Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
 [Register]
Baton Rouge Metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 05:07 PM

22 posts, read 69,495 times

Advertisements

we are looking to buy a new couch. any suggestions on where to go and where to stay away from? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 07:56 PM

1,357 posts, read 5,464,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead3 View Post
we are looking to buy a new couch. any suggestions on where to go and where to stay away from? Thanks!
- I've been happy with Olindes (I go to the store on Airline) and the La-Z-Boy Gallery on Sherwood Forest.
- I've heard bad things about Gerards.
- Ethan Allen is WAY overpriced for what you get and, I found the same was the case with Basset.
- A "think outside of the box" place you may want to consider is Dillards in the Mall of Louisiana - I know someone who bought furniture there who was happy.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:16 PM

97 posts, read 285,396 times
V Watts in Livingston is good.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loralcb View Post
V Watts in Livingston is good.
ooo, yes, I forgot about them. Here's the deal: V Watts is on Hwy 190 in the town of Livingston - about 20 miles from BR, so it's a bit of a drive. But it's a big showroom, and the prices are good. And they don't charge delivery fees. I've bought from them before, and was happy with their service.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:14 PM

67 posts, read 248,618 times
I like Home Furniture on Airline. I can't say much about quality (I don't own anything from there), but their prices are great and the furniture all seems very fresh. Right next to Academy @ Florida BLVD.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:39 PM

378 posts, read 1,206,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRMan View Post
- I've been happy with Olindes (I go to the store on Airline) and the La-Z-Boy Gallery on Sherwood Forest.
- I've heard bad things about Gerards.
- Ethan Allen is WAY overpriced for what you get and, I found the same was the case with Basset.
- A "think outside of the box" place you may want to consider is Dillards in the Mall of Louisiana - I know someone who bought furniture there who was happy.
Have to agree with this post... and I promise V. Watts is worth the drive. Also I bought some furniture from Haverty's and have been very happy. Have fun shopping!

Old 04-08-2009, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndrone1 View Post
I like Home Furniture on Airline. I can't say much about quality (I don't own anything from there), but their prices are great and the furniture all seems very fresh. Right next to Academy @ Florida BLVD.
My wife and I looked once for a curio there, and were not super impressed. But...take a look and see.

I also was not impressed with Unfinished Furniture (Airline just south of I-12) - their customer service was not that great.

Old 04-08-2009, 05:26 PM

137 posts, read 294,635 times
I like Olinde's too. I bought a great coffee table with matching end tables from there in 2005. Good price, good service. They definitely get my vote.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:05 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,412,059 times
Here's a vote for the Ethan Allen Grand Gallery. As far as prices go, at least here you get what you pay for. But Ethan Allen isn't what it used to be: gone is the strict adherence to traditional and Early American styles that were their mainstay.

I was not impressed with V. Watts, but I'd have to agree with those who recommended Olinde's. I just hate getting in and out of there since they're on Airline Hwy.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:05 AM
mzb

29 posts, read 82,349 times
Depens on what you are looking for-also try christian street furniture on corporate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Baton Rouge