me one great neighborhood in Baton Rouge(city limits) that isn't gated, and lends charm to B.R.
2. Playing in NOLA or NYC....lol. I'll take nyc much more to do after you sobber up...lol
3.D.C. metro(subway and buses) are part of the reason why almost 6million people communte around and play ,live and love D.C. When it goes to TYson's corner, Dulles, and possiblelly to BWI,why would you need to drive anywhere.
It's been proven that neightbohoods near a metro station have become town centers within there own right.
I eat sleep live shop and work in d.c. no need to do the subrubs unless i have have too.
4.As for the economy. Government rules the scene here too, but there are large sub sectors of the economy that have changed the dynamics here. The D.C, economy is probablly larger than all of Louisiana. (had to rub it in you face)
5.D.C. looks like the whole world. People come to this area from everywhere... I think its home to the 3rd or 4th largest immigrant popluaiton in the country..and im not just speaking latinos.
6. d.c. like any other community has crime but Baton Rouge has too much for a city its size.
#1 Name one great black gay person that lends charm to BR.

Old 01-30-2011, 12:45 PM

1,021 posts, read 2,305,067 times
The lack of sophistication in the previous responses (and surely those to come in the future) can be explained by the following table:

State Education Rankings: Louisiana Graduation Rates

Less than 9th Grade: 7.2% (Ranking 7)

Failed to Graduate High School: 19.8% (Ranking 3)

High School Graduate or Higher: 80.3% (Ranking 47)

Associate's Degree or Higher: 25.1% (Ranking 48)

Bachelor's Degree or Higher: 20.4% (Ranking 46)

Graduate/Professional Degree: 6.7% (Ranking 46)

Feel free to refute the top 10 reasons why individuals have left Baton Rouge than continue to add to the list. Remember, if people leave and your educational attainment and economic development is low, that is not a good thing.

Old 01-30-2011, 01:31 PM

217 posts, read 573,803 times
In case you didn't catch what I said the first time...
I was raised in NY. Meaning, I am a product of the New York private and public school system. When I graduated (public - not charter or magnet) high school, my school was ranked 14th in the country. Yes, country. Not county, not state, not region. So to go boasting about DC area schools doesn't mean squat to me.

As someone else said, you're comparing apples to oranges. If you don't like it, leave.

Old 01-30-2011, 02:02 PM

15 posts, read 13,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbbertusa View Post
#1 Name one great black gay person that lends charm to BR.
Name one backwoods white person that does.

It's all relative.

Old 01-30-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigers2010 View Post
In case you didn't catch what I said the first time...
I was raised in NY. Meaning, I am a product of the New York private and public school system. When I graduated (public - not charter or magnet) high school, my school was ranked 14th in the country. Yes, country. Not county, not state, not region. So to go boasting about DC area schools doesn't mean squat to me.

As someone else said, you're comparing apples to oranges. If you don't like it, leave.
Sometimes it isn't just easy to pack up and leave. This is a free country, if we want to complain about it, we can. I constantly hear people in this place complain about the North and how ****ty our cities are and how Louisiana bests them all.

Old 01-30-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnvr2late View Post
Name one backwoods white person that does.

It's all relative.
That is the easy part,Mr. John Folse.

Old 01-30-2011, 03:13 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,356,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnvr2late View Post
Sometimes it isn't just easy to pack up and leave. This is a free country, if we want to complain about it, we can. I constantly hear people in this place complain about the North and how ****ty our cities are and how Louisiana bests them all.
Why don't you complain to people that : 1. Care , 2: Have the power to affect change .

Coming here and picking a fight just makes you as low class as the people you are complaining about . This applies to you as well Mr. Steeler dude .

Old 01-30-2011, 03:30 PM

I think people on these boards to care or they wouldn't come to ask for advice. This is a democracy. At the most basic level, everyone has the power to make a change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge