Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
 [Register]
Bend Deschutes County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 01:44 PM

722 posts, read 1,353,780 times

Advertisements

Fair enough, and I think a slow recovery is much better for most of us in the long run.

FYI : drifting off topic can be interesting too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
I try to separate the comments from those in real-estate from non partisan residents also, but few agents list their vocation (rightfully so) and I have to weed the biased comments from the valid information.

I would not want this to drift too far off topic which you seem to be doing. Those in real-estate would not want us to believe there were a lot of rentals as this would indicate slow recovery
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 02:04 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,338,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snownut View Post
Fair enough, and I think a slow recovery is much better for most of us in the long run.

... ...
On this we agree. I loved Bend of the past. I do not care much for the Bend of today.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:32 PM

1,126 posts, read 2,926,849 times
Quote:
Who said I don't. You don't see Casa Grande or Maricopa Arizona, or Coos Bay Oregon on my signature either, but I have property and interests there also. My home happens to be in Sunsites Arizona and Dallas Oregon. Actually my property is not just Downtown Bend, but Water Wonderland/Sun River also. If you are going to try to insult me or disparage my comments, know what you are talking about.
Interesting, According the County Records the only Pickering owning property in OWW is Terry Pickering from Lake Oswego. And None in Bend. But I'm sure their records are wrong.........

Old 01-28-2013, 03:10 PM

1,337 posts, read 3,279,304 times
Claim: There are a ton of rentals in the Bend area based on craigslist.

Refute: Oregonwoodsmoke: Perspectives a funny thing, because the rental posting you came across A) Aren't all in Bend by any measure B) 600 'vacancies on CL' is actually not that many for a town of 70k C) Go apply for any one of them and find out that many are no longer listed. D) Two people work directly in rentals and are totally inundated with qualified applicants in hours

There is a difference between seeing a 'fact' and drawing a direct conclusion and that of finding a 'fact' and understanding it, putting it into context.

Question: Are you literally saying that the one or two posters who mentioned trying to rent, finding it to be a difficult gambit given the size of this town are lying? Or....is their experience just invalid?

At this point, I feel like I'm discussing a topic with a fundamentalist. And I don't mean that in a religious sense, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if those were also your leanings. The total disjointedness to your 'claims' are so left field that you can't even try and have a dialgue because once one 'claim' is show to be so grosely untrue, the person continues using it as a 'trusim'. (another example would be your contiinued claim that Bend's population is still contracting which has been shown to you many times to be untrue, yet you still claim it?)

I'm finished with all that. Good luck with your investments, Steve

Last edited by kapetrich; 01-28-2013 at 03:33 PM..

Old 01-28-2013, 03:12 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,338,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirnot View Post
Interesting, According the County Records the only Pickering owning property in OWW is Terry Pickering from Lake Oswego. And None in Bend. But I'm sure their records are wrong.........

Really? Now just why do you think that is? Has Terry ever posted in these forums? Why would you post his name if he hasn't?

I doubt their records are wrong. More likely you do not know what to look for. And Terry has never lived in Lake Oswego so that part of their records are wrong. But there is a reason for that which just happens to be none of your business.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:01 PM

32,655 posts, read 48,053,996 times
Quote:
On this we agree. I loved Bend of the past. I do not care much for the Bend of today.
I'm going to have to agree with that. Still love the area but it sure is not as wonderful as it was a few decades ago.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:53 AM

501 posts, read 1,296,339 times
I've had OPB at 91.3 on this morning in the background.

They mentioned that there will be an upcoming program that will discuss the tight rental markets in Portland and in Bend. I didn't catch which program, but I haven't heard it yet, though I've left the room a few times. I'd look up when online except my dialup is too slow at the moment.

Maybe there will be some verifiable info on this that will stand up to scrutiny - I'll post it if I hear anything.

Last edited by sugarsugar; 01-30-2013 at 12:01 PM..

Old 01-30-2013, 01:37 PM

3,296 posts, read 9,690,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarsugar View Post
I've had OPB at 91.3 on this morning in the background.

They mentioned that there will be an upcoming program that will discuss the tight rental markets in Portland and in Bend. I didn't catch which program, but I haven't heard it yet, though I've left the room a few times. I'd look up when online except my dialup is too slow at the moment.

Maybe there will be some verifiable info on this that will stand up to scrutiny - I'll post it if I hear anything.
I'm actually listening to that program right now! I was going to post about it here.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:02 PM

501 posts, read 1,296,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta07 View Post
I'm actually listening to that program right now! I was going to post about it here.
Well, I got back in the room just in time to hear that "if you missed it, this will be rebroadcast again tonight at 8pm" So I will try to be more diligent about my listening tonight, unless you report back that it turned out to be a waste of time!

The program was Think Out Loud, OPB, and in addition to the 8pm rebroadcast, I think they said you could go to their website and get it there (I am dialup challenged, so I am not sure how that works).

Old 01-30-2013, 02:25 PM

32,655 posts, read 48,053,996 times
Quote:
I try to separate the comments from those in real-estate from non partisan residents also, but few agents list their vocation (rightfully so) and I have to weed the biased comments from the valid information.

I would not want this to drift too far off topic which you seem to be doing. Those in real-estate would not want us to believe there were a lot of rentals as this would indicate slow recovery

If it is all that important to you to keep track of who is "in real estate" from non partisan residents, I am not an agent or a realtor, or a property manager, or a contractor, and I do not buy and sell real estate. I have nothing for sale in Bend.

However, I do wonder what a non partisan person with no interest in real estate would know about the rental market in Bend. People who are settled into their house, whether owned or rented, tend to be pretty oblivious to what is going on in real estate because it isn't about them when they aren't looking to buy or rent.

I was just happy to find good tenants so quickly and easily. That's a big improvement over the past couple of years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend