Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
 [Register]
Bend Deschutes County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 02:34 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,338,787 times

Advertisements

And when they connect they often bump for first in first out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2014, 05:20 PM

150 posts, read 215,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendLocal View Post
You are comparing Apples and Oranges. Both cars will get you from point A to point B. Not all of the cellular providers can connect a call from point A to point B (different coverage areas for point A).
In your effort to find something to argue about, you missed the simple point I was making - that some people may not need the added benefits that come along with the more expensive plans, making them not necessary for such people. If they're necessary for you then by all means, go with the more expensive plan, but if they're not for someone else, then there are cheaper options where the service varies by market.

I'll leave it at that as I don't feel like arguing about cell service in a city a don't live in yet.

Old 03-10-2014, 05:48 PM

2,542 posts, read 4,003,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greener_Pastures View Post
In your effort to find something to argue about, you missed the simple point I was making - that some people may not need the added benefits that come along with the more expensive plans, making them not necessary for such people. If they're necessary for you then by all means, go with the more expensive plan, but if they're not for someone else, then there are cheaper options where the service varies by market.
But you failed to make your point. More importantly the ability to make a call does matter. What happens if you select service XYZ and 10 miles outside of Bend you need to make a call but can't? SOL!

Old 03-10-2014, 05:52 PM

1,337 posts, read 3,279,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendLocal View Post
But you failed to make your point. More importantly the ability to make a call does matter. What happens if you select service XYZ and 10 miles outside of Bend you need to make a call but can't? SOL!
Greener_Pastures made a point. You and possibly one other poster are the only ones who don't see it. It's a broad point...about weighing options. It's called utility. LOOK IT UP IT'S A PHILOSOPHY: Utilitarianism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lay off people...especially newer posters. We're here to provide information not argue every single point imaginable.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:12 PM

Old 03-10-2014, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapetrich View Post
Greener_Pastures made a point. You and possibly one other poster are the only ones who don't see it. It's a broad point...about weighing options.
Bend is in the middle of nowhere. If you travel outside of town via car you better make sure your cell provider has you covered.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:25 PM

1,337 posts, read 3,279,304 times
I have friends with other carriers than Verizon who leave town via a car and they're content. They admit Verizon is better, just as everyone here, but in their view it is not worth it when weighing their options.

It's not about being 'right' here.

I have Verizon and I wouldn't choose another carrier for the area, but other people think differently than me. Who cares?

You do realize no ones arguing you. They're just asking you to be a reasonable human being.

Last edited by kapetrich; 03-10-2014 at 06:38 PM..

Old 03-10-2014, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Who cares?
The person that doesn't have VZW and needs to make a call 10 miles outside of town. They care MUCHO GRANDO!

Quote:
You do realize no ones arguing you.
But you are doing a great job of keeping this topic alive!

Old 03-10-2014, 07:15 PM

Sometimes I just can't keep myself from commenting.... You also realize that when Kapetrich said who cares he wasn't talking about the cell service comparison, he said it about how who cares that he thinks differently than other people. Again you're arguing with yourself and finding new things to argue with yourself about.

Okay I'm done on this one for real this time.

Old 03-12-2014, 02:55 PM

32,655 posts, read 48,053,996 times
Shrug.

Readers have been told which phone service works outside of town and out on the highways. If they want to use something else, it is no skin off my nose if they have a flat on the way to Pofrtland and can't get any cell phone reception.

Someone is likely to stop and help them before they actually freeze to death. Other than that, everyone gets the information and makes their own choices. Or they just buy whatever they want and don't bother to get any information first.

None of which makes any difference to me, because it won't be me stopping to help the family with the flat tire on the north side of the reservation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Bend
View detailed profiles of: